• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swag

here's a little exercise for you.
Here's a little exercise for you:

1. Run Adjacent to someone
2. Don't run in front of someone
3. If you run in front of someone, make sure not to do it again 12 seconds later

Added bonus is you can do it in game, for extra fun.

Sibylus

Banned
Worth noting is that the shackle doesn't seem to latch in a flat straight line, I've noticed there's a little wiggle room where you can get off-angle shackles to latch (I'm gonna guess 7-10 degrees). Though that could arguably be caused by a shackle latching before it hits the target, and the 2nd target moving slightly out of line by the time the shackle hits.

Sibylus

Banned
I didn't really understand the game after about 15 minutes of play. Uninstalled lol.

Thanks anyways Valve.
Attention spa

Watch some games before trying your hand at playing? Recorded competions would be a good start, given there's talk about what goes on.

Nabs

I did the same thing.

iuWP7UFqnIcMG.gif

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Wow, so many analpained wannabe DOTA PROZ hating on the more successful game.

Shocker.

P.S. Half the players in here are baddiez.

Deadly

Wow, so many analpained wannabe DOTA PROZ hating on the more successful game.

Shocker.

P.S. Half the players in here are terrible.
We can't exactly say whether dota2 is successful or not yet as it's not even fully released yet but we can definitely say it's more sophisticated.

And nobody is arguing that half the people here are terrible.

Card Boy

Banned
I sold off my HoN account for $50 and I upgraded to Tribes Ascend. I'm currently in the process of selling my LoL account. No need for them when there is DOTA2.

I'm on a DOTA2 hiatus, I'm currently going through my backlog at the moment. Currently playing modded Fallout NV, Space Marine, AC Revelations & Metro 2033. I want to clear them off as i started them by sort of stopped playing them when i got the DOTA2 beta.

Luthos

What are some good streamers? I enjoy watching Purge.

I don't have it yet, but I'm trying to learn some things. I played the original Dota way back when for a very brief time, but didn't understand much of anything.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

I don't have it yet, but I'm trying to learn some things. I played the original Dota way back when for a very brief time, but didn't understand much of anything.

Procarbine is the best streamer I know.

Hylian7

I didn't really understand the game after about 15 minutes of play. Uninstalled lol.

Thanks anyways Valve.

Dota isn't a game you learn in 15 minutes. It takes practice to understand it, but it's fun as hell once you do. I'm sure people in here would be willing to help you out sometime.

Guesong

SingSing
Dendi
Mania
syndereN

Dendi and Mania streams are mostly them playing with music, barely any commentary but you're gonna see great plays there.

SingSing, while being my favorite streamer, may or may not give insight about why he do such and such things, depending on how he feels and if he's playing alone or not. Also prone to go for troll/weird item builds that you should not follow sometimes.

syndereN often talks about game his logic when he's streaming, so that's another good one.

You can find all streams at streamdota2.com. If you use Chrome, you can even download a little extension as to directly go to a stream whenever it's up.

Luthos

SingSing
Dendi
Mania
syndereN

Dendi and Mania streams are mostly them playing with music, barely any commentary but you're gonna see great plays there.

SingSing, while being my favorite streamer, may or may not give insight about why he do such and such things, depending on how he feels and if he's playing alone or not. Also prone to go for troll/weird item builds that you should not follow sometimes.

syndereN often talks about game his logic when he's streaming, so that's another good one.

You can find all streams at streamdota2.com. If you use Chrome, you can even download a little extension as to directly go to a stream whenever it's up.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

injurai

Banned
Dota isn't a game you learn in 15 minutes. It takes practice to understand it, but it's fun as hell once you do. I'm sure people in here would be willing to help you out sometime.

Totally agree, it is easily the most rewarding game once you start understanding all the ins and outs.

Finalow

dunno that right click deny worked only for one game. meh =|
btw are there some video from pro players where you can see them playing with all heroes (or most of them)? I would love to see Anti-Mage or Sniper.

btw are there some video from pro players where you can see them playing with all heroes (or most of them)? I would love to see Anti-Mage or Sniper.

I think you have to reload your autoexec.cfg (or whatever file you put that setting in) every game unfortunately.

JustinBB7

works fine for me, I think I read that only happens when you have a lot of other scrips in your auto. I only have 3 commands and right click deny worked every match for me.

Finalow

works fine for me, I think I read that only happens when you have a lot of other scrips in your auto. I only have 3 commands and right click deny worked every match for me.
I have only right click deny and names over heroes (and it doesn't work) so it's not that.
if I have to do like slidewinder said no thx then.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Stream seems to be having some issues tonight, I messed with some settings and threw it back up, might be better now.

EDIT: BACK UP

Hylian7

I played Pudge today for the first time since the Outworld Destroyer update....I really hate how they changed his hooks. It is nice to have the range finder, but it will force me to change a lot of my habits unfortunately.

It used to be where if you click somewhere that's out of range of the hook, the hook goes in that direction from where Pudge is standing anyway. Now, if you click somewhere out of hook range, Pudge WALKS TO BE IN RANGE THEN HOOKS! If someone is walking toward hook range, I always clicked on the hero so I made sure I lined it up properly, now this kind of screws that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom