• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREAKING! Sony's studio for securing ports: We are working on securing ports!

Edit: For those interested, Corsi's team is set up to work on bringing games from third party developers that otherwise wouldn't be made, and taking in fan requests for games they'd like to see that otherwise wouldn't come to fruition, not just ports. This is a specific sub-division inside SCEA's Third Party Relations group. Some others can point it out as well:
Gio Corsi's division was set-up for Sony to have an official division to support/negotiate bringing over 3rd-party games that would otherwise never happen. ( indie games, Japanese games, etc )

This isn't a "we're talking to Activision about Destiny", this is a "we're talking to Square about Type-0" or a "we're talking to PC dev about this PC exclusive game that he had no intentions of bringing to consoles.."

This is a group within Sony that supports third parties in developing games for Sony platforms. This would mean those games would be exclusive.
He's referring specifically to third party games that Sony helps happen. Gio runs a new group within Sony that helps third party devs port games to Sony platforms as well as help translate games. Like Borderlands 2 on the Vita.

fBzamj6.png

https://twitter.com/giocorsi/status/436944008934215680

Back in November, Adam Boyes noted that Corsi has been getting a ton of requests for Yakuza and Shenmue.

Schreier: With the caveat that this is all up in the air, this is all in negotiations, are there any that you guys have in mind that you would really like to bring over here?

Boyes: I think a lot—we get a ton of requests for Yakuza, a ton of requests for Shenmue. We see the lists. Like everything that people have tweeted Gio, literally we have a person that compiles those lists and prioritizes based on how many requests we've gotten. And I think to date there's well over 10,000 mentions across like forum threads and stuff like that. So those are the ones we're focused on.

http://kotaku.com/sonys-giant-list-of-video-games-1463345943

For anyone unaware of Corsi's department, it was formed not long after the PS4 was announced:
SCEA’s Gio Corsi has announced the formation of a new group within the company called Third Party Production which works with publishing partners to bring third-party IPs to PlayStation platforms (PS4, PS3, Vita).

Back from August:

Screen_Shot_2013_08_30_at_11_28_37_PM.png

Hello Gamers,

Moments ago, Adam Boyes introduced the latest addition to the Third Party Relations family at Playstation, a new group that I get to captain called Third Party Production. The Third Party Relations team at PlayStation is well known for developing solid relationships across this industry, and this new group will work closely with our publishing partners to bring their beloved IPs to some new places. This means you’ll see even more great games on PlayStation platforms, including new IP’s, ports, and localized products. In addition, our partners who are currently in production will have us as a resource to strengthen their development process, ensuring quality and consistency on all Third Party projects.

I’m really excited for our team to explore new opportunities on behalf of PlayStation. Even though we’re brand new to PlayStation, we’ve got years of experience in this industry already under our belt. We already have a project underway, the recently announced PS Vita version of Borderlands 2. We are extremely excited to work with Iron Galaxy Studios on this project and I cannot wait to show and tell you more down the road.

I will share more with you as our adventures continue and new games are made available. In the meantime, let me know in the comments what you want to see on PlayStation (PS3, PS4, PS Vita). Or contact me on Twitter through the ingenious and mesmerizing handle of @giocorsi — original I know, but man is it solid.

Talk soon guys and keep on playing!
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666081

mdubs

Banned
Saw this the other day, getting excited. Likely to finally be the jrpgvita announcement that Shahid has been teasing I'm thinking.

stryke

Announcement of a possible announcement.

I appreciate the effort but I need something a bit more tangible.

ramuh

Well. He can build that list and check it twice but if Kingdom under Fire 2 isn't on that list for 2014 I'd be...mad. :/

SJRB

Gold Member
"soon" is my favourite videogame-related word. It can mean literally anything from "within 30 minutes" to "next year".

DJIzana

Woot! About time!

PSO2 and Type-0 are the only things I want! (Even though I've played both in Japanese already...) Would be nice to have an English version of those. Even Yakuza: Ishin would be nice.Other than that... not sure what else I'd want at this point, personally.

Could this guy make Persona 5 on PS4 happen sooner? He should do that.

"soon" is my favourite videogame-related word. It can mean literally anything from "within 30 minutes" to "next year".

Or in 3-5 years if its Square Enix.

Or never if its Valve.

GDC maybe ?

I'm sure he means GDC/E3.
I don't expect any big announcements at GDC. Speaking of which, have they even showed or made any big announcement there?

And like i said, they abuse the word "soon" way too often.

Shahid Ahmad is guilty of it so many times now that it is not even funny. He dropped the news that #JRPGVITA news will be coming "soon" and it has been about 1 month now.

Doffen

Sounds like a nudge to Phil Spencer "...won't announce games until they're real. No false promises..."

Well, I'm ready for some real new announcements!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
maybe they will upscale the Vita version of Borderlands 2 for PS4.

The system seller that the declining Finnish market needs.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Bioshock Vita is alive guys!

That title change too haha.

I don't really understand this. News coming of third party games for PS platforms? Well, you don't say?

He's referring specifically to third party games that Sony helps happen. Gio runs a new group within Sony that helps third party devs port games to Sony platforms as well as help translate games. Like Borderlands 2 on the Vita.

dugdug

Banned
Dude has been "building the list" for, what feels like, ages now. Do we know anything that's actually come out of it, yet?

Top Bottom