• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why does Amazon.ca suck so incredibly bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve

Banned
Amazon.com is great.

Amazon.ca, not so much.

What gives? I can't even find a TV I want to buy on the .ca site. Do they not like money? :p

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
yeah, amazon.ca is a fucking disappointment if we compare it with the us website.

Partly because our population is so much smaller than the American population. I hope they decide to bring some merchandise up here to sell soon.

I enjoy the low, low prices on many goods. I also enjoy* the extended shipping times that sometimes take a month or two after the order has been placed.

Guy Legend

ghostmind said:
because Canadian shipping, outside of the eastern region, sucks ass...

Yeah, it's tough to transport TV's etc. on dog sleds and snowmobiles ;)

Seriously though, I was in Toronto last week and was shopping online with my cousin. I too was surprised at how crappy the Canadian website was (likewise my cousin impressed with the American site).

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
SabinFigaro said:
I enjoy the low, low prices on many goods. I also enjoy* the extended shipping times that sometimes take a month or two after the order has been placed.

Weird. Everything I've ordered from there (even with Super Saver Shipping) has arrived well before the projected ship date. That's probably because there's a distribution center in Mississauga, but still...

Chairman Yang said:
Weird. Everything I've ordered from there (even with Super Saver Shipping) has arrived well before the projected ship date. That's probably because there's a distribution center in Mississauga, but still...
Actually, I think I'll change my complaint on shipping to "pre-ordered goods". Goods in stock do come in right on time; however, I'm still waiting for Growlanser V, and Amazon says that it will not ship until mid-October.

Zynx

If amazon.ca is comparing itself to, indigo, then it has no incentive to offer better prices?
Rant about Canadian government allowing private biz to form oligopolies and almost-monopolies

I just get all my stuff from .com - it's way cheaper in most cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom