• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed 4 runs at 1080p@60fps on the PS4 [DF: Nope...]

Really?

The multiplayer of Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag was playable on the showfloor. Thus we captured some gameplay videos. Note that the game was running on PS4 in 1080p and 60 frames per second.

Ah, ok.

Yeah thats good. to be honest, I thought the SP reveal at the Sony conference looked good. I am happy enough with what they have achieved, and WD looked about as good as the reveal demo I thought, though with more aliasing.

Acheteedo

It looks like up-res'd current gen so I should hope so :p

Can't wait until DF gets a PS4 vs Xbone comparison, I guess we'll have to wait for that.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Really? The Killzone Shadowfall footage ran on 60 fps too.
As per BlimBlim it was 60 with dips in some parts, and hovering around 20 in others. It obviously will be locked before launch, and going by E3 interviews 30 is still the target.

Still, I wouldn't say no for double that.

Bradach

i'm hearing a lot of good noises regarding 60fps on the next gen consoles. I was sure they'd just amp up the graphics until it ran at a wobbly 30fps. I'm glad that seems to not be the case. I might actually consider some multiplats on console this gen (rather than PC)

TheExodu5

Banned
If that's truly the case I may actually consider some PS4 game purchases over the PC version just because I can resell the PS4 version afterwards.

Espada

Wow, I'm liking this slew of 60fps titles, and at 1080p no less. That's pretty surprising to me since I was expecting sub-1080p graphics at 30 frames per second.

SJRB

Gold Member
I love how, finally, next-gen game trailers are now uploaded in 1080p as well.

Greatness awaits, indeed.

The Lamp

Might just pick up the PS4 version then. I have a nice PC, but with the ability to sell this game if I ever feel like it, the PS4 version might be more valuable to me.

Luigiv

Glad 1080p is the norm nextgen, surprised AC4 is 60fps. Such a stepup from current 720p@30fps.

It's not really surprising. The game would run 1080p 60 on a similarly powered PC just as easily and that's with a much larger OS overhead too. It's a current gen game at heart.

kewlmyc

I soooooooooo want to be excited for this game, but I'm afraid of what to expect after the disapointment of III (and to lesser extent Revalations).

I might get this for the PS4 along with Watch Dogs and Killzone (still not sure on this, 30fps is kind of a dealbreaker).

i'm hearing a lot of good noises regarding 60fps on the next gen consoles. I was sure they'd just amp up the graphics until it ran at a wobbly 30fps. I'm glad that seems to not be the case. I might actually consider some multiplats on console this gen (rather than PC)

Wait till next gen versions are the only ones being developed. Not just ports of current gen games.

sTeLioSco

Banned
honestly i would like 30 fps for this kind of game. just put more detail and let 60fps for shooters/racers/fighters/sports....

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's not really surprising. The game would run 1080p 60 on a similarly powered PC just as easily and that's with a much larger OS overhead too. It's a current gen game at heart.

You've not played AssCreed 3 on the PC, have you? :p

Business

200fps via cloud

ibuTFrcq4HjNBQ.gif

Midou

So does anyone know if the PS4/XB1 versions are like when you run a current-gen Ass Creed on PC, or if they actually have differences? Like the vegetation in AC4 PS4 demo looked really dense and the seamless transition from boat to land was more than AC3 seemed capable of doing.

If there are any differences I hope the PC one is based off next-gen versions.

kanuuna

I can't say I was blown away by the demo they showed, and it definitely didn't sway my interest one or the other way after the mild disappointment that was AC3.

Might still have to pick it up and give the franchise another chance if I get a PS4 at launch.
The vegetation in the demo looked nice though.

Dinda

Good, for some reason that is pretty much the first time i'm at least a bit interested in an AC Game. I like Pirates.

Top Bottom