• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda Ryder Family Screenshot Thread

The Dark Shape

Neo Member
I didn't grab a decent shot of her, but nevertheless, here's Sara:

JX5vXfq.png

And her father, Michael Shannon:

TDzUaE4.png

CaptainKashup

Neo Member
This has to be one of the shittiest CC I've ever had to use. Even worse then the one from Fallout 3.
That's the best I could do personnally do with FemRyder, but BroRyder is a mess.

1489702796-2017-03-16-23-19-31-mass-effect-tm-andromeda-version-d-essai.png

The best looking creations look way closer in quality to the default models than in previous games, which admittedly is party due to the default models being less impressive but still.

Kirie

Great looking Sis-Ryder!!

There's one Asian female preset that lends itself to making a nice looking/cute(depending on your opinion) character quickly. I don't think I spent more than 10 minutes on mine. Really looking forward to the possibility of more sliders.

I tried for far longer with a Caucasian looking female preset, and couldn't get close to a look that I liked Lol. Glad I gave up and tried that one Asian female preset.
Thank you!! Yours too :)

Yeah that was my same experience. I tried to make a light skinned light brown haired sisRyder (I think using preset 3?) and good god was it horrible in-game lol. Then I went for the first Asian preset and it took me a few minutes of tweaking but it was vastly better than that other preset.

Schlorgan

The wording on "use on your next playthrough" seems a little concerning to me, but nevertheless, bookmarked. Thanks.

There's a prompt when you go into the CC that mentions Uploading and Downloading characters. I think you tag ones you like on the website and then can download them in-game (like Saint's Row).

FHIZ

There's a prompt when you go into the CC that mentions Uploading and Downloading characters. I think you tag ones you like on the website and then can download them in-game (like Saint's Row).
Okay, fantastic. Really works well for my lack of patience with these things.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Audrey Ryder
lb77Kj2.jpg

XpGDOJn.jpg

I would have liked to tweak her face more, but ten hours.

Dad Ryder
YKbAVDp.jpg

Forgot to take a picture of the brother, but him and papa Ryder have some serious caveman brows.

Like DA:I, it is a lot easier to create a normal looking person than in first Mass Effects. Unlike DA:I, the options are very limited.

The character creator isn't exactly the most flexible ever, but I'm pretty happy with what I've managed so far:

Sara (main character):
Scott (NPC):
Alec (holy shit):
I might try and get more shots of Alec at some point. He turned out amazing for an autogenerated character.

I'm very happy with my Ryder

I named her Lucha Ryder for obvious reasons;
UzqgrLx.jpg

PUVnTXJ.jpg

hfbNieN.jpg

Lorna Ryder:

Hayden Shepard:

I tried ok

Fairly happy with mine, from most angles anyway.

6xCkgMhl.jpg

HRJ1T2Y.jpg

Came out pretty good I think.

Seems like faces that are asian inspired look way way better than the actual two Ryder siblings they chose to represent the game. Things that make you wonder.

saskuatch

Seems like faces that are asian inspired look way way better than the actual two Ryder siblings they chose to represent the game. Things that make you wonder.

It's probably because the gaffers here are better at designing faces than bioware are.........They are not exactly well known for good humans in games, their best looking characters are always aliens or monsters.

I want to take your male Ryder look. Do you mind sharing how you created it?

Oh, flattered you like it! Lemme try and remember -

I took Head 3, did the hair/etc, spread the eyes out a little, descended the nose, slightly widened the mouth, and then broadened the jaw. I dunno specific sliders on those, sorry, but it was head 3 with the skin darkened.

Thank you!! Yours too :)

Yeah that was my same experience. I tried to make a light skinned light brown haired sisRyder (I think using preset 3?) and good god was it horrible in-game lol. Then I went for the first Asian preset and it took me a few minutes of tweaking but it was vastly better than that other preset.

Thank you. Funny that we had a similar experience there both with welcome outcomes :D You killed it.

Loving the positive vibe of this thread.

tootie923

Why do the dads look so much better?

I wish I could play as a old grey haired scar faced man.

I'm going to go for a Stephen Lang-type of character, Ryder age be damned, but I don't know how far the character creator will let me go to do that. Or maybe like Zaeed.

Fbh

Some pretty good ones already. Will be interesting to see what we get when more people have the game

Also, I'm still awaiting the day Mass Effect lets you choose an alien for your main character. When that happens is when I might fully be on board with the franchise.

Probably never going to happen. For some reason Bioware is set on the boring choice of you having to play as a human and humanity playing a big role in the story.

This was the one chance we had to be able to play as an alien but now you can count on several sequels playing as Ryder

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
It's probably because the gaffers here are better at designing faces than bioware are.........They are not exactly well known for good humans in games, their best looking characters are always aliens or monsters.

This seems like an odd point to make considering the two main Ryder faces are based on actual models. Maybe bioware needs better face scanning tech.

saskuatch

This seems like an odd point to make considering the two main Ryder faces are based on actual models. Maybe bioware needs better face scanning tech.

only their face scanned ones look decent. Any NPCs you look at should be made using their own tools no face scan, those are the ones that truly look FUG. Although not quite as bad as fallout/elder scrolls faces

Sanojio

Welcome to Bioware.

Also, I'm still awaiting the day Mass Effect lets you choose an alien for your main character. When that happens is when I might fully be on board with the franchise.

That is never, ever going to happen. They outright stated that.

"The story is very much a human one, and we wanted to focus on that so it's relatable"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I agree, the Asian ones look way better & more natural than the others... go figure. Sueil should post their slider settings!

To give people a starting point, saw this on reddit:

SKeUgDA.png

Preset1

BrowH 6 BrowD 20 CheekH 20 CheekW 5 CheekB 3 ChinH 16 ChinD 0 ChinW 2 JawW 7 EyeH 7 EyeD 0 EyeW 12 LipT 6 MouthH 16 MouthD 0 MouthW 10 NoseH 9 NoseD 5 NoseW 6 NoseS 17

Top Bottom