• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco Bandai X Tecmo Koei - New Musou Countdown [For PS3] (Rumor: One Piece Musou???)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reknoc

Pie and Beans said:
You could, but I think from the supposed Gear-2 teaser youre already looking at the 2nd half of the Grand Line's first half for content before you're making the biggest game ever.

Wonder if they'd make the entire crew playable (Super Franky Musou *___*) or just focus on the monster trio.

Possibly but Gear 2nd is probably Luffy's more recognisable power up, like Super Sayain Goku.

I'd be surprised if it were just the main three since a lot of playable characters seems to be Dynasty Warrior's thing.

Takao said:
I actually don't live in the US, and your profile user location is incredibly vague.
Reknoc said:
4kids did. Funimation have no hope of fixing that but they're still handling One Piece really well. The dub is fantastic and even if you don't live in America (like me) it's still easier to watch their simulcast of One Piece than it is to look for and download a competent fansub.
Sorry about that ..i was thinking on a galactic level when i registered on GAF.
ATM I'm Near america, in a european country but far away from it .
i'm blocked from funanimation and yet not considered european ( since i'm using the caribbean cable to get internet ). it's a weird place to be ....
Fun animation simulcast isn't possible for me. The'y maybe did a good job , but i couldn't have acces to it. ( And since i'm up to date with the manga, waiting for fansubs isn't an issue AT ALL )

Pie and Beans said:
Really hope its One Piece. You could make such a good game of like Luffy vs Fucking Everything from Water 7 onwards.

Water 7 - Marines, CP9 Bosses
Thriller Bark - zombies and Oz Boss.
Shabondy Park - Marines going nuts, Kuma Boss.
Amazon Island - woman beating extravaganza, Snake Sisters Boss.
Impel Down - all the gnarly prison wardens, Magellan Boss
Marineford - War of the Best, Three Admirals, Garp, Sengoku boss gauntlet.

+ Extra: Luffy vs Monster Island, or some timeskip treats.
Reknoc said:
Baroque Works - Whiskey Peak Bounty Hunters, Marines, Millions, Crocodile Boss.
Skypeia - Shandians, Monks, Priest sub bosses, Enel Boss

Could probably fit in a loose adaption of East Blue (especially Baratie and Arlong Park).
As much as i love the idea , i think the scale of One piece doesn't allow for it ( it's just so Huge , i term of locations , characters and story )
You don't know how much i wish i could fight polar bears in drums island or the big battle of alabasta . i mean One piece had some pretty BIG and epic battles ( just look at the lastest chapter ..i'm excited ).. but i'm sure they'll focus on what will happen in near future and that's the start of the New saga in anime.

I'm guessing we'll get a Original story ( like the 2 on wii ) but for the new saga

Reknoc

R_thanatos said:
Sorry about that ..i was thinking on a galactic level when i registered on GAF.
ATM I'm Near america, in a european country but far away from it .
i'm blocked from funanimation and yet not considered european ( since i'm using the caribbean cable to get internet ). it's a weird place to be ....
Fun animation simulcast isn't possible for me. The'y maybe did a good job , but i couldn't have acces to it. ( And since i'm up to date with the manga, waiting for fansubs isn't an issue AT ALL )

I'd recommend HotSpot Shield. It's what I use to watch anything on Funi's video page since it's all blocked for me as well.

R_thanatos said:
As much as i love the idea , i think the scale of One piece doesn't allow for it ( it's just so Huge , i term of locations , characters and story )
You don't know how much i wish i could fight polar bears in drums island or the big battle of alabasta . i mean One piece had some pretty BIG and epic battles ( just look at the lastest chapter ..i'm excited ).. but i'm sure they'll focus on what will happen in near future and that's the start of the New saga in anime.

I'm guessing we'll get a Original story ( like the 2 on wii ) but for the new saga

I think if any game would be able to go through the history of One Piece it'd be Dynasty Warriors. I'm not saying it'd be a perfect retelling, bits will likely be cut out but I still think it doable.

I'm so glad if it's a One Piece Musou, because I haven't paid attention to OP for years and that means that it's a musou game I can skip and thus log more time into DW:Gundam3. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom