• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women with English accents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleepey

I met this stunning Nigerian girl brought up in Austria. I could listen to her read the phonebook. Nigerian accents can be kinda sexy as well. But i am weak for Amercian accents barring southern drawls, i'd have to stop myself laughing in a girl's face if i heard that southern belle shit.

Apple Sauce said:
I fucking love like... Icelandic accents on women. Whatever accent the Maiden in Black has in Demons Souls makes me melt.

She sounded a little more Eastern European to me.

but if you like women with Icelandic accents, listen to this band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lmdfUlSW18&feature=related

(lyrics don't start until 2:40...but listen to the whole song so you can swoon like crazy when the lyrics finally kick in.)

FOOTE

I dated an Australian exchange student in high school. Her looks lured me to her, but her accent was what hooked me. Damn she was sexy.

thefro

Smision said:
there's a wisconsin accent? /went to uw-madison, lived just south of wisconsin for most of my life, hung out around waukesha, milwaukee, and madison a ton.

maybe it's further north into wisconsin? I could see that.

Nah, it exists, it sounds like a lighter Minnesota accent (think "Fargo"). Flat vowel sounds.

Gilby

I hate my northern-ontario accent. It sounds like a mix of Trailer Park Boys and Fargo.

As far as sexy accents go, I guess I'd have to agree with most people about eastern europe.

GhaleonQ

I knew Cheryl Cole would get namedropped.

Smision said:
She sounded a little more Eastern European to me.

but if you like women with Icelandic accents, listen to this band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lmdfUlSW18&feature=related

(lyrics don't start until 2:40...but listen to the whole song so you can swoon like crazy when the lyrics finally kick in.)

I can't find a video with Bloodgroup just talking (their accents are stronger), but if that guy likes ghostly women:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2XII_CTLj8

Smision said:
there's a wisconsin accent? /went to uw-madison, lived just south of wisconsin for most of my life, hung out around waukesha, milwaukee, and madison a ton.

maybe it's further north into wisconsin? I could see that.

I'm from Wisconsin Rapids, in the very middle. I only say "bayg of melk" (rarely now), but my relatives are about an hour away. 30 miles north and you get:
http://www.rooftopcomedy.com/watch/MySexyWisconsinAccent
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Vyg3NriIAU (especially the top comment)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYUM7b2zkxs

WrikaWrek

Banned
If she is good looking and has an english accent, it's crime inducing. I'll twist my morals just to get a piece of it, cheat etc

Insta bonner effect

Loxley

thefro said:
Nah, it exists, it sounds like a lighter Minnesota accent (think "Fargo"). Flat vowel sounds.

Yeah, that accent exists more in northern Minnesota, and tapers off into upper Wisonsin, but the lower 1/3rd of the state speaks with the"Inland Northern American English".

But I'm pretty much an equal-opportunist when it comes to foreign accents :)

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Hey brahs what aboot Canadian accents when they say "soary."

I like the way the guys in Trailer Park Boys talk... "pairk" = park, "care" = car etc.

I'm from Wisconsin Rapids, in the very middle. I only say "bayg of melk" (rarely now), but my relatives are about an hour away. 30 miles north and you get:

ha, I had no idea. I guess Madison isn't pure wisconsin and Milwaukee is basically no accent.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Played a lot of TF2 and of the rare girls I meet on there, there was this Polish girl speaking English and I loved it! Dated a Pole back in the date, but she was too fluent in English.

holmes182

Neo Member
Scullibundo said:
Oh man, Kiwi accents are an instant boner-kill. Not as bad as Johannesburg South African though. Jesus.

This made me laugh. My mate was shagging a kiwi girl and was pretty drunk and accidentally tried to FHUTA, and she said in a thick kiwi accent "Don't go theeeerre, I poop outta theeeerre!"

And after that he kept pumping her and she said "Ohhhh, go bro!"

MRORANGE

brianjones said:
i hate female british accents

bf3r814.gif

Zwei

I agree, OP. Even though English women are typically unattractive, their accent can often times compensate for that fact.

As an American, let me say that black chicks with English accents are hot. So are Indian chicks with English accents. It's so unexpected... and hot.

Galvanise_ said:
You really don't want to hear the worst of Essex's accent. Christ, even as an Essex lad, it drives me barmy.

Hah, I know what you mean, I've lived in the Basildon area my whole life so I'm pretty used to how bad our accent can be at times, but I think the absolute worst Essex accent is Canvey Island. It's like everything bad about the general south east Essex accent kicked up a notch. Ugh.

Galvanise_ said:
Sounds like upper class Essex with a hint of East End. That's how I talk, even though I am from the scummy area.

You really don't want to hear the worst of Essex's accent. Christ, even as an Essex lad, it drives me barmy.

I'm Scottish, but I've got a couple of English cousins. The girls are Essex girls through and through, the accents make me want to put my head through a wall at times. No offence.

Quacking

Bleepey said:
When they speak English can you tell where they are from?
I can make surely a distinction between north and south. It's more hard understand the region, but not totally impossible. :lol

holmes182

Neo Member
Zwei said:
I agree, OP. Even though English women are typically unattractive, their accent can often times compensate for that fact.

:-( My wife is from England.
She's hot though. And got a great posh London accent.

It used to be a turn on for me, until I actually started meeting women with them. Maybe it's just coincidence but of the three English girls I've met, they were all tramps in the worst way.

Really shakes the perception you get watching TV tbh. :(

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
In the United States accents are largely a combination of region and population density. Exceptions are areas of longer history, like New Orleans, Chicago, Boston, etc. Rural Kentucky/TN/AL/TX, and large city accents differ little.

UK accents on the other hand, there seem to be so many variations. I get the impression it's because of such long history of smaller countries and class divide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom