• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wonderful 101 Nintendo Direct trailer

Alx

I only watched the gifs and I already enjoy it a lot... I love the animations in this game, they never fail to make me smile (from the beginning, I fell in love with the pudding and slinky moves).
Will enjoy the trailer later tonight. :)

TreIII

This was the game that sold me on the Wii U. Even Bayo2, as much as I want it, has to take second fiddle for now!

Koomaster

This looks incredibly charming and fun. I'm ready to board whatever hype train is taking off for this game. Where do I buy my ticket?!

I feel almost ashamed for only having a small bit of excitement for this game before this trailer, now I know that I should never have held any doubt in my heart, it looks absolutely bananas in the best way possible.

Nice boost in graphics! :D You can even see they added normal mapping to the characters in the close-up at the end! This actually looks close to next-gen, there's hardly a graphical flaw to me, hardly. :p

This looks better and better each time there's new information. It looks like a blast to play, and it's just so damn cute and charming.

Beth Cyra

I think Inaba would have chewed him out if he was implying that their current benefactor is treating them badly.
Well that hasn't really stopped him in the past really. Still point taken.

Honestly though at this point I'm more hyped for the Iwata Asks with Kamiya then any game on Wii U.

Neiteio

Well that hasn't really stopped him in the past really. Still point taken.

Honestly though at this point I'm more hyped for the Iwata Asks with Kamiya then any game on Wii U.
Iwata: "Kamiya-san, tell us about your role in this game."

Kamiya: "You do it."

[Iwata laughs]

Iwata: "Seriously, though--"

Kamiya: "I'll answer next week. In game magazines."

[Iwata laughs]

Kamiya: "STOP LAUGHING! FUCK OFF!"

TreIII

Iwata: "Kamiya-san, tell us about your role in this game."

Kamiya: "You do it."

[Iwata laughs]

Iwata: "Seriously, though--"

Kamiya: "I'll answer next week. In game magazines."

[Iwata laughs]

Kamiya: "STOP LAUGHING! FUCK OFF!"

Iwata: "What would you consider the most challenging aspect of making this game?"

Kamiya: "Ask your Mom."

Beth Cyra

Iwata: "What would you consider the most challenging aspect of making this game?"

Kamiya: "Ask your Mom."
While I love joking Kamiya the fact he is so frank and up front makes the idea of Iwata interviewing so awesome, it could very easily get us info about stuff we wouldn't ever know about plus bring a whole new flavor to the Asks.

Neiteio

How is this not one of everyone's most anticipated games? It really, truly, looks perfect. The bosses, the city, the action, the humor. So crisp, so colorful. GAH I WANT THIS NOW.

The hype is even greater after the amazing MGRR demo and the addictive Anarchy Reigns. I wouldn't be surprised if Bayo 2 made it out this year, as well.

2013 -- The Year of Platinum.

zroid

Banned
I love how he actually teased a Kamiya edition of Iwata Asks, just knowing how desperately we all want it.

I think I might be more excited for the Iwata Asks than the game itself.

Neiteio

I love how he actually teased a Kamiya edition of Iwata Asks, just knowing how desperately we all want it.

I think I might be more excited for the Iwata Asks than the game itself.
I didn't watch the Direct proper -- what did they say exactly about an Iwata Asks?

And HNNNNNNG my giant robots/creature feature nerd is geeking something FIERCE.

Neiteio

... In that case how you feel about X? Pretty surprised no ones in this thread, everyone must be freaking out over X still
X looks fantastic. :) Different flavor of creatures -- more dinosaurian and/or insectile, with a MonHun-style grit -- but amazing all the same.

I just prefer the creatures in TW101 -- remind me of Bayonetta angels mixed with Viewtiful Joe bosses. So much style!

The gold-and-ivory hydra being the coolest so far!

iYUiSdQjm8OlY.gif

Neiteio

Wish we had the names of the three main heroes (red guy, blue guy and green guy). The three of them would be great in Smash Bros.

Maybe they could move together like the Ice Climbers, and command other heroes like Olimar and his Pikmin?

X looks fantastic. :) Different flavor of creatures -- more dinosaurian and/or insectile, with a MonHun-style grit -- but amazing all the same.

I just prefer the creatures in TW101 -- remind me of Bayonetta angels mixed with Viewtiful Joe bosses. So much style!

The gold-and-ivory hydra being the coolest so far!

iYUiSdQjm8OlY.gif
Agreed. I love the cool looking monster designs. That metal hydra reminds me of Mecha King Ghidora kinda

Neiteio

Agreed. I love the cool looking monster designs. That metal hydra reminds me of Mecha King Ghidora kinda
YES! Mixed with a bit of Fortitudo from Bayonetta. :)

That battle looks crazy, too -- on a rooftop, on its back (?), falling through the air, on the airship, etc. Even the gorilla cyborg guy gets involved!

YES! Mixed with a bit of Fortitudo from Bayonetta. :)

That battle looks crazy, too -- on a rooftop, on its back (?), falling through the air, on the airship, etc. Even the gorilla cyborg guy gets involved!
Reminds me of SoTC expanded. Where the boss comprises a mini level all its own. (similar to goW 3's opening but looks much more complex)) That's the vibe I got from the video. I got hyped from seeing the mid air fight against the mech while your heroes used fighter jets as platforms. Game looks like its gonna have a lot of variety and seems like an excellent use of set pieces without sacrificing gameplay, something so many games this gen dropped the ball on

Neiteio

Reminds me of SoTC expanded. Where the boss comprises a mini level all its own. (similar to goW 3's opening but looks much more complex)) That's the vibe I got from the video. I got hyped from seeing the mid air fight against the mech while your heroes used fighter jets as platforms. Game looks like its gonna have a lot of variety and seems like an excellent use of set pieces without sacrificing gameplay, something so many games this gen dropped the ball on
Absolutely! And action aside, the world just looks GREAT. Like the water slide bit at the end -- I love all the details on the rooftop, like the solar arrays, the wind turbine, the air conditioners, etc.

In fact, look at any given area shown in the trailer -- every corner of the city looks unique. Lots of gleaming whites, yes, but I don't see any repeating shops or fixtures. Lots of unique stores, parks, malls, etc.

It's like a massive toy playset. Rich in detail, top to bottom. :)

Absolutely! And action aside, the world just looks GREAT. Like the water slide bit at the end -- I love all the details on the rooftop, like the solar arrays, the wind turbine, the air conditioners, etc.

In fact, look at any given area shown in the trailer -- every corner of the city looks unique. Lots of gleaming whites, yes, but I don't see any repeating shops or fixtures. Lots of unique stores, parks, malls, etc.

It's like a massive toy playset. Rich in detail, top to bottom. :)

Yes. This is precisely what I missed so much this gen, Japanese style games and unique art styles, games that are unashamed to be nothing more than expressions of pure fun. Between this and Pikmin 3, I'm elated. I hope X brings some more color to its palette as well, but I'm sure we haven't seen anything if its scale is taken into consideration.

Top Bottom