• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 The Golden (Vita) - Opening animation revealed

Omikaru

Looks good. Really, the wait for the English release is going to kill me, especially as features from the Japanese version start coming out next month.

I'm getting a 403 error every time I click on a Famitsu link today. :(

That's because you need to copy & paste Famitsu links.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Spoilers in that.
King Morons death

Also I dunno what's up with Atlus and the trippy openings for the Persona PSP ports, but it doesn't work too well here. I mean it's a nice opening and all but... :/

Ponn

Banned
Can't wait to play this. Trying to finish P3P right now.

Also i'm going to social link the heck out of Rise and her Batoosie.

ghibli99

I haven't finished the PS2 game yet (barely 5 hours in), but I thought this captured the carefree and more upbeat feel of the game compared to P3. Pretty sure P4G is a bit of a love letter to fans of all things P4, so it's cool to see them having fun with the intro.

faridmon

I haven't finished the PS2 game yet (barely 5 hours in), but I thought this captured the carefree and more upbeat feel of the game compared to P3. Pretty sure P4G is a bit of a love letter to fans of all things P4, so it's cool to see them having fun with the intro.

The theme behind is sound, I am rathether miffed about its quality, especially since the dance scenes were bunch frames repeated more times than it needs.

Well the OP is not something I will sit and listen to time and time again like I did with P3P (Soul Phrase, Burn my Bread), nor Persona 1 Portable, (Dream of Butterfly)...

But I did like Yosukes and Kanji's dance moves, cool. Hopefully this will mark the second Persona game I can actually beat and will have a much better and conclusive ending than the anime had :/

Duffyside

Banned
Man this game is charming. Before ever watching the Giant Bomb Endurance Run I always felt these games just weren't for me. Now I can't wait to play it on my Vita, and will try to go on media blackout when Persona 5 is finally announced.

They haven't announced a US release date yet, have they?

Herla

I usually revere everything Meguro touches, but it's tough to beat Pursuing My True Self...and this is not particularly great :/

I don't care for it at all, nor do I feel that it fits in with the style of the game. P4s opening had a very clean style that fit with the menu systems of the game, as well as footage of the characters being filmed to tie in with the TV theme and a really catchy song in the background. This one is just a mess of colours with a dull song and too much of an emphasis on the mopeds.

I liked it, slick, stylish and upbeat. Then cut to murdered bodies and vacation clothes. That's the Persona 4 I remember. The original opening was better though, but this feels like something for fans.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
I'm playing P3P right now for the first time.

First time I watched this, I didn't like it, because it felt the complete opposite of P3P; it wasn't stylish or edgy at all.

Second time I watched this, it grew on me a bit, and I enjoyed the beat.

Third time I watched this, I mellowed out. Is the opening indicative of the tone of the game at all?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
While it's a stylish, fun opening, I prefer the Pursuing My True Self opening more because...

Azure Phoenix said:
P4s opening had a very clean style that fit with the menu systems of the game, as well as footage of the characters being filmed to tie in with the TV theme and a really catchy song in the background.
Absolutely. It set the tone for the game very, very well, and it was incredibly slick. One of my favourite OPs to look at if I'm letting the game sit on the title screen.

I'm playing P3P right now for the first time.

First time I watched this, I didn't like it, because it felt the complete opposite of P3P; it wasn't stylish or edgy at all.

Second time I watched this, it grew on me a bit, and I enjoyed the beat.

Third time I watched this, I mellowed out. Is the opening indicative of the tone of the game at all?
Yes, Persona 4 doesn't try to be dark or edgy. It has dark qualities but its a pretty mellow game with a down to earth cast.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Yes, Persona 4 doesn't try to be dark or edgy. It has dark qualities but its a pretty mellow game with a down to earth cast.
Interesting, thanks! I do like the tone in P3P, and I don't know if I want to give it up, but hey, change can be exciting!

Top Bottom