• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Trilogy HD is coming in January, Cover + Premium Edition goodies revealed

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
51-sovsbyplhtjt2.jpg

222222222xojos.png

66666666idj11.png

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AA4FDS0/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AA4FDT4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Varth

Whoa, where the hell did they pick that art? It's got REALLY nothing to do at all with the style of any of the games O___o

Derrick01

Banned
Might give it a run on PS3 for the trophies since I have them all on PC. I wonder how SA and Contracts holds up on consoles. Blood Money should be a quick and dirty 360 port and it ran fine on there.

tw1164

Looks good, I never got to play the hitman games, so I think I'll be buying this.

Why are the premium editions the same price as the regular ones?

Blue and orange. Orange and blue.

I'm looking forward to this. Haven't played Blood Money, which is largely considered the height of the series, right?

But there are four games, and I don't see a PC release.

Oh wait, but I already have the PC collection which I can play on a PC in HD. @_@

Carry on. (That's a nice art book though).

I have never played any of them, and I am getting Absolution for Christmas. Worth picking with up?

Please don't play Absolution first. Play Blood Money or Contracts so you can actually appreciate what the series was at first.

Oneself

I'll buy it even if all 3 games end up being shit ports.
Bloodmoney is still my favorite Hitman game... and replaying
Hitman2 & Contracts on a decent hardware (as I only played them on PS2) is the icing
on the cake!

=)

I have never played any of them, and I am getting Absolution for Christmas. Worth picking with up?

Pick the Trilogy first. $40 for 3 of the best games in the series is a great price. Absolution will see a nice price drop real soon.

Why is the first Hitman not included? Is it a licensing thing?

It's almost the same game as Contracts, from what I've read. In fact, they had licensing issues for Contracts and not Codename 47. Contracts has more missions.

D-e-f-

Banned
worst kept secret! finally!

Why is the first Hitman not included? Is it a licensing thing?

It's almost the same game as Contracts, from what I've read. In fact, they had licensing issues for Contracts and not Codename 47. Contracts has more missions.

The first game is PC-only. Probably that's why (and uprezzing it wouldn't make it look as good as the other two^^).

Contracts features the most iconic missions and settings from the first game but they play out completely different and you have different mechanics and goals so they're still very distinct if you happen to be in a position to have both available to you (get the first game on Steam).

All of them are very much still worth playing (preferably in order of release due to how the mechanics evolved over time).

Derrick01

Banned

Do not play absolution first. That's like playing Skyrim before Morrowind and Invisible War before Deus Ex. It's one of the biggest sins in gaming.

Pick this up first and if you only want to play one game before getting to Absolution then play Blood Money.

Finally! The trophies were posted for this a while back so I was worried it would be PS3 only like the Splinter Cell HD game. I can't wait to play through all three of these. Blood Money is one of my favorite games ever.

Woffls

That's...uhhh.... the worst box art I've seen since the 90s. What the fuck is up with this franchise? Serious guys.

Either un-get Absolution for Christmas and play the other ones, or play Absolution first so you don't have to experience the crippling pain of feeling like a dog leashed to a bench after running around in the park. (Disclaimer: I've only played one level of Absolution, but yeah.)

I've never played a Hitman game so I might be tempted by this. Blood Money is supposed to be the best one, right?

Really want to see some gameplay to see how good it looks.

cameron

I wonder if there will be any performance or visual improvements for SA and Contracts.

And yea, that cover is something else.

Derrick01

Banned
I've never played a Hitman game so I might be tempted by this. Blood Money is supposed to be the best one, right?

Really want to see some gameplay to see how good it looks.

Blood Money is considered to be the best. It's a sandbox game with social stealth. Not sandbox like Far Cry 3 is sandbox, there are levels but they're pretty open with multiple solutions for each target and it's up to your creativity and cleverness to find them.

Ein Bear

I like that boxart. I wish all these HD Collections had something similar, instead of boringly just slapping three different boxarts on the case and calling it a day.

SeriousApes

I'd rather have a cover like that than the traditional style that just shows the 2 or 3 original covers of the games included in the collection.

Top Bottom