• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Conroy says Batman Arkham Knight coming in January

MMaRsu

Banned
Oh wow that's pretty damn sweet. It's quite a ways away but I'm really looking forward to playing this evebtually. The fact that Kevin Conroy is back for it is enough for me.

May seem ballsy to ship in such a down month, but Mass Effect 2 did well in January 2010, so wallets aren't necessarily that tight then.

On Demand

Banned
Though what would delaying it from October to January accomplish in terms of performance? If the game wasn't ready then summer or fall 2015 seems more likely.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I doubt they'd release then, after all the holiday expenses have been made.

March or May.

Or maybe folks who got brand new PS4 and XB1 systems for Christmas will be looking for a big marquee game to play with them.

I don't think latter half of January is that bad of a period at all although its certainly unusual.

KaiserBecks

May seem ballsy to ship in such a down month, but Mass Effect 2 did well in January 2010, so wallets aren't necessarily that tight then.

Plenty of returns, gift vouchers etc. Not to mention people wanting to buy games for the console they got for christmas. January is underrated.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I know there are metrics but i don't believe in the people won't spend money in January thing. People will open their wallets if its something they really want.

Also, if no one else releases anything in January? Like someone else pointed out...Mass Effect?

January is a great month to release imo. I'm always jonesing for stuff then even though the Holiday backlog is huge at that time.

We got titles like Bayonetta, RE4 and Mass Effect 2 in January, to name a few.

#JanuAAAry

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Would be great timing. I was expecting March or April. Three major games for me in Jan/Feb would be fantastic.

Compbros

Does WB put out marquee games within the same release window? If they do I can see Arkham Knight releasing in late-March, if they don't then Jan/Feb sounds about right since Mortal Kombat X will probably release in April.

Dabanton

Nice. Should mean I'll be well into when the Witcher 3 lands in Feb. And it avoids A TW3,Batman and the Order faceoff.

What chance a december release?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, with every game skipping 2014 and going directly to 2015, I could see games going for a "slow month" release date, instead of having a $1000-a-month fall 2015 season.

Gives me time to beat it before The Witcher 3. Fantastic news.

Didn't he leak that the game was coming in the first place? Before origins?

5vtqZmh.jpg

Top Bottom