• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If Gabe showed up on stage at the end of the show the whole of GAF would shut down before he even had a chance to open his mouth. We'd all know what was happening...

Given GAF's performance during a rather run of the mill Nintendo Direct, I think this place would collapse from a Genji 3 announcement.

Dinjooh

Finished up covers for the four 1st party exclusives announced so far:

driveclubccj71.png
knackefkvc.png
killzoneb8jbw.png
infamous02jdd.png

And all together:

Holiday 2013 can't come soon enough.

Gadirok

Man I couldn't be less interested bout Destiny if I tried :(

I agree, but I assume its appealing to someone here.

I kept it to myself but I was really bummed that they closed the conference with Destiny. Thought it would have been better off at MS's conference but thats just me. I know everything out there won't appeal to me and its selfish to think otherwise but meh.

The only FPS I truly enjoyed recently was Resistance 3 and the series is dead. The unique weapons they brought in the game made that fun. So many ways to kill chimeras rather than using the typical gun. Insomniac forced you to try the new creative guns instead of going for Carbine.

In fact they were this close to removing Carbine from 3, yet they didn't because it became a staple weapon like the Bullseye. It brought all the good of Resistance 1 and the fun of creative weapons from Ratchet and Clank.

Killzone is alright for the MP, but...

B.O.O.M

Not to get your hopes down but given the recent Ascension I don't think a new God of War is likely for atleast another 3 years.

Hey, when does everyone expect the return of Ratchet and Clank, Littlebigplanet 3, Twisted Metal (it'll happen...), and Uncharted?

I'm guessing another Ratchet for 2015
LBP 3 2015 or Early 2016
Twisted Metal 2017
Uncharted Late 2014 or Late 2015

Pretty sure some ips like Socom, Wipeout, Resistance, and Jak&Dax won't be returning or may show up very late in the generation. A damn shame too since each of them were incredible.

Yea R&C will be for 2015 to go with the movie
LBP will be in early 2015
TM...not for a long time. I'm thinking again towards the end of the gen
Uncharted will be for fall next year..

@Dinjooh: Good work ;) Especially like the Second Son one

StuBurns

Banned
If Gabe showed up on stage at the end of the show the whole of GAF would shut down before he even had a chance to open his mouth. We'd all know what was happening...
"And we've ported EP1 in-house, so you can do the elevator bit at more than ten frames per second"
Mic crashes.

"And we've ported EP1 in-house, so you can do the elevator bit at more than ten frames per second"
Mic crashes.

Haha, yep. Playing Half Life on consoles is blasphemy anyway IMO, but the announcement itself would still be amazing as Sony would only ever manage a console exclusive at best. My PC is ready for Source 2.

Pistolero

Not specifically related to the conference, but given how much money Microsoft is willing to throw around gathering exclusives, Sony would be wise to pursue its policy of enlarging its worldwide studios. I say they'd better make Ready At Dawn part of the team, initially, before going after Quantic Dreams next. They'd also gain tremendously from strenghtening their japanese branch (the weakest of the three)...

Kyoufu

GAF shuts down during shitty Nintendo Directs, so don't expect this place to be up during E3.

Gadirok

GAF shuts down during shitty Nintendo Directs, so don't expect this place to be up during E3.

Hell, it was barely up for the Feb 20th conference for me.

That stream was terrible from my computer too. Was very choppy but I was happy I had a friend on steam and we were discussing tid bits as we went.

Had to switch streams a few times.

B.O.O.M

Not specifically related to the conference, but given how much money Microsoft is willing to throw around gathering exclusives, Sony would be wise to pursue its policy of enlarging its worldwide studios. I say they'd better make Ready At Dawn part of the team, initially, before going after Quantic Dreams next. They'd also gain tremendously from strenghtening their japanese branch (the weakest of the three)...

I think QD and R@D will both join sony eventually. But for now I think their first party strength is fine as it is. With some good second party support + few 3rd party exclusives and they are set

I think they understand their SCEJ has been a weak link performance wise. New leadership is doing some good work tho it seems. We should get a better idea around TGS.

Gadirok

B-b-but what if you don't have an internet connection!

Well I don't expect people to be picking up PS4s without atleast one game, lol.

Usually the larger scale sony exclusives come packaged with a ton of demos in the disk. Like most recently GoW:A, or my copy of Resistance 3.

Domino792

Some people have pointed out that in the previews of The Last of Us that you can see some things set to October 2013 and one point showing October 17, 2013. Could be teasing something upcoming maybe their next game or something about the PS4 or nothing but it seems like a tease lol.

Two of the pictures people found

Edit: The dates pertain to the story. There goes that lol

Gadirok

I think QD and R@D will both join sony eventually. But for now I think their first party strength is fine as it is. With some good second party support + few 3rd party exclusives and they are set

I think they understand their SCEJ has been a weak link performance wise. New leadership is doing some good work tho it seems. We should get a better idea around TGS.

I don't know about R@D, because they had some numerous terminations/firing sprees to retain their independence. Not sure what that meant, but I'm guessing some employees were in favor of Sony taking over and got the boot for trying something stupid.

I mean it seemed acceptable given their work on Dax, and God of War.

Gadirok

Some people have pointed out that in the previews of The Last of Us that you can see some things set to October 2013 and one point showing October 17, 2013. Could be teasing something upcoming maybe their next game or something about the PS4 or nothing but it seems like a tease lol.

Two of the pictures people found

That turned out to be the day the apocalypse takes place in the Last of Us.

Sad, because some people never got to enjoy their PS4s :(

You know what? I'm expecting Joel to find some house with a PS4 in all its glory lieing there since its being released post E3.

B.O.O.M

I don't know about R@D, because they had some numerous terminations/firing sprees to retain their independence. Not sure what that meant, but I'm guessing some employees were in favor of Sony taking over and got the boot for trying something stupid.

I mean it seemed acceptable given their work on Dax, and God of War.

Yeah but I think it also might be because Sony hasn't really gone after it yet. If their next game becomes a success I can see Sony trying to get them with some sweet deals..an offer they can't refuse buhahhaha

But yea QD is definitely coming on board before them..I can't see Beyond NOT doing well

Speaking of which where did the R@D exclusive talk start from? I thought they wanted to do a multiplat console game after Ghost of Sparta?

Gadirok

Yeah but I think it also might be because Sony hasn't really gone after it yet. If their next game becomes a success I can see Sony trying to get them with some sweet deals..an offer they can't refuse buhahhaha

But yea QD is definitely coming on board before them..I can't see Beyond NOT doing well

Speaking of which where did the R@D exclusive talk start from? I thought they wanted to do a multiplat console game after Ghost of Sparta?

The only big news I remember of R@D was when they turned in their PSP dev kits after Chains of Olympus. Wanted to move away from the PSP at the time to focus on multiplat console development. Then they apparently received them again and did another God of War game in Ghost of Sparta.

I also recall the mass firings earlier on in the gen, to ensure their status as a private/independent studio.

They seemed really shady overall except in the God of War Directors live Meeting documentary where all 5 directors of the God of War series came together for a live QA. That was the only time I really saw R@D and how they worked. Seemed to have gone through alot of previous assets in the God of War series to come up with their own things and get the understanding of the series but I assume all outsourcing works like that.

It's just an assumption right now. But we know that they're working on a title for only one console. Their co-founder was in one of Sony's video reels at the PS Meeting, and he's since praised them in another interview. So many feel that it's pointing toward their game being a PS4 exclusive. What we also learned from that interview is that there's a good chance that the game won't show up at E3. So we probably shouldn't expect to see it any time soon.

Gadirok

It's just an assumption right now. But we know that they're working on a title for only one console. Their co-founder was in one of Sony's video reels at the PS Meeting, and he's since praised them in another interview. So many feel that it's pointing toward their game being a PS4 exclusive. What we also learned from that interview is that there's a good chance that the game won't show up at E3. So we probably shouldn't expect to see it any time soon.

What happened to Snake Pony? :(

farisr

For people saying that Naughty Dog's new game won't be present in trailer or presentation form at Sony's E3 conference and will debut at VGAs instead, I'd agree if it was a ps3 game or their second ps4 game, but this is not a typical case.

I honestly think we're at the least going to get a trailer for the game. This isn't a regular E3. This is a pre-console launch e3 conference where sony needs to sell people on the console with the prospective games coming out for the ps4. Doesn't matter if Naughty Dog's other game hasn't released yet, as long as it is different people won't care. The ones who were going to buy The Last Of Us will still buy it, the ones who weren't may have a new game to look forward to.

So yeah, this is my prediction:

ND's PS4 game trailer at Sony's E3 Press Conference.
At the VGA's the first gameplay reveal/small playthrough.

Gadirok

For people saying that Naughty Dog's new game won't be present in trailer or presentation form at Sony's E3 conference and will debut at VGAs instead, I'd agree if it was a ps3 game or their second ps4 game, but this is not a typical case.

I honestly think we're at the least going to get a trailer for the game. This isn't a regular E3. This is a pre-console launch e3 conference where sony needs to sell people on the console with the prospective games coming out for the ps4. Doesn't matter if Naughty Dog's other game hasn't released yet, as long as it is different people won't care. The ones who were going to buy The Last Of Us will still buy it, the ones who weren't may have a new game to look forward to.

So yeah, this is my prediction:

ND's PS4 game trailer at Sony's E3 Press Conference.
At the VGA's the first gameplay reveal/small playthrough.

It's possible, given how far along The Last of Us was coming straight off the heat of U3 at VGA 2011, but I think its more likely that we see a trailer at VGA 2013, and then the whole internet explodes.

I can imagine the unveil. Just starting to play Nate's theme with a black screen, and then Drake shows up.

Or they could do a Twisted Metal reveal, that was phenomenal.

I've been meaning to ask but I figured I already know the answer - everyone rocking ONLY ON XBOX stamps are obv. Xbox fans waiting for the conference? I did a shoddy ONLY ON PLAYSTATION one on mine :p

I've been meaning to ask but I figured I already know the answer - everyone rocking ONLY ON XBOX stamps are obv. Xbox fans waiting for the conference? I did a shoddy ONLY ON PLAYSTATION one on mine :p

Just a laugh really in build up to the event. Yes I'm a Xbox fan and a Playstation fan, I'm giving Nintendo the pissed off treatment at the moment.

I doubt Sony will go with the same clear case for their boxes, because at that point on first glance (which if you've taken a marketing/advertising class you know it's important) there is very little to differentiate it from PS3 cases. They'll definitely use a different color for the case. A smokey black would be nice.

farisr

It's possible, given how far along The Last of Us was coming straight off the heat of U3 at VGA 2011, but I think its more likely that we see a trailer at VGA 2013, and then the whole internet explodes.

I can imagine the unveil. Just starting to play Nate's theme with a black screen, and then Drake shows up.

Or they could do a Twisted Metal reveal, that was phenomenal.

VGA is honestly too late for the internet to explode, especially for the crowd that buys the consoles at launch. Sony needs to get people hyped up for the console before the nextbox and ps4 are out so they end up buying a ps4 instead of a nextbox.

What'll happen with a vga reveal is:

internet explodes, a good chunk of it is like "aww why did I buy the nextbox when this game looks far more interesting to me than these other games coming out for it, oh well, guess I'll have to miss out on it for a while until I buy a ps4 next which won't be anytime soon"

Rather than have that, sony would want the internet to explode and have that chunk that were leaning towards xbox but could get pushed over go "holy crap, hell yeah, I want to buy the ps4 over the nextbox now" and do so.

Yes, I know the ps4 will be sold out for a good while after launch regardless, but these people who could go either way buying one at launch is really important. The sony fans are going to buy it regardless, getting this crowd to buy it is going to be directly related to how successful they are overall.

Dinjooh

I doubt Sony will go with the same clear case for their boxes, because at that point on first glance (which if you've taken a marketing/advertising class you know it's important) there is very little to differentiate it from PS3 cases. They'll definitely use a different color for the case. A smokey black would be nice.

Could work with a black/dark case.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
It would be incredible if Sony got Steam on PS4 w/ Big Picture mode. Complete with PS4/PC cross buys.
360 and PS3 are already better than Big Picture Mode. Keep that shit away from the consoles.
Imagining that their next-gen system UI doesn't trump BPM is ludicrous.

I'm a fan of games and it's a next-gen console reveal. Adding "ONLY ON PLAYSTATION" is like putting Ballmer on your avatar in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom