• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Giacchino posts Clip from Spider-Man Homecoming OST -> Classic Theme

ron-moved.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I think I am overhyping a bit right now, but this is literally the best piece of superhero soundtrack since Burton Batman.

Hmmmm. Not sure if I'm a big fan of the syncopation. It just sounds ever so slightly different from how I'm used to that it's a bit irksome. I imagine it'll grow on me.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Next Batman movie should contain a dark symphonic rendition of the 60s TV show theme.

Crazy how that 37 seconds sounded better than anything from the DCU so far.

Lolno

Great stuff though. His work on Doctor Strange sadly ended up feeling like he phoned it in. But this clip alone bodes really well. It better be recurring for spiderman and not some end credits crap

Giacchino's the type of guy to embrace the Spiderman theme as a motif, then make it all dramatic as things get tense. I actually am excited to see what he does.

Hmmmm. Not sure if I'm a big fan of the syncopation. It just sounds ever so slightly different from how I'm used to that it's a bit irksome. I imagine it'll grow on me.

I think the second half as presented in this video is like, basically if a comic book could have music. Hearing it made me feel like I was walking around the shitty Marvel sector at Universal lol. It has the right amount of color to it IMO.

Oersted

I don't get the hype. Its just the old theme rearranged. Nothing against that mind you, just not getting how that is a holy shit moment.

iFirez

My thought exactly.

Also, is it wrong that i still think of Giacchino as a videogame composer over anything else? Even to he has won an oscar for his movie composing?

Interesting... I think of him more of a Television composer because of LOST. But I've loved many of his cinematic film scores so in my mind he has successfully transitioned into being just that.

Randdalf

Isn't this film coming out in like, two months? Seems a bit late to be working on the scoring.

Okay calm down now, mate.

The score for Aliens was only completed in four days, and very shortly before release. A two month window is almost a luxury. Also you have to remember that a lot of scores are done after the film is very nearly finished, because the score has to be composed to match up with visual cues in the scenes.

Although generally speaking, I believe the score is mightier if it is worked on for a long time. For example, Howard Shore worked on devoloping the various themes of Lord of the Rings for quite a long time before the score was actually recorded.

One thing I'm hopeful about is how Rian Johnson is approaching The Last Jedi. Rumours have it that he is going to edit the film around John Williams' score, which based on recent Twitter teases, is already being recorded...

PSqueak

Banned
WOW

Very cool they decided on the 60's tune. Already the best MCU theme lol not that it takes much.

It would have been weird to omit it, given that Iron Man had his in the first movie and for Hulk (via the live action show theme) in one of them, don't remember which.

Then again, they didn't for Cap or Thor.

Toa TAK

Banned
It would have been weird to omit it, given that Iron Man had his in the first movie and for Hulk (via the live action show theme) in one of them, don't remember which.

Then again, they didn't for Cap or Thor.
Truth, but then again, even in the original Iron Man, there was another theme that played for him instead throughout. Then Tyler made his own in IM3 and reappeared in AoU.

Top Bottom