• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom @ ComicCon: "You saved my job so I'm going to troll everyone" (SFIII Online)

Zapages

duckroll said:
Yesterday's announcement was 4 new Marvel vs Capcom 3 characters. Today's announcement is 6 hours away from now.

Cool. Thanks for the heads up. :) I was away all day yesterday

AAK

Good God, someone should just make a thread calling it the official Capcom Twitter thread of announcement of announcement excruciation.

TreIII

fubarduck said:
According to what Ono said at Evo, the big announcement isn't until Saturday. Maybe he was totally lying though!

Well, there's always the chance that Inafune could just go over his head and announce the game for him this afternoon. But in any case, Inafune's panel is this afternoon, so we should at least get more information about MMU today.

yurinka

let's hope this time is the new Strider (I won't bet on it), and not just the SSFIV arcade/pc/dlc update.

I think the Namco vs Capcom + Capcom vs Namco can be true.

TheOGB

Banned
Well, there's always the chance that Inafune could just go over his head and announce the game for him this afternoon.
I'm fairly certain Inafune's and Ono's announcements are two different things.

robor

TreIII said:
Well, there's always the chance that Inafune could just go over his head and announce the game for him this afternoon. But in any case, Inafune's panel is this afternoon, so we should at least get more information about MMU today.

Oh cool, that's good to hear. I'm actually a little more excited for this than Ono's announcement, purely because I can't tell what MMU is going to look like......at all. That teaser trailer really has me confuzzled.

TreIII

TheOGB said:
I'm fairly certain Inafune's and Ono's announcements are two different things.

They are two different things. But again, as Inafune is the head of Capcom's R&D, he pretty much could do whatever he wants, if he really wants to or the "need" arises.

Any way, I have come to accept the reality that is Namco vs. Capcom. It's not my first choice, but everything that I've been hearing seems to point that way. Now, whether the "duo" concept comes to life or not will be something that remains to be seen.

I mean, for all we know, they could be basing such a game off of the "Gundam Vs." formula, and throwing us all for a loop! Sadly, that would likely be the only way we'll get a "Gundam vs." style game over here... :lol

duckroll

Please note that once again today's Capcom Euro tweet says "announcement" but it stops short of saying "new title will be announced" so it could well be that Inafune is officially unveiling Mega Man Universe at the panel today with solid details, and possibly announcing some other shit like DLC or even more characters in MvC3 or whatever. That sort of information would count as "announcements" too.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
duckroll said:
Please note that once again today's Capcom Euro tweet says "announcement" but it stops short of saying "new title will be announced" so it could well be that Inafune is officially unveiling Mega Man Universe at the panel today with solid details, and possibly announcing some other shit like DLC or even more characters in MvC3 or whatever. That sort of information would count as "announcements" too.

Hype = Zero for now. There is many tweeter announcement that have been so disappointing. I am more hype for Ono's announcement if it is not tekken vs street fighter. :lol

GrayFoxPL

NEWS from SRK!

The above Shoryuken link was deleted. Here's what was posted:

Comic-Con details now made public ( Spoiler warning! )

All Comic-Con Gaming news:

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions to show off Final Spider-Man. (not yet clear on specifics, all access is currently strictly knowledge to Marvel/Activision employees.)

New X-Men "First Class" game and Captain America Game to be revealed.

Arcade Update announcement of Super Street Fighter IV to include 7 additional characters. Footage of "Alex" and "Rolento" is shown off.

Footage of New Darkstalkers Game featuring demonstration of 2 new characters whom are a white-haired teen witch girl and a harpy.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 to show off new characters Trish, Dr. Doom, Chun-Li and Super Skrull with playable demo.

DC to announce new Green Lantern game, Game highlight is 3 different Green Lantern characters with 3 different gameplay styles.

Early Tekken 7 footage to be shown with only one new character shown, resembling a Yakuza-like female that has facial scars resembling that of kakihara from "Ichi the killer".

All Comic-Con Non-Gaming:

New footage/trailer from upcoming Thor movie to be showcased.

"Special Movie" trailer for new Marvel IP to be shown off afterwards. (not yet clear on specifics, all access is currently strictly knowledge to Marvel employees)

This is absolutely everything of any importance, there is nothing else there, I can contest to this. Images and further Details will be provided.

Someone reposted a deleted post in the www.eventhubs.com comments section.

If a post like this gets deleted on the forum it means it's 99% true!

Same thing went with SFIV and SSFIV.

robor

.......................I'm just gonna ignore this for now. I do not want to die for something that could be 1% fake.

Dascu

GrayFoxPL said:
NEWS from SRK!

Someone reposted a deleted post in the comments section.

If a post like this gets deleted on the forum it means it's 99% true!

Same thing went with SFIV and SSFIV.
Was posted in the SSFIV thread. 7 new characters seem too good to be true, plus, hasn't Ono denied a new Darkstalkers announcement at this time?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Alex,New Darkstalkers,Tekken 7?
Thats thread worthy!

AAK

A lot of MvC3 fake roster lists were deleted.

I feel the Tekken 7 thing is made up. Tekken 7 WILL be arcade first and Comic con doesn't look like some place to reveal this. AOU is the Tekken tradition now. DR, Tekken 6, Bloodline Rebellion all were revealed at AOU in japan.

Xater

Dascu said:
Was posted in the SSFIV thread. 7 new characters seem too good to be true, plus, hasn't Ono denied a new Darkstalkers announcement at this time?

I am sure he always said that it would be nice to see a new Darkstalkers. He denied the stupid Namco vs. Capcom rumor. I don#t know why people believe that crap. I am sure the new game will be Darkstalkers.

GrayFoxPL

AAK said:
A lot of MvC3 fake roster lists were deleted.

I feel the Tekken 7 thing is made up. Tekken 7 WILL be arcade first and Comic con doesn't look like some place to reveal this.

Things change. Harada annouced Tekken 7 in Madrit of all places. Pictures of Harada and Ono hanging out together fit to this perfectly. It's not crossover it's just a combo o annoucments from fighting game developers.

And btw why wouldn't he show teaser of tekken on comic con? Every Namco fighter came to consoles eventualy.

AAK

I dunno bro, just seems unlikely. It is possible of coarse, but my money is on AOU2011 for anything Tekken related.

SF DLC seems extremely plausible, but with the SRK poster including that T7 bit makes me skeptical.

Degen

Were the Trish/Doom/Chun/Skrull videos released before or after that comment was posted?

We've learned of two new characters since then and it's not even Saturday... suspicious.

GrayFoxPL

AAK said:
I dunno bro, just seems unlikely. It is possible of coarse, but my money is on AOU2011 for anything Tekken related.

SF DLC seems extremely plausible, but with the SRK poster including that T7 bit makes me skeptical.

Actually the Tekken part is the most realistic part of that rumour for me. :lol

Knowing T6 success in the arcades Namco could be making it easy way. Same engine etc. One character and early footage shown would fit the short development bill.

Xater

duckroll said:
If the leak knew everything that would be shown, why isn't Thor and Wolfthing listed for MvC3?

Those are not shown at Comic-Con Marvel was just stupid enough to put them up. If you look at any official Capcom site they don't acknowledge these two characters.

duckroll

Xater said:
Those are not shown at Comic-Con Marvel was just stupid enough to put them up. If you look at any official Capcom site they don't acknowledge these two characters.

Why would Marvel already have assets and stuff of something not meant for Comic-Con to just randomly put up on their site?

GrayFoxPL

Xater said:

Maybe it was a part of a surprise announcment later at comic con?

AAK

GrayFoxPL said:
Actually the Tekken part is the most realistic part of that rumour for me. :lol

Knowing T6 success in the arcades Namco could be making it easy way. Same engine etc. One character and early footage shown would fit the short development bill.

That would make me so happy since Tekken 6 is so massive I'd love for Namco to continue support for it.... but I doubt it :(

We'll see, either way more fighting games is always a good thing. :)

GrayFoxPL

AAK said:
That would make me so happy since Tekken 6 is so massive I'd love for Namco to continue support for it.... but I doubt it :(

We'll see, either way more fighting games is always a good thing. :)

Yeah, I mean they worked so hard to make 45+ characters all with remade and unique animations, balance them the best they could and now they would just throw everything away?
Nah. They are safe.

Beak and Wang zombies! :lol

TreIII

IntelliHeath said:
Eh, it might be more likely to be fake. :(

7 characters DLC sound too good to be real.

Well, the thread is gone, but the poster has not been banned, himself. Makes me think that they just got rid of the thread for trolling related purposes.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
TreIII said:
Well, the thread is gone, but the poster has not been banned, himself. Makes me think that they just got rid of the thread for trolling related purposes.

I guess we will find out for ourselves tonight throu saturday.

Kajiba

Actual footage of Darkstalkers? I don't know man. Didn't get that for SFIV or MvC3. We got a trailer and sat on it for month or so until actual gameplay was shown. I hope I'm wrong though :lol

...Some of this capcom stuff can be the thing Ono was going to talk about on Saturday too.

AAK

Wow, looking at that, it really looks ridiculous. MvC3 character reveals, Darkstalker reveals, SSFIV DLC reveals + Arcade trailer. Too overwhelming, it doesn't make sense for a company to unload all of its guns at once.

EDIT: And there's also that Ono reveal apparently happening tomorrow.

DrDogg

There's no way Namco would unveil Tekken 7 at Comic-Con. That alone makes that list completely bunk to me.

Even if Namco doesn't use AOU to unveil Tekken 7, they would use E3 before Comic-Con. Some could even argue they'd wait until GamesCon or TGS before they'd use Comic-Con.

With all the Namco/Capcom love at EVO, I'd expect the cross-over game to be true. And if it's true, I think they'd have to do two games. No other way to appeal to both fan bases.

AAK

DrDogg said:
There's no way Namco would unveil Tekken 7 at Comic-Con. That alone makes that list completely bunk to me.

Even if Namco doesn't use AOU to unveil Tekken 7, they would use E3 before Comic-Con. Some could even argue they'd wait until GamesCon or TGS before they'd use Comic-Con.

With all the Namco/Capcom love at EVO, I'd expect the cross-over game to be true. And if it's true, I think they'd have to do two games. No other way to appeal to both fan bases.

Yo dude, congrats on beating Holeman @ Evo!

FSLink

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
I was with the list until Darkstalkers.

I want it, but I don't think it's happening.
I personally think it's happening, but I feel it's too early for a reveal or trailer of any kind.

Top Bottom