• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

Man, I didn't even chart. I gotta pick up the pace or something.

Maybe I should ban the wife from posting.... Heh, heh.

tuffymon

We've had so few posts in the last few days... then a new thread comes along, and BOOM working on page 2 shortly...

edit top 11? don't we normally have top 25 people or something?

Muku

We've had so few posts in the last few days... then a new thread comes along, and BOOM working on page 2 shortly...

Everyone loves new things. Then BAM you are page 2.

And EDarkness, I can dedicate my space on the wall of shame to you.

Yeah, I feel like the last 3 or 4 days have been really slow in posting, and I was afraid the community was on it's way to death. It may still be, but new thread = life!

Whizkid7

I finally got NOX working! I've been feeling really far behind for a while now and contemplating quitting so really getting heavy into clearing out some TMs should help keep me interested for a while longer. Events help, too.

The old FF Zero units don't also give bonuses, do they?

Hello new thread.

Man, I'm so jealous of the couple of ya that seemingly made out like bandits over Amazon's screw ups. From the infinite lapis purchase glitch to the Amazon refund bonanza.

I'm hoping my account gets refunded by that big spending spree too. Would be epic.

Muku

I think Grande Burrito helped our last thread move for a while.

It would be nice if we got ORLANDU Gumi. This thread would be the new hotness.

So OT, but I changed my mind on the Switch. The Zelda hype got to me. Gonna go out Friday morning and see if I can find one. Most of the stores around where I live aren't doing midnight releases so here is to hoping. Not expecting to get one, but you never know.

tuffymon

I think Grande Burrito helped our last thread move for a while.

It would be nice if we got ORLANDU Gumi. This thread would be the new hotness.

It's like anything else, when the next update or event starts, the thread gets flooded by a few pages immediately, and then it drops to a trickle until the next event or update information hits... I fully expect like 10 pages the day Orlandu hits and watch the tears of happiness and failure push that hard >.>;

Muku

It's like anything else, when the next update or event starts, the thread gets flooded by a few pages immediately, and then it drops to a trickle until the next event or update information hits... I fully expect like 10 pages the day Orlandu hits and watch the tears of happiness and failure push that hard >.>;

I will be pushing hard. Not supposed to chase Rainbows... but ... ;_; .... .... I'll probably be in the salty pile.

So OT, but I changed my mind on the Switch. The Zelda hype got to me. Gonna go out Friday morning and see if I can find one. Most of the stores around where I live aren't doing midnight releases so here is to hoping. Not expecting to get one, but you never know.

:O

I've heard folks recommend Walmart might be worth looking into.

I will be pushing hard. Not supposed to chase Rainbows... but ... ;_; .... .... I'll probably be in the salty pile.

:O

The problem with Walmart is they are open 24/7 at least the ones here, and I can't do midnight shit anymore. My wife would murder me and throw me in the Ohio river.

tuffymon

I'm iffy on it..., I wasn't expecting to have a shot at the console day one, and was happy will getting it eventually, but the wife actually gave me the ok to buy one if I can find it at Walmart tomorrow night/early morning... I live in the middle of nowhere so I might actually find them... now I have time to think about whether to pick it up or not for sure >.>;

Celegus

The problem with Walmart is they are open 24/7 at least the ones here, and I can't do midnight shit anymore. My wife would murder me and throw me in the Ohio river.
I'll fish you out once you make it to Pittsburgh lol

I kind of have the opposite problem. My wife would be all for midnight release shenanigans but we don't really see the point in getting one at launch.

Maybe create a nicer version of this, but it might be worthwhile to emphasize in the OT that there is a very, very, very good chance that this game will do nothing but shit in your Cheerios every single day you play it in terms of summons because of RNG. Some people get lucky, but most do not. If people go in knowing that luck with pulls is rarely on your side in this game, I think you'd get more people enjoying it out of the box.

I know that's the very nature of gacha games, but if you happened upon this game and thought, "hey, this sounds like a fun FF game that I can collect all of my favorite characters from all the games, SQUEEE!!", I think there will be a lot of rage qutting going on when reality sinks in and they get their 10th Edge. Hell, maybe just link to some of Ziss' pull videos where he had to do hundreds of pulls to get the rainbow he was after. That will get the point across pretty well.

Just my two cents, but maybe I'm just a bitter old man.

tuffymon

I know that's the very nature of gacha games, but if you happened upon this game and thought, "hey, this sounds like a fun FF game that I can collect all of my favorite characters from all the games, SQUEEE!!", I think there will be a lot of rage qutting going on when reality sinks in and they get their 10th Edge. Hell, maybe just link to some of Ziss' pull videos where he had to do hundreds of pulls to get the rainbow he was after. That will get the point across pretty well.

I wonder overall how much the new crystal change helps/hurts definite whales like ziss... With no trolls and better shots at getting what you want... will he spend less... or aim for more multiples?

Pejo

I've just been playing around with Emperor in Arena today, and while he doesn't really bring anything over Exdeath, Aeroga is a wonderful Arena spell. Nobody's got any wind resist going on, and it's a fast animation.

Question is, would it be worth giving up a Materia spot to put Ultima on him?

I guess I could also just farm Ring of the Lucii for Alterna and just sacrifice an accessory slot.

Mages in general just really don't do anything for me. I wish Dual Wield worked with magic skills too, beyond Ace's thing and that sunbeam skill.

Royce McCutcheon

Hello new thread.

Man, I'm so jealous of the couple of ya that seemingly made out like bandits over Amazon's screw ups. From the infinite lapis purchase glitch to the Amazon refund bonanza.

I'm hoping my account gets refunded by that big spending spree too. Would be epic.

It's been a relief, I stopped at 34k, had freps doing it up until reset, then it borked. That's like 15 or so TMs, so I think imma do that

Shouta

Hmm, it might be worth trying to steal from Nimbus multiple times when the Type-Zero event goes live just to see if they changed anything for Global. As I recall, it was just once in JP like I said before.

Kouriozan

Personal top poster ranking :

OT 1 : 7th
OT 2 : 9th
OT 3 : 6th

...Now that's a wall of shame, I'll try to post less this time...

Xion86

We made OT4 :D nice one team.

I just got my first Doublehand:

8c6b2Jal.png

Fusing 4 units at a time now to clear up my dupes.
Edit: think I'll do 3 at a time now.

Ah, I remember being in the Wall of Shame on OT 1 or 2 I think, probably a bad sign :p too busy now haha. But I really glad this community has kept going. The game would be boring without a community to share progress with.

Fuck ariana, i want an expendables banner

Sly 5 star
Stathan 5 star
Jet Li 4 star
Iván drago 4 star
Bruce Willis special trust moogle
Arnold special ultra mega atk pot

Yes! :D love the Expendables.

GG-Duo

Hmm, it might be worth trying to steal from Nimbus multiple times when the Type-Zero event goes live just to see if they changed anything for Global. As I recall, it was just once in JP like I said before.

Do you remember if stealing yielded any significant numbers?

Vashetti

Banned
Gumi should do an event where each run guarantees you 1% TM gain for each character.

It could cost like 30 NRG or something.

Prototype

^
They need to implement some kind of "auto" mode that will run the quest for you over and over till energy is gone.
Many f2p games I've tried have had something like this.

I know a lot of players would appreciate it.

Alkez

Maybe create a nicer version of this, but it might be worthwhile to emphasize in the OT that there is a very, very, very good chance that this game will do nothing but shit in your Cheerios every single day you play it in terms of summons because of RNG. Some people get lucky, but most do not. If people go in knowing that luck with pulls is rarely on your side in this game, I think you'd get more people enjoying it out of the box.

Just my two cents, but maybe I'm just a bitter old man.

I am literally this guy. I stumbled onto this game because of a YouTube ad at like 1am. I had no clue what a gacha game was, or the fact that I had started playing one, so it took some time to understand how it all works and that it's all just RNG. I think this is a really good idea. I'll add a disclaimer at the end tomorrow.

Celegus

I am literally this guy. I stumbled onto this game because of a YouTube ad at like 1am. I had no clue what a gacha game was, or the fact that I had started playing one, so it took some time to understand how it all works and that it's all just RNG. I think this is a really good idea. I'll add a disclaimer at the end tomorrow.

My first too. Happened to see the GAF thread right before launch, and was like "new FF whaaaaat". Thought the art was super nice and decided to check it out. Now, hopelessly addicted! Still no $$$ in it though at least, but I'd be willing to if there was ever anything I felt was worth it.

Vashetti

Banned
My first too. Happened to see the GAF thread right before launch, and was like "new FF whaaaaat". Thought the art was super nice and decided to check it out. Now, hopelessly addicted! Still no $$$ in it though at least, but I'd be willing to if there was ever anything I felt was worth it.

Only time I got suckered into spending money in this game was when Lightning released. Felt like I 'needed' to have her to keep up.

Never again. I got Noctis being f2p and won't spend another penny.

Y'all know I've spent money. Fortunately, not too much. On balance, thanks to you guys, this was my GOTY for 2016 though, so I'll take it.

Random Q: why does the Maze have "weekend only" in the picture? Did they forget to turn it off during the week?

Alkez

Y'all know I've spent money. Fortunately, not too much. On balance, thanks to you guys, this was my GOTY for 2016 though, so I'll take it.

Mine too haha. Haven't played a game this much since probably the original call of duty 4.

I haven't spent too much money. I've bought the bundles twice. Considering they were the price of a full game over here I consider it my payment for last year and my payment for this year lol.

Lyrian

Random Q: why does the Maze have "weekend only" in the picture? Did they forget to turn it off during the week?

I chuckled about that, as well.

Assuming here that Global will follow the JP model shortly where all of the weekend rotation dungeons become permanent weekend dungeons and Gumi already slapped the new label on the Maze in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom