• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer # 168 Scores

I did searches for this and found nothing. If it's old or if no one cares, that's fine and feel free to lock it. I get Game Informer for the previews/screenshots, mostly, but I thought people might want to see scores.

New Gen:
Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles 9.5, 9.5
Formula One: Championship Edition 8, 7.75
Armored Core 4 6.5, 6
Motorstorm 8, 8.5
Oblivion [PS3] 9.5, 9
SSX Blur 8.5, 7.5
Wii Play 7, 6.5
Sonic and the Secret Rings 5.5, 5.75
Guitar Hero II [360] 9.25, 9
UEFA Champions League 2006-7 7.5, 7.25
DDR Universe 7.5
Samurai Warriors 2: 4.75
Fuzion Frenzy 2: 2, 1.25

Old Gen:
God of War II 9.75, 9.75 GOTM
MLB 07: The Show 8.75, 8.25
Lumines Plus 7
Arena Football RTG 6.5
Chulip 3
Shining Force EXA 7.5
Burnout Dominator 8

PC:
Supreme Commander 9, 9
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes 7.5, 7.75
WoW Burning Crusade 9.75, 9.75 PC GOTM

Handhelds
Capcom Puzzle World 7.5
Sid Meier's Pirates 8
Ratchet & Clank SM 9, 8.75 Handheld GOTM
Gurumin: Monstrous Adventure 7, 7
Spectrobes 6.5, 5.5
FF VI Advance 9, 8.5
300 6.25, 7
The Warriors PSP 8.5

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Captain Glanton said:
Wii Play 7, 6.5

this is a magazine that loves to give the Mario Party games 2.0 scores while criticizing their lack of depth and overall stupidity... Do they just love motion control that much?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
levious said:
this is a magazine that loves to give the Mario Party games 2.0 scores while criticizing their lack of depth and overall stupidity... Do they just love motion control that much?
It's basically a controller with a $10 game. I would never ever ever ever purchase Wii Play if it were a standalone product, but for $10 extra, it's not a bad addition when you need an extra Wii-mote.

Wii Play, quite possibly the worst Wii game to be released so far: 7, 6.5
Sonic and the Secret Rings, arguably the best 3D sonic game ever: 5.5, 5.75

theBishop said:
How is GameInformer overall? Ever since the Uncharted story, I've been thinking about subscribing.

Yeah, as I said, I get it mainly for the previews and screenshots, and because it's so cheap to subscribe anyway it's worth it for that. But it doesn't compare well at all to EGM, much less to the British mags.

KarishBHR

Captain Glanton said:
I did searches for this and found nothing. If it's old or if no one cares, that's fine and feel free to lock it. I get Game Informer for the previews/screenshots, mostly, but I thought people might want to see scores.

New Gen:
Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles 9.5, 9.5
Formula One: Championship Edition 8, 7.75
Armored Core 4 6.5, 6
Motorstorm 8, 8.5
Oblivion [PS3] 9.5, 9
SSX Blur 8.5, 7.5
Wii Play 7, 6.5
Guitar Hero II [360] 9.25, 9
UEFA Champions League 2006-7 7.5, 7.25
DDR Universe 7.5
Samurai Warriors 2: 4.75
Fuzion Frenzy 2: 2, 1.25

Old Gen:
God of War II 9.75, 9.75 GOTM
MLB 07: The Show 8.75, 8.25
Lumines Plus 7
Arena Football RTG 6.5
Chulip 3
Shining Force EXA 7.5
Burnout Dominator 8

PC:
Supreme Commander 9, 9
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes 7.5, 7.75
WoW Burning Crusade 9.75, 9.75 PC GOTM

Handhelds
Capcom Puzzle World 7.5
Sid Meier's Pirates 8
Ratchet & Clank SM 9, 8.75 Handheld GOTM
Gurumin: Monstrous Adventure 7, 7
Spectrobes 6.5, 5.5
FF VI Advance 9, 8.5
300 6.25, 7
The Warriors PSP 8.5

SSX Blur finally gets a good review!

JodyAnthony said:
Wii Play, quite possibly the worst Wii game to be released so far: 7, 6.5
Sonic and the Secret Rings, arguably the best 3D sonic game ever: 5.5, 5.75

Thats like saying Revenge of The Sith is the best Star Wars movie out of the prequel trilogy.

Gigglepoo

Sonic singlehandedly made me dislike the Wii. I have recovered now, after playing Excite Truck, WarioWare and Kororinpa, but Sonic made me lose faith in the system and mankind as a whole. Some may enjoy it, but that's true with every game. Every game sells one copy. Sonic is an awful experience. Anything higher than a 2.0 is generous.

Hunahan

Banned
theBishop said:
How is GameInformer overall? Ever since the Uncharted story, I've been thinking about subscribing.

I actually tried to unsubscribe once, but they won't let you. It comes free with the EB discount card, which sometimes pays for itself if you're buying a couple things at the same time. That's how I got stuck with it clogging up my mailbox, at least.

I usually just keep it by the toilet in case I run out of paper. Seriously don't bother.

Hunahan

Banned
XSamu said:
So Shivering Isles is better then the normal Oblivion? mmm

Yes, they actually say that they believe it is. This is not an inconsistancy.

I haven't actually played the thing to be able to comment on the accuracy of this statement, but just thought I'd point out that the scores are at least reflective of their opinions, for whatever those are worth....

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Captain Glanton said:

You gotta be kidding me. They gave Sonic The Hedgehog a 6.75 and that's a wholly worse game than Secret Rings in every way. Not that Secret Rings is great by any means, but come on.

Busty

Banned
Could someone post (or direct me to) this months Game Informer rumours please? Just curious to see what's is (or isn't) happening.

Also, I did a search but couldn't find it, is there a thread with this month's EGM scores and rumours in it?

Thanks in advance, it's appreciated.

Busty said:
Could someone post (or direct me to) this months Game Informer rumours please? Just curious to see what's is (or isn't) happening.

Also, I did a search but couldn't find it, is there a thread with this month's EGM scores and rumours in it?

Thanks in advance, it's appreciated.

If you mean the April EGM, that's been out for several weeks. You might find the scores on 1up's boards someplace. The next EGM [May] won't reach any subscribers for a few weeks, I'd guess.

Top Bottom