• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX (2012) to get a head-to-head multiplayer update?

Bgamer90

Banned
These pictures were posted on the SSX twitter account:

AzUVO-VCAAASV3U.jpg

AzUVYzQCcAAL89F.jpg

Notice the ranking graphic to the right? Could we be getting real time online multiplayer in an update?

Hmmmm, I decided to hold out for a PC release but it's pretty clear it's not happening by now...

Would it still be worth it to pick up on PS3, or would I be better off waiting for the price to drop considerably at this point, what with not many still playing online?

ubercheez

Nice. I just picked this game back up a few days ago. It would be really cool if this was a free patch, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

canedaddy

I wouldn't have ignored the game, had it included splitscreen 2 player/co-op. SSX didn't so....

Was hoping that's what this announcement would be...

:(
Same here. I have it on my trade-in pile... I gave it a try but it's just not the same without 2 player offline.

akaoni

Banned
Will consider buying it again. Did they ever fix the issue with spinning-speed using the classic controls?

Wow, this game is slowly turning into the previous SSX games. Nice! I will probably still pass since my main gripes were the controls and handling and also the lack of character customization.

P.S. SSX3 HD Please EA!

btkadams

this is good news! the biggest issue for me was splitscreen though (besides the PIIIITS). this is because asynchronous online was essentially competing with people anyways, without voip.

Bleepey

Any chance this update will be free? The cynic in me thinks EA did this just to sell it as DLC and split screen is relatively quick and easy to implement.

Everdred

I hope they sell some kind of "GOTY" type thing. I no longer own the game but this would be worth it to get back with all the DLC too.

PSYGN

Oh wow, so they didn't even have true multiplayer online? My interest was lost when no local splitscreen was announced. Poor guys must've had a tiny budget or a small window for development. Better late than never, I suppose!

Bgamer90

Banned
Oh wow, so they didn't even have true multiplayer online? My interest was lost when no local splitscreen was announced. Poor guys must've had a tiny budget or a small window for development. Better late than never, I suppose!

The current online multiplayer was fine IMO. Very addictive... don't need to have your friends online to compete against them online.

It wasn't due to a tiny budget, it was just their decision not to put it in. They felt that competitive leaderboards was better since you didn't have to worry about lag or a player bumping into you and thus messing up your score or time.

I agree with others though that feel that both should have been in the game from the beginning.

Top Bottom