• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

This doesn't even make sense. The people that are getting fucked most are the factory workers. Glue fumes and shit wages.

Nike-Factory.jpg

nikefactoryVietnam.jpg

Pennies a day so you can pretend you look like a pro athlete or a hipster.
Honestly wtf is the difference if you pay $300 on on a MSRP $150 shoe when it costs next to nothing to make.

You aren't a sneakerhead, you just wasting your money on shoes you can't even wear. Legit sneakerhead or not, nobody really cares except other "legit" sneakerheads.

Good luck with that Imelda.

Whatever - this is the same stuff where people are complaining about Apple/Nintendo/Samsung or whatever for using Foxconn to make the hardware they love...but here we are discussing our hobby of gaming using those things on GAF. You don't like sneakers, sneaker culture, sneaker collecting, then why even post?

Anyway, resellers are still scum. Nike and any other company or group that facilitates reselling or lower-quality sneaker construction are also scum.

hwalker84

This thread is the most vital thread right now.

So I fucking love sneakers. I have a few pairs - something like 25 right now. I used to have a lot more, but some of them I let my brother hold, and others I threw out a few years ago. Let me start with the following:

FUCK RESELLERS.

Let me also state that the only legit sneakerheads are those that actually wear their kicks. If you buy them just to stock them or to look at...wacksauce, man.

Let me finally state that there are other shoes out there than Jordans/Nikes. Other brands make great sneakers too...especially retro releases.

Now, the questions:

- favorite shoes/player lines? Right now, the Lebron line (my faves are 2, 8 low, 9, 10) is my favorite. I also like the KD (only the IVs right now), and Penny (pretty much all of his shoes - Foamposites, 1, 5, Zoom Rookies). Retro Jordans are cool too, but I only ever liked certain colorways of the 1, 3, 4, 5, 11 and 12. Everything else is irrelevant to me.

- thoughts on the current direction of the shoe game? The shoe game is fucked up because of resellers, hypebeasts (who themselves are often resellers), and companies (mostly Nike, who basically can sell whatever they want at any price because no one exists to challenge them). Sneakers used to be about cool players and cool colorways and none of that ultra-limited, quickstrike, waiting in lines, paying more than retail shit. I wish it went back to that.

- price rises vs declining material quality? That's the way everything is now...but Nike is amazing at it. Look at retro releases of theirs - nerfed leather, shit paint, removed details, etc. Now look at retro Reeboks - premium leather, identical detailing, great paint, and OG prices. Nike could do that...but there's no reason to do it, because people will sit outside Foot Locker for days just for the chance to buy retro Jordans without Nike AIR on them for $50+ more than they were when they were released.

...ehh, I sound like an old man ranting here. But I just love sneakers, y'all. What's everyone's latest pickup? Me, I just got some Air Flight 89s and the New Year's Eve black and gold Iversons (Reebok Question). My next pickup is the royal blue OG Jordan 1s.
Amen.

I wear all my shit and only reselled once when I picked up a second pair for my boy but he had already bought them.

My last 3
Jordan 5 Fire Red
Nike Air Force 1 Foamposite Year of the Snake
Nike Dunk MF Doom's

Slizz

Don't really have a brown pair of sneakers yet so I think I'm gonna try and get these in the near future:
137031C_l.png

A tad pricey.... I need to try them on for sure.

Alucrid

Banned
I wish I could have actually got the red patchwork highs. I mean, I never even got a chance to see them instock anywhere and they sold out.

Seth C

I don't have any of your high end stuff, but I love me some sneakers, from Pumas, to Tigers, to my Jordan XVIII's. I'll post pictures later.

When I have kids it's gonna be bad. Imma want them to have the hottest sneakers too.

I tried to swag my 3 yr. niece out, my sister was not having it.

If you can't rock a fresh pair of Air Force 1 lows or Adidas Superstar 80s, especially on a nice Spring or Summer day, you just haven't LIVED.

I'm hella dead then.

Oh sweet jesus Royal Blues are coming out? Do they have Jumpman branding or Nike air?

Yessir. Clean.

Baconbitz

Banned
I have some NB 467's (for work), rain boots, White AF1 hightops from goodwill, black/white low AF1's, and some vans all black slipons.

Alucrid

Banned
http://solecollector.com/media/u/images/312415_mrp_in_xl.jpg[img]

If only I had some extra cash. [URL="http://www.balenciaga.com/en_US/shop-products/accessories/men/shoes/balenciaga-arena-high-sneakers_804897092.html#!{"products":{"300060WAD40":{"color":"1000","size":"39"}}}"]Balenciaga Arena[/URL][/QUOTE]

I like these pleated ones more.

[quote][img]http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/668571/flags/LL

HiResDes

I'm rocking these still:

emerica-the-braydon-1.jpg

...Probably my favorite shoe ever, they've been through hell including bails on concrete bowls and 10-stair plummets.

GBONZZZZ

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
AF1 X Futura

futura-be-true-air-force-1.jpg

Deep black perforated leather, tons of details, custom lace lock, custom tag, clear soles with Futura tag
Fuck these are slick. I'm 3 years too late though.
Whatever - this is the same stuff where people are complaining about Apple/Nintendo/Samsung or whatever for using Foxconn to make the hardware they love...but here we are discussing our hobby of gaming using those things on GAF. You don't like sneakers, sneaker culture, sneaker collecting, then why even post?
Exactly.

Detox

Dope thread, subscribed. So if I'm in the UK how do I make sure I get the Air Jordan 3 “Bright Crimson” when they come out? Do I just keep my eyes on footlocker?

Dope thread, subscribed. So if I'm in the UK how do I make sure I get the Air Jordan 3 “Bright Crimson” when they come out? Do I just keep my eyes on footlocker?

Probably. People only gobble up certain releases though, you shouldn't have much trouble getting those.

you can try ordering online. kind of like an iphone release; just camp on the site at midnight or whatever and hope the site doesnt crash when the shoe comes up and you try to finalize your order.

though i don't know exactly which sites..i think soleheaven is based in the uk

I got some Nike gift cards for X-Mas. Mostly for the summer time shorts and shirts I like to wear.

I still browse the shoes. I am underwhelmed.

They seemed to be slacking and just whore out the Air Max 95 and 97.

Back 10 years ago or so every time I went to a store looking to get something new for school they had a new Air Max that struck me.

Last time I got some was the Tricity

Looks like Nike passed down a memo to never have the swoosh that minor a part of the shoe again. I'm sure designers hate being hampered by it. The 4-5" swoosh makes every running shoe look about the same on Nike Store.

The low top running stuff the past handful of years from Reebok and Adidas look more interesting to me.

I guess Nike calculated to focus on HIGH end basketball shoes. Minimalist as a feature shoes that have to be cheaper to make and Retro Retro Retro.

The nicer Air Max shoes had to take more resources to design and make as they were pretty ornate but at $100 or so the margin wasn't as big.

ryuen

Since NeoGAF isn't susceptible to resellers (I think), I would be down to set up some kind of group where each of us looks after one another for upcoming releases. It seems like everyone wants the Royal 1's (myself included, best release of 2013 to me), and since they're gonna be tough to get, I think it'd be awesome to have eyes everywhere.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Since NeoGAF isn't susceptible to resellers (I think), I would be down to set up some kind of group where each of us looks after one another for upcoming releases. It seems like everyone wants the Royal 1's (myself included, best release of 2013 to me), and since they're gonna be tough to get, I think it'd be awesome to have eyes everywhere.
Definitely. Count me in if we get such a network started.

As for those new Royal 1s...I'm praying hard.

I'm definitely down for this. I need me a pair of those Royals in 9.5 or 10, and any help on that is much appreciated. If I see them around my way or online anywhere, I'll post them here!

ryuen

Guessing a Google spreadsheet would suffice. Neogaf ID, shoe size, shoes you're looking for, and possibly a column for shoes that you have to trade/sell?

I need these. Anyone know what they are?

They look like either Nike SB Bruins or Nike SB Blazers Low, though I'm leaning towards the Bruins since I own 2 pairs of them and they look like that.

Here's my gray pair:
P1010096.jpg

Guessing a Google spreadsheet would suffice. Neogaf ID, shoe size, shoes you're looking for, and possibly a column for shoes that you have to trade/sell?

I'd be good for this too. I wear a size 9 (which I swear is like the most popular size for some reason...).

I'm totally down for this!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I miss the days when I could walk into a store and buy the newest pair of Jordans. I wish my old pairs grew with the size of my feet lol

Mr.Fresh

I went ahead and created a doc. PM me for the link!

Send it to me so I could put it in th OP.

I miss the days when I could walk into a store and buy the newest pair of Jordans. I wish my old pairs grew with the size of my feet lol

Lol me too I had so many sneakers from like 3 years ago that I can't even fit anymore.

Want these badly. Anyone know any places in UK that do pre-orders or will sell them? I've been searching all over the net and can't find anything.

Dont you guys have a Footlocker or Champs or something out there? just get there early on release day if it works anything like the US.

Top Bottom