• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Demo Impressions [Online Open To All]

JambiBum

So basically set up a new Hotmail account?

Yeah. New hotmail, use it for windows live id, then sign up for expertzone and use walmart as your employer. I was going to make a dummy account for everyone but I can't make anymore live id's. They have some weird system that stops you from making so many in a certain time frame.

Yeah. New hotmail, use it for windows live id, then sign up for expertzone and use walmart as your employer. I was going to make a dummy account for everyone but I can't make anymore live id's. They have some weird system that stops you from making so many in a certain time frame.

"We're unable to complete your request

Windows Live ID is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later."

Oh you gotta be shitting me.

pahamrick

Just to let folks know, who are going through the trouble of signing up -- walmart employees seem to be excluded from the beta offer.

JambiBum

What did you list your position as? Retail sales?

edit:also, employee ID?

It didn't ask me for an ID. Just the store number, and phone number of the store. And customer service rep

Weird, I couldn't get a code and judging from the community section lots of others can't as well.

Maybe I lucked out, I dunno, but I have never had a problem using Walmart in the past. Maybe it's just the store I use or something.

rozay

Banned
Well, I was able to make one, and I'll see if I can get a code. If I do, how do we go about dummy account sharing? Can you just leave your xbox offline and play the demo?

It didn't ask me for an ID. Just the store number, and phone number of the store. And customer service rep

Maybe I lucked out, I dunno, but I have never had a problem using Walmart in the past. Maybe it's just the store I use or something.

What did you put down for your shipping address? I don't want to put my real one down...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
For anyone that doesn't want to wait. Go to expertzone.microsoft.com and create an account. When selecting your employer, select walmart and enter a random store's info. Walmart doesn't require the verification process. Take the mass effect quiz on the homepage and then you get a code.

Ahhh this still works? I did this for the Gears beta, I'll try it here. Is there a limit to the gamertags you can make? I might be able to make another so I'll do a dummy account if so.

Papercuts

Well, I was able to make one, and I'll see if I can get a code. If I do, how do we go about dummy account sharing? Can you just leave your xbox offline and play the demo?

It's slow on the xbox, you need to allow the demo to fully download and then pass the info on. With PSN you just need to start the DL.

JambiBum

Just make a new live account, then download the demo with that account. Then delete the account from your system and give the login details to the next person. The demo will still be on your hard drive and you can play it with your main account.

What did you put down for your shipping address? I don't want to put my real one down...
Some random ass address I made up. Doesn't have to be real.

Ahhh this still works? I did this for the Gears beta, I'll try it here. Is there a limit to the gamertags you can make? I might be able to make another so I'll do a dummy account if so.

I don't know if there is a limit or not, but I know that there is a limit on live id's you can make in a certain time frame.

Gnarly charile, you have to go back to the home page where the banner was for the survey, it should say get your code now instead of training.

CyReN

aTePj.jpg

otSxv.jpg

MNphn.jpg

EgV9I.jpg

PE92Y.jpg

Looks like the same demo from the leaked version but cleaned up (obviously)

JambiBum

So once you create it, where do you go to find a code? I don't see it anywhere.

It's on the main page. There should be a banner about ME3. Click take this course, and then once you finish that go back to the home page and the banner should change to get your code.

JambiBum

Oh man. Default fem shep in the demo is the one from the trailer that was released today.

Also, since you can't bring in a character, they let you choose who you had die. Ashley, Kaiden, or your entire team from 2.

Gambit61

Bah, damn expertzone. I took the ME3 course and submitted my verification on 2/3 but I still haven't been verified. :(

rozay

Banned
Walmart works, fools. Make sure you're a retail sales associate and use IE9, I couldn't get the banner to show up in firefox.

edit:shinobi if you can't get it to work I'll use my code for a dummy account, unless Papercut's got that covered.

Papercuts

I'm on Chrome and saw the banner, but I remember it being wonky with the Gears beta for firefox.

I got a dummy made and it's downloading now, so if you don't want to bother you can wait for that.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm on Chrome and saw the banner, but I remember it being wonky with the Gears beta for firefox.

I got a dummy made and it's downloading now, so if you don't want to bother you can wait for that.

I'm down for that if it's good with you.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What? I could have sworn I saw they had individual cooldowns in a recent walkthrough. This sucks.

Its probably not as bad, or maybe there is some class talents that reduce it later. Because i heard the same thing too about making biotic classes less weapons dependant than in ME2.

JambiBum

What? I could have sworn I saw they had individual cooldowns in a recent walkthrough. This sucks.

I just spammed singularity and warp trying to figure it out. It's still in, but at least with whatever default settings the demo is on the cooldown is super short.

Also, the Adept is a lot less weapon dependent. Heavy melee is basically a biotic explosion from your hand, and singularity+warp makes a pretty powerful explosion now.

Top Bottom