• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hashimoto: Bayonetta 1 will be available on eShop with Bayo 2 digital/retail purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno man, how this shit happens... Distribution agreements or something? Can this be fixed through contacting Nintendo?

* The retail version of Bayonetta 2 comes with the first Bayonetta game. Digital
downloads of Bayonetta 2 from Nintendo eShop do not include the first game.

It's a tiny footnote at the bottom of the page: http://bayonetta2.nintendo.com/

physical master race takes another W ;)

seriously, thats a bummer to hear , i guess its just in first shipments or something

it'll probably be released on the eshop in the future

Andrew.

Banned
So then venture to PoopStop or buy off Amazon. Dont see what the big deal is.

This is the type of title you want a hard copy of anyway. Fuck digital.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
how shockingly weird. as a digital-only Wii U owner this makes me sad. obviously I will be buying the physical version of the game.

Madao

i don't see how this is different than usual considering how many people see Nintendo and digital purchases on the same line as a bad thing.

just buy the retail.

That sucks for those who haven't played it and wanted the digital version. I'd never play it anyway since I've killed it enough, so it's still digital for me.

Unless this turns into a collector's item some how...

that's bad, i was going full digital with nintendo published games, thanks to the price of download codes on game.co.uk being lower than the eshop price... i guess i'll buy the disc this time...

ZeroCDR

That's messed up, but honestly I don't see any upside in partaking in Nintendo's digital service to begin with. They need to fix their account shit, to date I've only purchased the 30 cent VC games promotion on the Wii U shop because of it.

Woffls

Was gonna' get retail anyway. Not a big deal when you've got options.

And yet, we'll hear endlessly about how the digital version is more expensive with less content and that, therefore, Nintendo does not understand digital distribution. Looking forward to that one ¬_¬

Frodo

As far as I know this doesn't mean they can or will not sell the game separately on the eShop, right? I would wait a bit before jumping to conclusions.

So happy about it, btw! :D

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So how is Nintendo account system now? Is it wise buying digital only?

if you only plan on using one Wii U it's fine and obviously super convenient having all of your games on a single drive. But for something like 3DS (where it's likely to have multiple systems in a household) it sucks.

edit - and yeah, those of you in the thread saying "I don't see the big deal just buy physical".... way to just completely dismiss the actual issue here. For some of us this is a very annoying issue that your "suggestion" does nothing to fix really.

ultimately if Nintendo offers the digital version of 2 for $40 and 1 for $20 I guess that would make sense.. but I seriously doubt that is the case.

Salsa

get the retail version then?

so get the physical version?

crisis averted?

This.

Problem solved

This.

Some users here really like creating unnecessary problems for themselves.

are you guys really dumb enough to completely fail to realize there's plenty of countries with retail price discrepancies on a single region or dou you just wanna defend something you like for the sake of it?

A wiiU retail games costs $100+ where I live (and in brazil, and argentina, and, and, and). We get the US price on the eShop

think for a minute ffs, I cant believe there's a handful of people here posting the same thing as "crisis adverted". not everone lives in the US.

jmdajr

if you only plan on using one Wii U it's fine and obviously super convenient having all of your games on a single drive. But for something like 3DS (where it's likely to have multiple systems in a household) it sucks.

So pray your WiiU don't break?

My guess is they cannot post the first game digitally. However, they should charge it at a cheaper price due to this. Charging the same price is shady as hell. You are getting ripped off if you buy the digital version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom