• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming press invited to Rocksteady Studios (embargo will be lifted over a month)

Cyberia

So going by the following tweet a Dutch games journalist is invited to an event at Rocksteady Studios.

ud2vDeO.jpg

https://twitter.com/janmeijroos/status/431376014867177472

@janmeijroos wanneer mag je erover praten?

Jan Meijroos ‏@janmeijroos 19m
@WildarvB over een klein maandje ...

https://twitter.com/WildarvB/status/431378411123404800

Translation: I'm not allowed to talk about it for a month. I guess next month's GI cover is a given?

Jb

What's up with all those press events with month long embargoes? Don't they realize there's so little going on right now it would be the perfect time for a new game reveal to get everyone talking?

Varth

It's specifically a print media event, so thank god for the common sense of having a long embargo to put everyone on common ground streetdate-wise. Warner is among the few having this kind of common sense nowadays. We're having another print media event today with - like - a week embargo. what's the point, I don't know.

Hope they get to work on something new and fresh. Batman AA was neat as hell, would love to see what they can now do with something not tied to existing properties.

What's up with all those press events with month long embargoes? Don't they realize there's so little going on right now it would be the perfect time for a new game reveal to get everyone talking?

these events aren't always one day only events. they invite press from around the world and for people to prepare their articles and everything and release them in the same day, they need to do these embargoes.

McLovin

I have yet to play origins, but I'm down for a next-gen batman. I hope hope hope it's 60fps. Playing asylum on pc was so much better the console a last gen.

Iirc the article is describing origins, yet the studio is incorrect.

It is partially sure, but Origins wasn't set in the Silver age nor did it feature any characters from the expanded universe. So I have to wonder if some of it didn't pertain to Rocksteadys game. We'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Skunkers

The thing about these new console drought periods is that a month from now.... will still be the perfect time.

Come on Ashes of Arkham. I'd also be happy with Batman Beyond or a Suicide Squad announcement, but I hope they finish the Arkham trilogy.

Milennia

It is partially sure, but Origins wasn't set in the Silver age nor did it feature any characters from the expanded universe. So I have to wonder if some of it didn't pertain to Rocksteadys game. We'll find out soon enough I suppose.

I really, like, really don't want 2 first meetings with the joker.

I thought the rumour was that this is going to be a justice league game?

Might feature some other DC characters but I think it'll still be an Arkham: whatever.

Conroy called it 'a new Arkham game' so it's pretty much confirmed, unless someone else was making that one for the last 2 years.

Fucking Hush with Bruce's face and Azrael and Gotham burning and whatever Scarecrow was doing in that boat and the aftermath of dat ending and KEVIN CONROY AND NEW GADGETS AND BOSSFIGHTS AND GOD JESUS HOLD ME DOWN

I really, like, really don't want 2 first meetings with the joker.

I don't either I want a Silver age Batman game, with the justice league in it in some form.
Maybe going the Brave and the bold route with him teaming up with odds and ends superheroes on side quests. What I don't want is the continued milking of the gritty Arkham franchise unless they can bring something new to the table.

Batman the animated series didn't continue forever it ramped into Justice League Unlimited. I want to see this happen with Rocksteady's games.

modulaire

There is no embargo "announcement" - just a journo mentioning it in a tweet.

And these month long embargoes happen all the time. Most of the time we just don't notice them.

Top Bottom