• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*NO BOOK SPOILERS* Game of Thrones - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO (read rules in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen08

HOLY FUCK AT THE ENDING

Why were the killing all the younglings at the end?

Removing Robert Baratheon's bastard children who I believe would have claim to the throne over Joffrey.

Great episode. I would have liked to see some scenes with Arya but all in due time.

ValleyJoe

Neo Member
HOLY FUCK AT THE ENDING

Those were King Roberts bastard children. Because of the stories being spread around the kingdom about Joffrey being the son of Jaime and Cersei and not Robert and Cersei, they had to kill off any of Roberts offspring who might have had a claim to the throne.

I thought the Dragons returning was the meaning. ie Khaleesi

Also, the red headed crazy witch woman with Stanis, does she represent the old gods? Or just some other God? And she was burning the new 7 Gods right?

She represents a fire god, different from the Old Gods of the North and The Seven of the south (ie the statues that were being burned). Another major difference is that it is a monotheistic god, whereas everyone else has a polytheistic view of many gods.

big ander

Fantastic premiere. Guess I might as well chance it in the other thread though. This one's always so dead. People seem to be okay with marking spoilers there.

Subitai

Fantastic premiere. Guess I might as well chance it in the other thread though. This one's always so dead. People seem to be okay with marking spoilers there.
It's not worth the risk imo. People are speculating there and then being told to spoiler that speculation.

Well, I got to watch this at a friends' place.

Having just watched Season 1 recently this was a great episode to start the season with.

honestly don't know where to start with what I liked about it, but man that ending was a rough way to end things. I know people say the sex scene was unnecessary, and perhaps it was, but I think it made what happened immediately afterwards more stark.

big ander

It's not worth the risk imo. People are speculating there and then being told to spoiler that speculation.

Saw that, luckily I missed the actual post. I read a different post with unmarked book spoilers though, no attempt to even try to obscure parts. Sucks.

Anyway, my full reactions:
Loved the episode. Great reintroduction without being slow, set up a ton of action to come. Can't wait for more Arya next week. As someone who hasn't read the books, HBO's viewer's guide is a huge help. Really well done. I feel like I understand most everything already (I got the stuff about the Gods and the bastards etc.) but this fills in the gaps quite wonderfully.

Only part I feel confused on is how the Greyjoy House fits in. Is Balon jockeying for the iron throne or not? Is he one of the kings in the eponymous War of the Five Kings? I had completely forgotten about the greyjoys between seasons, and I thought the 5 kings were the three baratheons, Robb, and Dany (despite her being a girl). But Balon's still in it? I guess we'll find out when Theon visits him.

Power is power scene was intense.
So intense. They really amped up Cersei already.

More Sansa please.

I'm glad to see she's starting to learn to use her (currently small) amount of power to make a difference. I hope she just keeps becoming more savvy and self assured and out maneuvers that little leech, Joffery.

big ander

More Sansa please.

I'm glad to see she's starting to learn to use her (currently small) amount of power to make a difference. I hope she just keeps becoming more savvy and self assured and out maneuvers that little leech, Joffery.

I hated her in season 1. She was a bit of a bitch. But now she's in a really damn hard position, and I like the way she's handling it. She's smart, and I can't wait to see what she does.

Duki

Banned
They were killing Robert Barthereon's bastard sons. Who would be the rightful heir to the throne.

actually they wouldnt be at all, theyre just getting rid of evidence of the incest

bastards is still bastards yo

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
HOLY FUCK AT THE ENDING

Getting rid of the former King's bastard children since they have a better claim to the throne than Joffrey.

Edit- Wow beaten like a year ago. For some reason I didn't see the updated posts lol.

Socreges

Banned
Is it just me or did the sets look a little more impressive than those from last season? I also thought the direwolf CG was good. I'm sure they'll use it sparingly. Quality over quantity.

All in all, great premiere. Not an easy episode to write as each character/storyline needs to be (re)introduced without it feeling forced.

Hero

Great first episode. The scene with Littlefinger and Cersei was a lot more intense. Also, the infanticide sequence was definitely ridiculous to actually watch.

So we have 4 different factions(2 Barotheon's, House of Stark, and House of Lannister) that will probably all be at war soon with dragon lady still trying to figure out what to do? How many soldiers does each one possess?

UrbanRats

Wait, Season 2 already started?! Holy FUCK!
oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh man, this thread is pretty dead compared to the other one. The other is spoiler heaven, though.

Baby killing. ;_;

Jubern

So we have 4 different factions(2 Barotheon's, House of Stark, and House of Lannister) that will probably all be at war soon with dragon lady still trying to figure out what to do? How many soldiers does each one possess?

Watching this episode makes me think she won't have a significant role in the war for at least one or two more years...

Great episode anyway.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Ahhh now this is the thread I need.

End of the first episode was brutal, it's all kicking off now!

Soule

A safe haven! Yeees, was so hard when i realized today was the day I get to watch Game of Thrones >:) Such a great premiere it is still amazing and I am so desperate for more. My favourite scene was the imp talking down to the Queen, something so satisfying about it.

Walshicus

How many soldiers does each one possess?

Depends how you look at it, Westeros is a feudal society. There might be 15 million people in The North and perhaps 100,000 professional soldiers, but Robb Stark was only able to call an army of 20,000 men.

Robb has his own Demesne of Winterfell (and surrounding areas) which he can raise levies from. His own vassals (such as the Greatjon) will send a portion of their own levies to war too, but not necessarily all of them.

I Need a satisfaction kill, Please in the next episode kill off either Joffrey,his mother, that tied up lanister loser, the dwarf or anyone from the lanister family, I need this as I am hating them so fucking much.

Great that the show is back.

I must have missed something, why didn't the lightbringer-lady die? Didn't she drink out of the same cup as the one that poisoned the old dude?

Moaradin

I Need a satisfaction kill, Please in the next episode kill off either Joffrey,his mother, that tied up lanister loser, the dwarf or anyone from the lanister family, I need this as I am hating them so fucking much.

Great that the show is back.

whaaat why? He's the most likable guy on the show so far.

whaaat why? He's the most likable guy on the show so far.

yes I liked him, but that was when I thought that he was good, and would try and help stark family, but now it seems he is not going to and will be doing his best to support those fucking lanisters. anyone who is on those bastards lanisters side need to die.

I think Arya is my favorite character. Not enough of her in this episode or anything signifigant really, it was just a "here's the stuff that's still happening" episode. We did finally get to meet Stanis though so there's that.

JGS

Banned
I must have missed something, why didn't the lightbringer-lady die? Didn't she drink out of the same cup as the one that poisoned the old dude?
I didn't understand this either.

Enjoyed the first episode overall. Favorite parts:

- Power is power scene
- Rob acting like a BOSS, even telling his mother what to do
- Tyrian's LOSER talk with Cercei
- Whatever effect or real wolves they are using, I like the Direwolves. I was worried how they would look.

Eyeh4wk

yes I liked him, but that was when I thought that he was good, and would try and help stark family, but now it seems he is not going to and will be doing his best to support those fucking lanisters. anyone who is on those bastards lanisters side need to die.

Don't hate the players, hate the game.
Jofrey must die

Because she's a total badass (or she didn't swallow) or she really does have mystical powerzzz

She did swallow.

Walshicus

There are good people on the Lannister side too - Tyrion, Kevan, Tommen and Myrcella.

JGS

Banned
I think he is helping the Starks despite how they treated him.

To me, he's the flip side of Cercei. they both want things to calm down but for different purposes. I think Tyrian would love to just roam wherever he wants whereas Cercei wants control.

I can't see Goffrey lasting considering he's already about to turn on his mother and how much respect could he have for his grandfather at this point? He's the king as he so often mentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom