• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

We should get a release date for 1.6 today on SOTG right?!

It's going to be February 28, lock it down.

Nope, it's clearly going to be delayed to March now..

There was talk that today's maintenance was to test the new patch server side and apparently one of the devs leaked out some info about a major screw up by someone causing them to delay the release by a couple of weeks....and no release date at SotG pretty much confirms that.

Nope, it's clearly going to be delayed to March now..

There was talk that today's maintenance was to test the new patch server side and apparently one of the devs leaked out some info about a major screw up by someone causing them to delay the release by a couple of weeks....and no release date at SotG pretty much confirms that.

If this turns out to be the case and it may not matter anyways this is going to be such a meaningless update/DLC as besides the folks with the season pass I really doubt many players will choose to spend their gaming time with 1.6/Last Stand instead of the plentiful game releases from February/March.

Combine those many game releases with the idea that a lot of current Division players will be turned off from the game due to some of the changes in 1.6 and it might be an absolute ghost town.

The Last Stand "expansion" should have released in January to have any meaningful first or lasting impression.

Edit: Northern_Manny said the update/DLC has been sent to Microsoft/Sony for certification so who knows and at this point I'm not sure I even care anymore. So be it.

RIP EAD

It's a main stat in 1.6 and rolls around 3-4% (except masks).

All resist rolls around 2-3%, making it a worthless stat; even if you stack it on everything it will max out at 20%.

+Health is the new +Armor, making it best in slot and basically mandatory for most builds.

RIP EAD

All resist rolls around 2-3%, making it a worthless stat; even if you stack it on everything it will max out at 20%.

+Health is the new +Armor, making it best in slot and basically mandatory for most builds.

All this contributed to a not very fun experience in the various PTS builds.

Without a lot of EAD the encounters can feel like the 1.3 version quite a bit. The low amount you can roll makes it simply not an option unless I guess you are going for a glass cannon build.

They did the opposite of creating build diversity and +Health is awful in comparison to the current +Armor and overall Toughness system even with the "free" 110-120K yet it is still the only worthwhile roll.

Yeah backpack can roll stability between 14-16.5% but that's way less than what you can stack from mods (14% x 3) so it would be better to roll health or skillpower instead of stability.

You also have weapons talents and skills that provide bonus stability, and Striker 2 piece also gives you stability....making it a poor choice of major stat on armor.

Holster has 17.5-20.5% reload speed.

Mullah88

with this update im going dps crazy with crit chance, probably striker and tactician for skill power build (skill haste till i max it)....going off of Marco's video for best in slot, looks like they just replaced armor roll with health. EDR should come in handy in the DZ, will not bother playing last stand. also the banshee set should be something special in the dz lol. let a rogue kill you and go super soldier for 10 minutes! lol i have a feeling they'll nerf that time

Yeah backpack can roll stability between 14-16.5% but that's way less than what you can stack from mods (14% x 3) so it would be better to roll health or skillpower instead of stability.

You also have weapons talents and skills that provide bonus stability, and Striker 2 piece also gives you stability....making it a poor choice of major stat on armor.

Holster has 17.5-20.5% reload speed.

That's the thing all these changes are pointless as they don't offer enough incentive to roll instead of +Health or depending on the slot +Skill Power.

The only way you would choose these options is on a pure DPS build and even then there are probably better options in going that route.

It's the same deal as before yet they have destroyed Toughness all-together as well and increased cooldowns while increasing damage output, speed, and the tactical moveset of the AI among many other non-advantages to the player.

I'm convinced they write this stuff on a white board and then somehow agree it sounds good and ultimately implement it into the game without any internal testing.

GazzaGSi

You're going to ignore what players have been asking for months - a pvp mode that is actual, structured pvp and not the steamy pile of dogshit that is the DZ pvp since 1.2?

I can't even..

lol but Last Stand is a steamy pile of dogshit with some tacked on landmarks to appeal to PVE players,its fucking terrible. The only thing worthwhile in this update is randomised mats in Survival and DZ07-09 which is free anyway.
I'd take the DZ any day of the week compared to Last Stand.

I'll wait to try out the mode for myself before calling it out.

Sure, it can become a hot mess of hip firing and endless rolling, but you also have the opportunity to play the objective and try different builds.

Players who concentrate on just mindless killing will realize that they end up losing most of their matches by ignoring the objectives.

It will bring in a mix of all types of players and not be limited to groupie griefers that plague the DZ.

GazzaGSi

Sure, it can become a hot mess of hip firing and endless rolling, but you also have the opportunity to play the objective and try different builds.

Players who concentrate on just mindless killing will realize that they end up losing most of their matches by ignoring the objectives.

It will bring in a mix of all types of players and not be limited to groupie griefers that plague the DZ.

Oh I thought you'd played it with how positive you spoke of it. DZ PVP since 1.2 or LS PVP, there is no difference other than the so called 'balances' they've tried to introduce which basically means nerf a load of shit which also makes that nerfed shit useless in PVE.

I'll let you make your own mind up when you try it for a bit but pretty much everything above is wishful thinking from what I played.

What would help objective play is removing the PVE aspect but they seem adament to try and please all, 8v8 is fine but when it becomes 8v3 or 4 while players go farm pointless landmarks you have no chance in capturing the objectives. People aren't bothered about objectives and certainly not bothered if they lose, it's all about the kills as with alot PVP games.

The DZ is one of the best parts in the game and 7-9 are IMO the best in terms of design especially with the various levels to play through like the rooftops and UG etc but griefing/4v1 ganking can be avoided almost entirely to the point where I haven't found it a problem to solo in a long while.

The main thing they need to fix is the shitty lag. Players/NPC's teleporting back down the street or disappearing in front of you is currently at it's worst since release.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this game since day 1 (as most who are still around here in this thread), with the god roll SMG's in the early days, hours behind smart cover in 1.3 and with the core mechanics re worked in 1.4 but 1.6 is one of the biggest step backwards I've seen. It's like 1.4 was just a big ploy to win people over to shaft them all over again.

Eusis

I suspect the issues with the Survival DLC not installing right come from it being installed before the base game is fully installed, especially as part of the data seems to be part of that. I started up Survival AFTER the game finished downloading and installed, and then another piece popped up for the Division it seemed and I paused Survival to let that install, popped back into the game while Survival was downloading, and it showed it as being in the middle of installing. Hopefully this works for real, and regardless the next patch fixes it.

EDIT: Yeah, it's working, got into a game. First time owners and those jumping back in should download the game fully first, run it, THEN download Survival. And possibly run the game again when it's done re-downloading before the DLC is installed.

Mubrik

RIP EAD

WTF MASSIVE. WHAT THE FUCK!
My 58% EAD

You mean basically everyone in the DZ nowadays?... i dont think they'd care about obj. lol
i think the DZ will still be filled with players going rogue either way, with almost no pve content coming with next update it'll still be regular griefing in the dz.

Oh I thought you'd played it with how positive you spoke of it. DZ PVP since 1.2 or LS PVP, there is no difference other than the so called 'balances' they've tried to introduce which basically means nerf a load of shit which also makes that nerfed shit useless in PVE.

I'll let you make your own mind up when you try it for a bit but pretty much everything above is wishful thinking from what I played.

What would help objective play is removing the PVE aspect but they seem adament to try and please all, 8v8 is fine but when it becomes 8v3 or 4 while players go farm pointless landmarks you have no chance in capturing the objectives. People aren't bothered about objectives and certainly not bothered if they lose, it's all about the kills as with alot PVP games.

The DZ is one of the best parts in the game and 7-9 are IMO the best in terms of design especially with the various levels to play through like the rooftops and UG etc but griefing/4v1 ganking can be avoided almost entirely to the point where I haven't found it a problem to solo in a long while.

The main thing they need to fix is the shitty lag. Players/NPC's teleporting back down the street or disappearing in front of you is currently at it's worst since release.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this game since day 1 (as most who are still around here in this thread), with the god roll SMG's in the early days, hours behind smart cover in 1.3 and with the core mechanics re worked in 1.4 but 1.6 is one of the biggest step backwards I've seen. It's like 1.4 was just a big ploy to win people over to shaft them all over again.

this really, couldnt have said it any better.
who would really care about obj?? lol.
i mean just take a look at the DZ right now. DZ2 checkpoint to me is basically 'dont come here if you dont want to fight rogue players'
half dont care what you came in the DZ to do. they just want to test how badass their new min/max AB build is, so why massive didnt make last stand a full pvp only focused dlc with maybe diff modes and atleast try to reduce dz griefing is just fucking retarded imo.
and its not even coming with anything new in pve except fucking nerfs. my goodness. what are they thinking in there.

lets just hope something magical happens and last stand keeps people in that mode
if not it'll just be the same old rubbish except this time their is actuall nothing to go back to because pve is also benig ruined by this fucking armor and EAD nerf.

WTF MASSIVE. WHAT THE FUCK!
My 58% EAD

Players will have less armor in 1.6, so EAD automatically becomes less effective.

NPC's on the other hand.....

Servers have been terrible all month, crazy lag in all game modes and ubi forums are full of complaints. Ubi sharing servers with For Honor and Wildlands, don't expect Division to perform any better any time soon.

Can agree to that, 1.4 was a short term fix and seems like they are going back to 1.3 with this patch..

The biggest problem with Massive here is a lack of vision for the game, and their inability to decide on what they exactly want to do with it.

Getting opinions and feedback from players and content creators is all well and good, but this isn't a crowd funded project, they need to have a goal in mind and lay out what they want to do with the game. AND TEST EVERYTHING INTERNALLY BEFORE RELEASING IT!

Jumped on today for the first time since like... May if last year or so (life stuff, had no problems with the game) and man it's rough.

I was nearly fully Gold geared so I jumped into T2 for gear progression and man the stat tweaks must have been pretty meaningful. My DPS is ok for the tier but I'm getting absolutely chewed to shit in regular missions.

Wanted to do overworld missions first but perhaps Underground would be a better path to start on?

rpcdrag0n

Popped in to the DZ with two friends last night to do the two Rikers weekly's - got rinsed in DZ01 by a crew that was rogue/manhunt the entire time, just ambushing people as they ventured in. They were all level 99, probably had no real reason to be doing it, are just tossers.

Went in to a different place to get away from them, had a nice hour, extracted three or four times and completed the weekly.

so thats why there were 248s running around in DZ

the sawed off shotgun is giving them free talents lol

It's been there since AB was released and Massive have given it a free pass, with no intention to fix it.

Keep getting Delta C-0-1243 on PS4 since yesterday. Got in eventually but not on any char today.
Anyone have any tips?

Servers have been a laggy mess all month, will probably get worse when Ghost Recon open beta is on this weekend.

Anyone who had the Ambient Occlusion lighting issues with NVIDIA HBAO+ turned on should know that it was fixed in the last PTS build I played so come Tuesday you should be able to go back to the highest visual settings available in the game.

I played a bit of the current 1.5 version today just to get the Supply Drop and noticed that it was still broken in that version thus answering whether the fix was from NVIDIA drivers or Massive themselves as I haven't played the live version since end of January or beginning of February but have updated drivers since then.

Turns out a few Underground runs is what I needed to get the ball rolling. Once I got some good weapons I was able to grind through content. Hit GS 256, so now it's all about putting together some gear sets.

So much stuff has been added that it's hard to parde what to focus on. Everything has been fun too, so it's hard to choose. Really been enjoying survival though.

jbortz78

Turns out a few Underground runs is what I needed to get the ball rolling. Once I got some good weapons I was able to grind through content. Hit GS 256, so now it's all about putting together some gear sets.

So much stuff has been added that it's hard to parde what to focus on. Everything has been fun too, so it's hard to choose. Really been enjoying survival though.

Don't recalibrate to much gear until Tuesday 28th since many things will change come 1.6.

My stash is so full in wait for Tuesday, and I still don't know if I'm gonna go with D3 or try tactician or reclaimer or find out if alpha now sucks or not:)

Don't recalibrate to much gear until Tuesday 28th since many things will change come 1.6.

My stash is so full in wait for Tuesday, and I still don't know if I'm gonna go with D3 or try tactician or reclaimer or find out if alpha now sucks or not:)

I'm nowhere near the recalibration stage. I'm still just collecting the gear trying to get full sets at this point. Then I'm tossing it all in my stash.

Had my highest solo PVE survival game today, beat my personal best by 10 points :p

C5h4N6CU8AAIFsO.jpg:large

Minimaul

I tried Survival a few times when it first came out, but got frustrated and didn't go back. I gave it another shot this week, and spent the past few days playing it exclusively. I've gotten a few more extractions under my belt and I can do a lot better now. My best score so far is just under 10,000... I think it was like, 9,545. I'm finally starting to understand it a bit more, but I'm still not super efficient, but at least I'm getting it done.

Top Bottom