• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earthbound Creator says something is in the works

MisterHero

If this ends up being a re-release collection the fan outcry in English speaking countries is going to be immense and immediate. OpRainfall plus every other fan movement added in and multiplied exponentially.
There's no more Nintendo Power to siege anymore.

Conspiracy!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
On the one hand I should know better than to get hyped over this. On the other hand, I'm not sure I can help myself. I hope whatever this is turns out awesome.

rpmurphy

Whatever it is, it will be Japan only.

なんか、みんな『MOTHER』をやってくれてありがとねー。ほんとに感謝します。スターマンネットの諸君(http://starmen.net/ )も、ほんとにありがとう。いろいろたのしいウワサは聞いてるんだ。せんちめんたる。

BELIEVE

PK Gaming

tumblr_m8rxioybpK1r9rdxs.gif

Rootbeer

Banned
earthbound or mother 3 eshop release, or hopefully, maybe, some kind of remake or enhanced version of one or either games. In English. Please. ASAP!

eshop would be easy money but it could be an enhanced 3DS port similar to the DS version of Chrono Trigger (with changed-up UI and maybe a few bonus dungeons or something?) :x Dreaming sure is easy. But dreams... die... hard

if it's just an iOS release i'm going to have a breakdown.

eXistor

Mother 1 remade with Mother 2/3 graphics? Mother Triology? Whatever it turns out to be, I must have it.

likeGdid

Tell that to Metal Wolf Chaos!

The game revolves around a fictitious President of the United States named Michael Wilson. Using a suit of powered armor named Metal Wolf, he battles forces who have taken over his country in a coup d'état, including his arch nemesis, Vice President Richard Hawk.

Damn. That is ridiculously American. I don't understand why it's not here where we could play it while eating hamburgers and clapping :(

PBalfredo

Mother 1 remade with Mother 2/3 graphics? Mother Triology? Whatever it turns out to be, I must have it.

I'd love for the trilogy to be re-released, but by the wording of the (translated) tweet, my gut feeling is on a Mother 1 remake. Lord knows it could use it. It's an NES RPG, and it shows. Bringing it up to the level of Mother 2 and 3 would be incredible. Whatever it is, I'll put my full support to see that this gets Project Rainfall'd.

Aeana

Well, whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be cool. Even if it's just getting Earthbound in a handheld version that doesn't have gimped music.

Einhander

It's funny how he had to keep stressing that it's not Mother 4. Poor guy. I'm sure he gets asked that a lot. I remember him saying during an interview that he'd like to see someone else tackle Mother 4 and that he would like to play the finished product. Providing the writer was as witty and funny as Itoi, I wouldn't mind if Nintendo went in that direction. I wonder if Nintendo has ever brought up that possibility.

Javier

It's gotten to the point than anything Mother-related for the west would be good news. Even an Earthbound VC release would be awesome.

But I want to believe it's Mother Trilogy.

Nasley

Neo Member
Mother trilogy for 3DS would get all my money, especially if they enhance them (Mother 1 in particular).

Why are people worried about an iOS release? Have many/any Nintendo franchises been released there?!

Man, Earthbound is my all time favorite game but reading this news didn't even rouse me in the least. I hadn't realized that Mother 3's lack of a localization had scarred me this badly until now. :-/

Anth0ny

Mother trilogy on 3DS please.

And for the love of fuck, bring it over to North America, NOA. I'm even okay with Europe at this point. Mother 3 needs to be available in English, officially.

Davey Cakes

Jesus Christ, please! Please please this!

And NOA, don't be dicks and not localize it! Please!
Hasn't the lack of localization (and anything related to the Mother series in the west, really) been completely due to NCL, not NOA? I'm pretty sure even Reggie seemed interested in bringing more Earthbound goodness to the west but NCL makes the final decision.

Het_Nkik

If it's just VC releases or something I don't really care, I already own all the original games boxed (even EarthBound!).

If they're doing remakes that'd be pretty cool. I could get excited for that.

I am going in with the mentality of what the guy said in the first page japan only so I'm not going to crack a smile of excitement until i know its a trilogy that is coming here with the glory of ten greek gods.

Mother Trilogy for 3DS.

believe

I came so close to buying a cart-only copy of Earthbound for $240.

Dear Nintendo, YOU can release Earthbound on any system for $240 and I will gladly be there day one.

Seriously, Nintendo. I will give you $240 for ONE GAME. JUST GIVE IT TO ME!!!

Hasn't the lack of localization (and anything related to the Mother series in the west, really) been completely due to NCL, not NOA? I'm pretty sure even Reggie seemed interested in bringing more Earthbound goodness to the west but NCL makes the final decision.

Well, when NOA's lawyers went back to NCL and mentioned the costs associated with changing the game to make it compatible with our copyright laws, NCL probably did make a final decision.

I'll keep my eyes peeled on this development, but I'm not hoping for much.

My fiancee will kill a man if they announced a 3DS trilogy release and leave it in Japan. C'mon, NOA!

PBalfredo

Not quite, NOA said that in order to bring EarthBound to the VC they needed to make changes to the music, but NCL had to sign off on making changes to the game and they didn't. But that was just the deal with bringing EarthBound to the Virtual Console. Mother 3 not making it stateside is on NOA

edit: beaten

Het_Nkik

I came so close to buying a cart-only copy of Earthbound for $240.

Dear Nintendo, YOU can release Earthbound on any system for $240 and I will gladly be there day one.

Seriously, Nintendo. I will give you $240 for ONE GAME. JUST GIVE IT TO ME!!!

What the, I bought a boxed copy for $300 and sold my loose cartridge for $60. How much have prices gone up in the past few years?

P.S. I bought my loose cartridge for $10 around 10 years ago.

Javier

What the, I bought a boxed copy for $300 and sold my loose cartridge for $60. How much have prices gone up in the past few years?

P.S. I bought my loose cartridge for $10 around 10 years ago.
Cheapest "Buy It Now" copy at eBay right now for a loose cart is $190.

Yeah, it's gotten pretty crazy. I remember a couple of years ago you could find copies for $70-90

It's production will be stopped a few months after release and then you will only be able to find it on ebay for 100000 dollars!

Mother Trilogy, Club Nintendo exclusive in North America, only 1000 copies made and put up at a random time (like that damn Kirby medal)

Hey Nintendo. How about you take a small hunk of money out of that gigantic pile and just pay the fucking licensing fees for the original music?

Mother Trilogy, Club Nintendo exclusive in North America, only 1000 copies made and put up at a random time (like that damn Kirby medal)

I would start a riot.

It would be like "Do the Right Thing" except no one would question the moral of the story because its obviously the right thing to do.

Top Bottom