• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k15: Missing A Lot Of Match Types (Ladder, 3/4 Man TLC/Cage/Table, Handicap)

Hasney

Thought this was worth a thread, especially with a release day review embargo so the news may not get out.

Due to the videos that have come out, we now know that for some reason, a lot of match types have been removed. For instance, here's a screenshot of the Triple Threat match selection:

tsf0Kqq.png

So based on videos that are out there now, unless Yuke's menu design is really horrible, this is what is missing:

Triple Threat Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches
Fatal Four Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches
Tonardo Tag Teams
Tag Team TLC, Ladder, Cage, Table
Handicap matches
1vs1 ladder match
Special Referee

Also missing is Match Creator, so changing DQ and count-outs may not even be possible as well as removing special outcomes.

Now if anyone thinks that some of this might just be because of the updates, the game might not be able to handle it... Well, 6 man MITB style ladder matches are in...

dkIHTSX.gif

But hey, that shot shows "background matchmaking" and due to 2k's silence, no-one really knows what that is even and the game comes out on Tuesday EDIT: It's something to do with online. Remember, we're also missing creation modes here:

For WWE 2K15, we were unable to support new versions of Create-an-Arena, Custom Divas, Create-a-Championship and Story Designer. This decision was extremely difficult, but a necessary one, in order to deliver a more focused and polished game. The primary reason we did not announce these changes earlier is due to the team working until the last minute to retain as many features as possible

Here is the full list of what's missing:

Do we have a comprehensive list of all of the neutering? I can't wrap my head around how much is missing here.

Well first off, the match creator is gone. That means any sort of stipulations like finisher match, turning off countout, first blood matches or DQ in any match type and the like are gone. As for specific modes:

Creation modes
- Create a Diva
- Create a Title
- Create an Arena
- Custom Themes
- All custom entrances other than the guy talking on his phone. Only roster member entrances
- Create a Finisher
- Create a Story
- edit superstar threads (Edit Superstar takes up a CAW slot)
- 75 less caw slots
- unable to change the color of wrestler's face paint even with Edit Superstar (sting, warrior, etc..)
- less legends and still missing some current wrestlers (bret hart, scott hall, goldberg, alcia fox, heath slater etc...)
- have to buy $25 dlc to get important current roster diva paige. As well as jbl who should be in the game's roster as well and not dlc.

1 vs 1:

- Inferno
- Ladder
- I Quit
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- Special Referee (yet is in the showcase mode)
- Casket (yet is in the Showcase mode)
- 3 stages of hell (Yet is in the showcase mode)
- Backstage Brawl

2 vs 2:

- Tornado Tag
- Extreme Rules
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC
- Elimination Tornado
- Elimination Table
- Mixed
- Backstage Brawl

Triple Threat:

- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- TLC
- Backstage Brawl

Fatal 4 Way/4-Man:

- Battle Royal
- Hell in a Cell
- Ladder
- Steel Cage
- Table
- TLC
- Falls Count Anywhere
- 2 out of 3 Falls
- No DQ
- Backstage Brawl

6-Man:

- Elimination Chamber Tag
- Championship Scramble (Was removed in 2k14, but notable still)

Handicap Matches

- All handicap matches

giphy.gif

Gazkapop

ZgOKjBF.gif

This can't be for real.

What reason could there possibly be for removing them? Do the last gen versions have these included?

Hasney

ZgOKjBF.gif

This can't be for real.

What reason could there possibly be for removing them? Do the last gen versions have these included?

Yup. While last-gen had a bunch of modes cut for no reason in a reskin, it did keep all the match types present at least.

This sounds like last gen all over again. Anyone remember Madden 05 on Xbox 360 (I think it was 05)? It was the shittiest version because EA rushed it to market with fewer features than the PS2/XB versions.

Hasney

This sounds like last gen all over again. Anyone remember Madden 05 on Xbox 360 (I think it was 05)? It was the shittiest version because EA rushed it to market with fewer features than the PS2/XB versions.

Yeah and I think they must have seen that and thought it was a great business model or something, because some of these match types are not in for no real reason, unless they want a bullet point for "what's new" in another game.

AssassiN

got the wrong hit
You can tell that 2K really wanted that March release date because they're clearly releasing an uundercooked game.

Ban Puncher

Move to next gen, graphical bump, strip out features and slowly add them back in over time as 'new features', repeat.

VinceMoney.jpg

"I'LL BE A BILLIONAIRE AGAIN IN NO TIME I'M VINCE MCMAHON DAMNIT!"

This game is like a hilarious worst case scenario, you expect that when jumping to a new style of gameplay/engine for a wrestling game that you're going to lose a lot of previous content as the new framework is built and all these other extra features get added back in over the next few entries. Yet in this event they've lost features while still stuck with the outdated mess of years old gameplay, it gains nothing (except visuals not being complete dribble for the first time since 07/08?) and loses everything.

Wait, 1 on 1 ladder match and tornado tag are out? HOW?!

dugSulf.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHA
This game is an absolute joke. Wasn't buying it anyway due to the lack of Diva CAWs and Create an Arena, among the myriad other issues, but this just seals it.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Anyone who buys this is a complete idiot and deserves to have wasted their money, tbh.

How can 2k pull shit like this and think they'll get away with it? This is meant to be a next gen game ffs.

Hasney

I said it in the other thread, but I was expecting creation modes to be dropped for the first year and I'm fine with that... if the match engine was up to scratch.

This is different though. Why are there not 3/4 way ladder/TLC matches when there's a 6 person one? It just feels like they are ripping things out for no reason now. From the videos, the stamina system might add a lot, but it still looks buggy as fuck, commentary is still awful and the crowd has no idea how to react.

Anyone who buys this is a complete idiot and deserves to have wasted their money, tbh.

How can 2k pull shit like this and think they'll get away with it? This is meant to be a next gen game ffs.

Yeah, it's been bought for me so I can be the canary in the mine giving impressions... But this has become a joke. Without these modes, it wouldn't even be my cheap yearly pre-owned purchase since it's even less of a drinking with friends game now.

In keeping with WWE brand messaging 2K has been given a opportunity to do something good and in good ol' WWE fashion, fumbled it at the first step.

Writing was on the wall once it became clear they did everything they could not to show any gameplay of the game until the last possible moments. (and even then not even a full match)

Yukes and THQ have been doing it for years so why not keep the tradition going. The games have been garbage for a while. I would say take a year off to work on them more but honestly it wouldn't help it would still be trash. Until Yukes is completely off the games and anything made by them is abandoned i have no hope in any of these games.

Nitemare1

WWE really needs to give this license to someone else.
When you look at the graphical and gameplay improvements in other one on one fighting games like mma and Boxing games over the years the WWE games are pretty depressing.
I know its a bit different because of match types and having more than two characters in a fight but still. I think they should be further along then they are.

Hasney

WWE really needs to give this license to someone else.
When you look at the graphical and gameplay improvements in other one on one fighting games like mma and Boxing games over the years the WWE games are pretty depressing.
I know its a bit different because of match types and having more than two characters in a fight but still. I think they should be further along then they are.

That's the thing though, it is with someone else now. They've managed to make it worse.

So based on videos that are out there now, unless Yuke's menu design is really horrible, this is what is missing:

Triple Threat Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches
Fatal Four Ladder, TLC, Table, Iron Man, Cage matches
Tonardo Tag Teams
Tag Team TLC, Ladder, Cage, Table
Handicap matches
1vs1 ladder match
Special Referee

giphy.gif

I have seen some ps4 streams of table matches and tornado tag....not sure why its not on the menus

edit...i could be wrong but it seemed like they were in career mode

Hasney

I have seen some ps4 streams of table matches and tornado tag....not sure why its not on the menus

edit...i could be wrong but it seemed like they were in career mode

I'll have a search around. When you say table matches, do you mean in general? Because they are in on one on one, but they're not triple-threat/Four way/tag from what I've seen. Hope I'm wrong on that one.

If you've seen it in career, hopefully it's not some stupid shit like that one year where special ref was in the career mode, but not selectable as a match.

I'll have a search around. When you say table matches, do you mean in general? Because they are in on one on one, but they're not triple-threat/Four way/tag from what I've seen. Hope I'm wrong on that one.

If you've seen it in career, hopefully it's not some stupid shit like that one year where special ref was in the career mode, but not selectable as a match.

Edit sorry misread
i have only seen one on one tables.........there may also be different modes for online so heres hoping they have not tally EAed it

ksdixon

we have shit like that already. both Casket and 3 Stages Of Hell match take place in HHH vs HBK Showcase Mode, but are not available in exhibition mode.

Hasney

we have shit like that already. both Casket and 3 Stages Of Hell match take place in HHH vs HBK Showcase Mode, but are not available in exhibition mode.

Shit, didn't realise casket was in the showcase mode. Three stages of hell I can understand, since it will just be 3 matches broken up by cutscenes to load the next one in.

Jamie OD

I don't get it. Surely suits WWE to release it then with Wrestlmania hype.

It helps their 4th Quarter finances to release it in November. This period is usually WWE's weakest point of the year since there are no more major events to build towards until the Royal Rumble in January.

KissVibes

Banned
Where is theclosetfan to complain about people not waiting until the real release day or whatever?

Maybe there will be a Day One update to add all these match types to the game. Maybe there will be an update to add the fun too.

What bother me is that the cuts don't really make any sense at all. I think the match types must have been one of the last things they were working on when rushing the game out the door.

I sort of dodged a bullet with this one though since I don't really play any of those modes in 3-4 player configurations. I know 16 years ago I'd be pissed since triple threat couch play was a regular thing for me and my friends in No Mercy.

The creation suite cut content hurt more even though I was expecting it.

Where is theclosetfan to complain about people not waiting until the real release day or whatever?

Maybe there will be a Day One update to add all these match types to the game. Maybe there will be an update to add the fun too.

People really need to stop shitting on theclosetfan. He didn't show any more excitement for the game than I did in the other thread yet Bobo singled him out as punching bag.

Rapstah

They should have let people play casket matches. It's weird, they've had assets for the coffin (casket???) in story mode cut scenes forever now, but I guess since they haven't had a real casket match for years they didn't feel like putting in a match type.

WWE '13 had Inferno matches available for normal play despite the only Inferno match in the story mode being a heavily scripted Kane/Undertaker one.

Top Bottom