• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JonTron Releases a Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

L Thammy

Again, can't see the video right now, but is it possible that he means that he was misconstrued as in he's actually more racist than people think he is?

JayEH

Still spewing BS.

"I said a lot of stuff that could be misconstrued in all sorts of ways"

welp.

I was hoping that a full apology and retraction would be coming. Get it together, Jon.

3DShovel

I'm probably in the minority here but I generally think that this statement was OK.

Also, people pulling the 'scum of the earth' card are not being any better than his original statement.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Yeah, no. It doesn't fly, Jonny.

I was never a subscriber of this guy, but I even unsubbed from Did You Know Gaming, which is part of his Normal Boots network. I'm not giving this guy any click, directly or indirectly.

I'm probably in the minority here but I generally think that this statement was OK.

Also, people pulling the 'scum of the earth' card are not being any better than his original statement.
no, they are

they are not calling him scum of the earth because of his genetics, they are calling him scum of the earth because of his words and deeds.

seriously, calling out people's shitty behaviour is not the same as being racist.

faridmon

Thats not even an apology, What an ugly piece of shit.

I know you have a shit life, but hope this makes your life even shittier.

Trace

Banned

Bullshit. If someone is being a racist and gets called on it, the person calling them on it is not just as bad. That kind of bullshit false equivalency is what the alt-right thrives on.

Brakke

Banned
I gave this dude sixty seconds out of curiosity and that's not gunna cut it, dude. "I did a racism by accident I'm just misunderstood". Nah, man.

Sir TapTap

also these youtubers really need to stop blaming the media

these people have so many kids watching them, can't go any youtube video about the wsj without FAKE NEWS PEWDS ARMY REPORTING IN shit

eroding confidence in trusted news sources = how we get trump.

Yeah, but that's exactly what they want. All this "politically neutral" shit in the face of trump just means they support trump but don't want to admit it. He's 100% for trump, the racism should make that clear enough.

Ah yes, the "calling someone racist is actually WORSE than being racist" card, tell me more

Gardios

I want my 4 and a half minutes back. What a non-statement. At least have enough of a spine to own up to what you said and not make some lame as fuck excuses for it.

kadotsu

Banned
So what does he really think, because this video is just a reaffirmation of all the shit he spewed. Also invoking context is such a tired deflection strategy. You were quoted verbatim and the context in which you made the statements were given. It was still appalling .

Gator86

If you flustered because you didn't prepare for something, panic, and your immediate response is to declare whites the superior race, I'm pretty sure you can go fuck yourself.

Savitar

He's basically saying what any racist says when they get caught, it was taken the wrong way etc.

Fuck that guy.

Yamibito

no, they are

they are not calling him scum of the earth because of his genetics, they are calling him scum of the earth because of his words and deeds.

seriously, calling out people's shitty behaviour is not the same as being racist.

Some people see things as black and white only, meaning there's criticizing and praising, bad and good, and nothing else inbetween. No other form of it, just one or the other.

"I'm not racist but....." good job saving face buddy.

The word racist has become such a scary thing for the white man that he needs more protection then the people he calls hateful slurs.

RS4-

Hahahaha fuck this guy.

Thanks OP for posting the summary so I didn't have to give this chump a view.

LionPride

Banned

Yeah no, calling a racist or person saying racist things terrible or scum is not the same as saying

"America will turn into Mexico if we're not careful"

"Ramble ramble ramble AFRICA ramble ramble ramble"

"Police force ramble Somalia doesn't have a police force"

"Rich black people commit crimes more than poor whites, look it up"

"Blacks commit more crime, why? IDGAF"

Sir TapTap

This is how you get Hitlers

I swear these people read some history book where Hitler was actually a totally reasonable guy until someone called him a racist for saying "kill all jews" then he tried to kill all jews (who could have seen it coming? so much for the tolerant left)

3DShovel

Ah yes, the "calling someone racist is actually WORSE than being racist" card, tell me more
That's not at all what I said but OK. Hate breeds hate, even if it's in different forms.

While I do think he was a little unapologetic, I don't feel he should be crucified or anything. Nor do I think he should be simply forgiven.

But let's not build people up to start sending death threats.

I don't want to cause any troubles here, so I'll remove myself from the thread.

Hey we've all been there, one second you get a little nervous and the next you're talking about the dirty foreigners polluting the the American gene pool.

Sometimes I'm trying to say one thing and then it sounds like I'm trying to say immigrants are contaminating the American White European gene pool and blacks are genetically predisposed to commit violent crime. It's probably my nervous stutter.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
"It's hypocritical for those who see everything in terms of race to suddenly turn around and object when white people speak up for what they believe are the best interests of their race."

This is probably not going to help him.
That's when I turned off the video

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
the guy should keep his political opinions to himself.
especially if you have 4M subs on youtube.
That is basically career suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom