• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption map ported to Grand Theft Auto V PC

Ash735

Hi folks, in the latest rounds of GTA modding news a team have revealed that they have ported the map from the Xbox 360 version of Red Dead Redemption over to the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V. This mod has been two years in the making and the .White Team, as they call themselves, have shown off a couple of teaser screenshots and revealed that a teaser trailer is coming soon. The mod is set to release its first BETA this coming Summer. More details can be found HERE.

HKiuOId.png

YTZlUrH.jpg

oYrUmRc.png

TRAILER:
https://youtu.be/_V7uZ-XieKs

Here is an FAQ the team posted up too:
Q: What is 'Red Dead Redemption V'
A: Red Dead Redemption V, or 'RDRV', is a modification for Grand Theft Auto V. Our goal is to bring you the full map with additional content which will be unveiled later on.

Q: What is '.White'
.White ("dot white") is the brains behind it all. It's a toolkit which offers support for multiple Rage based Games, however, we are currently primarily focussed on Red Dead Redemption support for all of the 'Xenon' resources. As for the reasoning of the '.white' name, we'll let you figure that out yourselves:) Here are 1 2 3 teasers from our Model Viewer.

Q: Will there be Multiplayer?
A: We will make the map available for use in FiveM\FiveReborn and similar third party online clients. We do not condone the use of this mod in GTA Online.

Q: Can I help develop this mod?
A: Sure! We are always open to expand our team. We are mostly looking for programmers who are able to help us reverse engineer the file formats. We are also looking for scripters who are able to remake any of the game's original content over to GTAV, think minigames and certain mechanics such as Dead Eye Targeting. If you have experience creating normal, specular and height maps, you are also welcome.
When possible, we will also need converters for Vehicles, characters and animals.

Q: How far is the mod in development?
A: The framework is all there, we are constantly finetuning the methods we use to convert the game. .White aims to get as close to the original as possible. Out of all the other Rage games released before GTA5, RDR is the toughest one to crack, so please be patient.

Q: When can we expect a release?
A: We aim to bring you the first beta sometime this Summer. Stay tuned for the exact date!

Q: Can we expect any improvements over the original game?
A: Mainly only graphical improvements. Other than that, we are using all the shaders that are made available to us. We are remaking a large portion of the normal maps as they are half the size on the consoles. We will also be adding Parallax Occlusion Mapping and Tessaslation where applicable.

Q: Are you converting the Xbox 360 or PS3 version of the game?
A: Xbox 360.

Q: What's the download size of this mod?
A; Aproximately 2GB.

Q: When can we expect more screenshots and a trailer?
A: As soon as possible! We want to make sure to have everything in place without missing portions of the map before showing it off.

C&D for distributing copyrighted material in 3..... 2.....

It'd be different if RDR was a PC game and the mod required an installation of GTA and RDR, but they're porting over the console version to the PC. Ain't goin' fly.

scitek

It'd be different if RDR was a PC game and the mod required an installation of GTA and RDR, but they're porting over the console version to the PC. Ain't goin' fly.

Yeah just like that Sonic Unleashed mod for Sonic Generations.

UrbanRats

I don't like map imports into GTA usually, because the graphic gap is way too severe, but this might actually be really cool.

If rockstar was smart they would buy this from them and sell it as DLC for all platforms lol

R* Wouldn't need to "buy" shit, lol.
I don't think R*'s programmers are unable to understand how this was made.

RdN

Damn.. That's crazy! Can't even imagine the amount of work to get something like that up and running.

Seik

Banned
Finally, Red Dead Redemption's world on something that can show it better than 720p!

Legit curious to see more.

It's bloody mind blowing what talent people have for modding. I don't think I'll ever stop loving the modding community and their dedication to what they love.

Maxey

Console peasants ain't even got RDR II and we PC Master Race are already going for V. Amazing.

/s obviously

Should've called it "Grand Theft Redemption" because RDRV just sounds like the fifth RDR game, obviously.
Will be pretty consfusing once the real RDR5 comes out and people try to search for this mod in the future.

ultrazilla

I swear I want to scream to the heavens when mod teams do this. Rockstar has probably already sent cease and desist letters shortly after this made the "news" today.

For the billionth time mod dev teams-if you are using someone else's I.P.(a hugely profitable one for Take 2 and Rockstar) for mods-KEEP YO DAMN MOUTHS SHUT UNTIL YOU'RE DONE!!!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i don't understand the point. i know some people do stuff like this just to see if it's possible but why would you want to play in the map? we can't do quests or ride horses right? driving/flying around it wouldn't be fun. the map was designed for travel on foot/horse.

oatmeal

Banned
i don't understand the point. i know some people do stuff like this just to see if it's possible but why would you want to play in the map? we can't do quests or ride horses right? driving/flying around it wouldn't be fun. the map was designed for travel on foot/horse.

Some people love the map in RDR and to see it upgraded with better tech will be fun for people to fuck around with.

With mods, you can be an animal from GTA. You could explore the map as a dog or even a flying whale.

Top Bottom