• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pilot for cancelled live-action Trauma Team series apparently leaks

GSR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vzLeYr61dY

http://nintendoeverything.com/pilot...am-live-action-tv-series-apparently-surfaces/

Based on the Atlus video game of the same name. Four young medical prodigies are forced underground and become vigilante doctors by forming a renegade clinic to help desperate patients who have nowhere else to turn.

Nintendo Everything said:
Back in 2010, Instavision announced plans for a live-action TV series based on Atlus’ Wii game Trauma Team. Even though it sounded fairly ambitious in what all sides were hoping to achieve, it never got off the ground.

A video has now been uploaded to YouTube which seems to show the pilot. It was an early cut, meaning music and video edits were likely temporary. As for the show itself, the YouTube description states: “Four young medical prodigies are forced underground and become vigilante doctors by forming a renegade clinic to help desperate patients who have nowhere else to turn.”

Haven't had a chance to watch it myself but it looks fairly legitimate. Talk about your weird artifacts of game history - I didn't even know this was getting bandied about back in 2010.

DNAbro

I saw this earlier and thought it was pretty weird. How does something like this get leaked? Or even created? Who pitched a Trauma Team show and thought it was a good idea?

I saw this earlier and thought it was pretty weird. How does something like this get leaked? Or even created? Who pitched a Trauma Team show and thought it was a good idea?

Sounds like it was internally done by the licence holder. I'm guessing some executives realized they owned a semi-recognized brand of surgery games, and saw that medical dramas were hot... Pilots like these don't cost much to produce. They're only meant to be distributed to studios, in an attempt to sell them on the full series.

Murugo

Didn't see the entire pilot, but it seems completely disconnected from Trauma Team's plot or characters? I don't remember any of them going underground.

L Thammy

Haven't watched the video yet, but live action Trauma Team actually sounds like it could be really fun. As long as it's as zany as the original; ninja butlers making surgical incisions with katanas and all that.

i don't want to live

Just pick the scalpel and start mashing the button at random.

Haven't watched the video yet, but live action Trauma Team actually sounds like it could be really fun. As long as it's as zany as the original; ninja butlers making surgical incisions with katanas and all that.
Oh trust me, it's none of those things. Quite the opposite.

Oh shit, I assumed it was a pilot for a Japanese show, this is even worse than I imagined!

(Have they done Social Links in Trauma Team yet? If not, they need to make a new one with Social Links).

L Thammy

So, I'm trying to remember. Trauma Team had

A forensic pathologist who gets phone calls from dead people
A ninja
Superhero Elvis
The man in the iron mask
Spike Spiegel and House's love child
A plague that melts your eyeballs
A little girl getting put back together after being chopped up by a helicopter

How can you make a show based off that and not have it be the most awesome thing ever

qX3FaSz.png

Looks like a shot of the LAC+USC Medical Center early on.

Kaizer

Banned
This concept sorta exists already through the "shared universe" of NBC's "Chicago" shows. You've got:
1. Chicago Fire (Firemen)
2. Chicago PD (Policemen)
3. Chicago Med (Doctors)
4. Chicago Law (Lawyers, coming soon I think)

They have the characters crossover between the shows all the time. Personally I'm just waiting for Chicago Deep Dish, the gritty story of a Chicago Pizzeria. Not the same as "expert doctors", but yeah lol

Gobias

Banned
I don't think they paid for the rights to that Massive Attack song.

e - and they play Lose Yourself at the end? lololol

I don't think they paid for the rights to that Massive Attack song.

e - and they play Lose Yourself at the end? lololol

Temp music is used during non-final versions of a movie, it doesn't mean that it'd be used in the final cut but those are directions that the composer is going to follow to make its own music

NMFried

Yoooo instead let me get a new Trauma game on the Switch. The 3DS should have had like ten by now. And Touch Detective...

Top Bottom