• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Busta is a garbage rapper! Why can't more rappers (not hip-hoppers!) be like Chamillionaire and Will Smith?

See, dipshits. I will avoid that thread like the plague. I already know I'd end up banned if I wandered in there.

mubz

Banned
Pineapples Now & Laters by BJ The Chicago kid is finally out in iTunes.

awww_yeah.jpg

Mangotron

Did anyone talk about Careless World? I must've missed the leak discussion.

Probably a contender for worst album of the year, but I actually really like Muthafucka Up. Also does anyone know which tracks 40 and Luger worked on? They're credited, but not to a specific song.

Kanye first track rankings don't matter as long as We Don't Care is at the top and Dark Fantasy is at the bottom.

overcast

Trying not to get angry at hip hop would be better without cursing thread.

"RIP hip hop" line pissed me off. There is still so much great rap coming out. #ballaballa

Probably a contender for worst album of the year, but I actually really like Muthafucka Up. Also does anyone know which tracks 40 and Luger worked on? They're credited, but not to a specific song.

Kanye first track rankings don't matter as long as We Don't Care is at the top and Dark Fantasy is at the bottom.
Domino and someone else were talking about that album recently. All I remember is him saying Tyga isn't on Big Sean's level yet

I heard some Tyga interview on the radio this morning while at the barber shop. Apparently his name stands for "Thank You God Always".

silly rappers and their acronyms!

saw that thread, and then saw a "this is hip-hop, and this is rap" post.

back button like a motherfucker.

krsone.jpg

I understand the the culture vs. music difference, but the "shit I like is hip-hop, shit I don't like is rap" distinction irks the hell out of me

edit: lol discotheque

I heard some Tyga interview on the radio this morning while at the barber shop. Apparently his name stands for "Thank You God Always".

silly rappers and their acronyms!

hahaha, nah, that fool named himself Tyga and thought it was hot as hell but came up with the acronym just in case someone said his name was weak.

Mangotron

All I remember is him saying Tyga isn't on Big Sean's level yet

I can kind of see that. Although they are essentially the same rapper. Just come up with a 1-2 word phrase and beat it to death over an instrumental and you have Tyga/Sean song.

To me what makes Sean better is that he can be complimentary on someone else's track, whereas adding Tyga ALWAYS makes a song worse.

Violin and Hip Hop is a weird combination but everytime I've heard it, it sounds so good.
I can kind of see that. Although they are essentially the same rapper. Just come up with a 1-2 word phrase and beat it to death over an instrumental and you have Tyga/Sean song.

To me what makes Sean better is that he can be complimentary on someone else's track, whereas adding Tyga ALWAYS makes a song worse.

big sean brings some funny verses every now and then too, but I'd give careless world a shot after I check out some other albums some of yall listed

I'm just going to say this...

If I go to the Drake concert with this hot chick from class and I get laid because of it. I will never speak bad about dude again.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm late to the discussion but the production on Below The Heavens is what makes it especially memorable. If you go back and listen to it, the lyrics are a pretty standard affair outside of the title track. Production clouds your judgment.

PBY

Banned

I like Tyga. Posted about the leak earlier, but noone cared :/

Macca

I actually liked Tyga's verse on the I'm On remix.

I listened to Rack City in it's entirety last night. Now that's bad.

JEKKI

If I go to the Drake concert with this hot chick from class and I get laid because of it. I will never speak bad about dude again.
fucking Drake man...

back in my days, it was all about Nelly.

andale andale mami eeya eeya UH OH~!!!

HEY! it must be the MONEY!!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well

How much $$$ is this going to run? May be best to spend it on a professional instead.

overcast

Ugh, that thread.

You know what else is awesome about Below the Heavens? It has an awesome song for ladies. First Things First is so good.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Gaf Hop 4 OT Suck my dick and die in a house fire with your entire family while bears have sex with your burning corpses you fucking cumquat dicked sheep fucking piles of baby feces smeared on a fatman's nutsack

Too friendly? We have to be angry remember.

edornob

I never saw Cudi as a deep lyricist. Not one bit but the reason I'm a fan because like Wiz - I feel their emotion pouring on the tracks, plus the hooks are catchy. I bet both parties were high as fuck though but I think that's why they sound the way they rap. If that makes sense.

njean777

There should be no argument for Section.80 being a classic. Shit was good, but it wasnt even the best album last year, and I dont consider any album from last year a classic. Oneirology was probably the closest thing to one though.

Section 80 was the best album I have heard in quite awhile from any rapper, even better then Kanye's last record and I am a Kanye stan. Section 80 was my favorite from last year and I expect his new album to be my favorite this year, as long as he stays in his sub-genre and does not try to go all swag garbage rap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom