• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone Mercenary details from Polish magazine, showing back up next (this?) week

i'm not going to go digging through my posting history just because you made the idiotic assumption that i will hate every Vita game because it's on the Vita. maybe it should have occurred to you that there are people who would consider the Vita library to be lackluster. i didn't like Killzone on the PS3, i really doubt I'll like it here.

You must be really interested in this franchise.

True. I can't believe I made the assumption that you dislike the platform just because almost every single Vita post you have made has been negative. How could I have been so daft?

i do dislike the platform. but that doesn't mean i hate every single game on the platform just because it's ON THAT PLATFORM. you made a stupid assumption, how about you come out and admit it? this is completely your fault for thinking the Vita library is so completely flawless that the only people who could possibly be consistently negative about the system and its games only dislike those games because they're Vita games.

H_Prestige said:
You must be really interested in this franchise.

because i continue to post in this thread, or is that a failed attempt at being clever?

BlackJace

It definitely will be. I can see 2013 and onwards being the definitive "Year of the Vita", as Sony would like to put it. Killzone and Tearaway this year, Uncharted: GA 2 and Gravity Rush 2 in the future.

"The future is looking bright."

That should definitely be Sony's new slogan for the Vita.

The game looks good, but let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

Wynnebeck

Banned
because i continue to post in this thread, or is that a failed attempt at being clever?

No he makes a good point. If you don't like the series then why continue to post unless you are interested in the game or attempting to defend your honor. I'm thinking the latter?

VanWinkle

i do dislike the platform. but that doesn't mean i hate every single game on the platform just because it's ON THAT PLATFORM. you made a stupid assumption, how about you come out and admit it? this is completely your fault for thinking the Vita library is so completely flawless that the only people who could possibly be consistently negative about the system and its games only dislike those games because they're Vita games.

Vita's library isn't remotely flawless, and I didn't make an assumption whatsoever. I called you out, because despite having no INTEREST in a franchise, you came into a thread to announce your disinterest. And that's because you dislike the Vita. It's why you continue to post in Vita threads despite showing absolutely no interest in actually buying one.

Iacobellis

The game looks good, but let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

- Engine is nearly 1:1 from PS3 version
- They added a few new gimmicks to the engine, so they can utilize more PS Vita
- Game is gorgeous, clear and crispy textures, big draw distances
- Character models are awesome, the same with animation
- Stable FPS even with gigantic action inside levels
- Literally - game is like portable Killzone 3, looking better than Uncharted.

Uncharted may have had some terrible jaggies, but the environments and fluidity was, and still is, unmatched to any other game on the Vita.

Yes, because you continue to post in a thread about a new entry in a series you don't like...just to tell everyone you don't like it. Very productive. Oh wait, maybe that just makes you a fool. Or a troll. Perhaps both.

BlackJace

Uncharted may have had some terrible jaggies, but the environments and fluidity was, and still is, unmatched to any other game on the Vita.

Nonono, I meant the whole "The Future is Looking Bright" thing. While I would like for it to be the case, it most certainly is not.

I hope the game has exciting leader boards.. that's what makes portable games fun. I think a really good game where one's always chasing points against friends and online oppents. Could make this a really addictive game to play on the go and at home.

highrider

Banned

Axe to grind much? Geez.

BibiMaghoo

It blows my mind that they pinned thier FPS hopes on fucking Nihilistic instead of doing it in-house.

With COD it was neccesity.

With Resistance though, they fucked up. Should have given it to a more competent studio, and thus, that studio would have then had a FPS Vita engine to have made COD in Nhilistics place.

I guess they must have been real cheap.

Do studios tender contracts for first party games? Or is it simply a case of who Sony / whoever decides to approach with the idea?

I've always wondered this. In many other industries people would bid for a contract.

Vita's library isn't remotely flawless, and I didn't make an assumption whatsoever. I called you out, because despite having no INTEREST in a franchise, you came into a thread to announce your disinterest. And that's because you dislike the Vita. It's why you continue to post in Vita threads despite showing absolutely no interest in actually buying one.

if this was an announcement of Killzone 4 on the Orbis or whatever, i'd say the same thing. "i don't care, it's Killzone." it's not because of the Vita. you just made ANOTHER baseless assumption, congratulations. am i not allowed to express a negative opinion about a game just because i have a negative opinion about the series?

H_Prestige said:
Yes, because you continue to post in a thread about a new entry in a series you don't like...just to tell everyone you don't like it. Very productive. Oh wait, maybe that just makes you a fool. Or a troll. Perhaps both.

oh look, another one who wants to jump to inaccurate conclusions. i'm pretty obviously defending a statement i've made in this thread, not continuing to attack Killzone. you'd know that if you actually read my posts.

It's just a little odd to continue expressing that opinion after you've already expressed it before the first time you disliked it.

I'm not a fan of plenty of series, but I don't really go into those threads to continually bash the sequels...don't see much of a point in doing that, doesn't really provide for interesting discussion.

Unless, of course, that criticism was constructive, in that you could see yourself enjoying the series if they fixed ____ component about it.

Uncharted: GA 2 and Gravity Rush 2 in the future.

When these two get announced...

NeogafBidetMan.gif

I wait for them with baited breath.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Old gif of the game:

imUzVb98KWyJU.gif

This is what had me intrigued about the game and the series.

Tried to get into 2 but I couldn't for some reason, though I never played 1 so that could be why. Want to try my hand at it again with the trilogy.

Wynnebeck

Banned
It's just a little odd to continue expressing that opinion after you've already expressed it before the first time you disliked it.

I'm not a fan of plenty of series, but I don't really go into those threads to continually bash the sequels...don't see much of a point in doing that, doesn't really provide for interesting discussion.

Unless, of course, that criticism was constructive, in that you could see yourself enjoying the series if they fixed ____ component about it.

. Anyhow let's keep it on track gentlemen.

if this was an announcement of Killzone 4 on the Orbis or whatever, i'd say the same thing. "i don't care, it's Killzone." it's not because of the Vita. you just made ANOTHER baseless assumption, congratulations. am i not allowed to express a negative opinion about a game just because i have a negative opinion about the series?

oh look, another one who wants to jump to inaccurate conclusions. i'm pretty obviously defending a statement i've made in this thread, not continuing to attack Killzone. you'd know that if you actually read my posts.

If you don't care about Killzone....then why are you posting in the Killzone Merc thread just to say you don't care about Killzone? That was your very first post. What are you attempting to contribute? Who are you speaking to? Please enlighten me.

VanWinkle

You can be negative all you want, but I question your motives when you're here despite having two great reasons not to be:

1.) The game is on Vita. You dislike the Vita.
2.) It's a Killzone game. You dislike the series.

I keep seeing you show up in Vita threads; not to read them, but to let it be known your dislike. And it's absolutely baffling me. Why do you keep coming to them? I'm not into the Final Fantasy series. I have NO reason to ever show up in a Final Fantasy thread and let people know, and I don't. Why would I? It doesn't make sense. It doesn't add to the discussion. Why would post in a thread about a subject (two in this case) that I don't even like?

but i haven't done that. most of my posts have been to say i don't have that opinion just because this game is on the Vita.

H_Prestige said:
If you don't care about Killzone....then why are you posting in the Killzone Merc thread just to say you don't care about Killzone? That was your very first post. What are you attempting to contribute? Who are you speaking to? Please enlighten me.

i am expressing an opinion, the same as everyone else in this thread. mine happens to be negative. is that a problem?

VanWinkle said:
I keep seeing you show up in Vita threads, not to read them, but to let known your dislike. And it's absolutely baffling me. Why do you keep coming to them? I'm not into the Final Fantasy series. I have NO reason to ever show up in a Final Fantasy thread and let people know, and I don't. Why would I? It doesn't make sense. It doesn't add to the discussion. Why would post in a thread about a subject (two in this case) that I don't even like?

and i don't believe i do this. there are plenty of other threads in which i have negative things to say. maybe you only pay attention to the Vita threads.

Legitimately surprised we're hearing about this. I figured we'd never hear anything again and it would be quietly cancelled later this year.

Good on Sony. Vita needs as much support as it can get.

yurinka

I loved KZ2, KZ3 and KZL (the PSP one). Awesome games.
Just considering the old gif and what states the article, I'll be there day 1. I trust in these devs, and same goes with Tearaway.
I wonder if KZ:M will have Cross-Play with KZ:4 on the Orbis. One can hope.
Yes please

Two questions:

1. what resolution will it run in and will it have AA? Uncharted on Vita wasn't much of a victory considering the poor image quality.

2. will it have a story and a proper campaign, or will it be a crappy score attack game?

bjscott05

This really looks great. Might pick up some Killzone PS3 titles up while I wait for this. Which games in the series are the best/should I skip any?

Dantis

1:1 with the KZ3 engine? Skeptical.

Very interested to see how this progresses. I was concerned it was going to be like, mini missions, as opposed to a full blown campaign. Hopefully not.

You didn't answer the question. That's fine. I didn't really expect you to.

i answered the first part. that's your problem if you choose to ignore it. the rest i do not believe needs an answer based on the answer i gave because it can be applied to the people who are expressing a positive opinion. what are they trying to contribute by saying "can't wait"? who are they speaking to?

ZeroAKA

Very interested to see how this progresses. I was concerned it was going to be like, mini missions, as opposed to a full blown campaign. Hopefully not.
I don't know... From the Vita thread:
Killzone is made for handheld, fast paced missions, not too long. Just enough to jump in the bus, play one merc mission, pause game, put Vita to stand-by mode and finish later.
I've never played any of the Killzone games though, so maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

There's a Tearaway article in that issue too. Anybody able to translate that one as well? Would love to get some new details on the game.

Squire

Banned

You continue to underestimate Vita's power.

I think I remember the devs confirming on Twitter that it does have a full campaign instead of the BO: Declassified kind of missions.

I hope the multiplayer has bots like all past Killzone games. Seems like that might be one of the first things to go to help with performance, though. :(

Iacobellis

The Vita isn't weak, developers just haven't properly utilized it, and that probably won't be until 2014. It's not like iOS or Android where you are working with the same OS and very similar hardware year after year.

remnant

Banned
But but, I thought the Vita is dead? Doesn't look like it to me. Can't wait for this game. Day 1 digital for me.

Naw naw don't worry. it's...it's still dead. This is just the part where it shits itself

Awywayyyyy the scans look good. Honestly KZ3 kind of sucked so yeah i don't know if this franchise has any oopmh behind it anymore.

The Vita isn't weak, developers just haven't properly utilized it, and that probably won't be until 2014. It's not like iOS or Android where you are working with the same OS and very similar hardware year after year.

What? lol

Yeah nothing says stability like android.

Dantis

I think I remember the devs confirming on Twitter that it does have a full campaign instead of the BO: Declassified kind of missions.

I hope the multiplayer has bots like all past Killzone games. Seems like that might be one of the first things to go to help with performance, though. :(

Hmmmmm.

Well, I hope that you're right, and it's proper levels. I'd obviously rather the game was as amazing as the OP makes it sound, I'm just not convinced that it will be. :p

The Vita isn't weak, developers just haven't properly utilized it, and that probably won't be until 2014.

I agree. But even so, it's not as powerful as the PS3.

Top Bottom