• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SimCity V (2013, EA/Maxis) - screens/artwork [Up: Details, Should Be More March 6th]

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
A new Sim City? Hell fucking yeah. I'll definitely buy this.

Brashnir

Torn between my love for SimCity, and my hate for the current EA.

Will probably not buy, as much as it pains me to say it.

donarumo

Neo Member
I think Maxis have learned their lesson with Spore, Darkspore and Societies (I know, not Maxis but lesson still learned) on the negative side and also Sims 3 on the positive side.

My hope is they now know what we want and what works. I also think they must have been following the user base of Sim City 4 and what they've done with regard to customization. They'd be insane not to.

I have confidence SimCity V will be a return to the depth and level of customization available in SimCity 4 with the added features of an online sharing community (something that worked from Spore).

Berordn

I think Maxis have learned their lesson with Spore, Darkspore and Societies (I know, not Maxis but lesson still learned) on the negative side and also Sims 3 on the positive side.

The Sims Studio spun off from Maxis a while ago... No lessons there, Facebook integration errywhere.

Yes! I cannot wait. My inner urban planner has been waiting for a new Sim City for a while.

I just hope they don't dumb down the gameplay. If anything I want more complexity.

Lausebub

Banned
Finally! This was only a matter of time! I hope that we get a Mac version at launch. Apple should reign over the world by 2013 anyway, so it's probable.

Junie12

AWESOME!!! And here I though I have to wait for GDC for an official announcement.
Loved Sim City 4 and I hope EA follows in that game's footsteps and not the DLC infestation that is Sims 3.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
215206246_nQQh3-L-2.jpg

Great news.

Now its time for them to create Sim Golf 2.

WHOAAA

PC only or console too?!
PC/MAC only please. kthx.

Seriously though, I am pretty excited. Hopefully this is an actual simulation, and not dumbed down for consoles. Gah, only 30% done or whatever that percent was does not make me happy, but I am nonetheless excited! I have been wanting a new sim city for years... Sim City still isn't cutting it for me as far as the performance on the game is still crummy even on a newer pc/mac (yes, I have it on both... :\ ), and Rush Hour seemed like it was "rushed" and could have used some more time in the oven.

Is it wrong I'm looking forward to the OST more than the game?
Eh, I am not sure where I stand... I still have Sim City 3000 installed just so I can build cities listening to that soundtrack. Yeah, I remember playing that game at the tail end of my highschool career, starting in at like 10pm when I would get home from work, playing then until like 3:30am (not really by choice, just never looking at the clock again once I sat down).

LeleSocho

Banned
Origin only? I'm sorry but i'm not buying it... god only knows how can i have a Steam account.
I just hope for everyone who want to buy it that it will be a lot like SC4 who is the best Sim City.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
OMG!!!!!!!!!! YES! Looks amazing!

If it plays as good as it looks it should be a treat. :D

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Finally!
Kill the sims and go on with sim city!

I hope for a vita version... i want everything on vita!

If this is a resource killer, I might buy a new PC for it (gulp!)

I'd definitely buy a Wii-U version as well. The tablet could work really well with it.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Oooo I love those lighting effects!

Hopefully the core gameplay is deep, difficult, complex, and realistic. I don't want any dumbed down nonsense.

scurker

Awesome news. I just hope they learn from 4 and have the game be just as modable, that's what really made 5 shine.

I know it won't be the same without Will Wright :( but please be true... simcity 4 is particularly my favourite of all time.

Will Wright hasn't really played a major roll in a SimCity game since 2000.

Tiktaalik

I'm ultra excited that there's a new Sim City on the horizon. I'm hoping this isn't simply an obvious visual upgrade on Sim City 4 and that they've added in more features of modern cities, including mixed use residential/commercial and bike lanes.

plc268

Awesome news. I just hope they learn from 4 and have the game be just as modable, that's what really made 5 shine.

Wishful thinking. EA is going to put their grubby paws on it, lock away portions to resell later on as DLC.

We all know it's going to happen, I just don't think anyone has said it yet.

A modable game would go against their idea of DLC.

Top Bottom