• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Walmart canceling Destiny Ghost Edition pre-orders.

Zgvq8K0.jpg

Check your emails folks.

Sir TapTap

Fuck. I have a preorder with Best Buy and I kept my Amazon plain LE just in case. These seem crazy limited for a game of this stature.

Semi-sort-of wishing I pre-ordered the Dinklage edition, but practically speaking the digital version will be a lot more convenient for this type of game.

Destiny PS4 kicking that much booty? Or is the Ghost edition truly limited?

It's supposedly actually limited unlike the Halo LEs.

Ridley327

YOu know you done fucked up when you can't supply walmart with product.

There has to be more to the story here.

I imagine it's really not much more than there not being enough Ghost Editions allocated for Walmart to fulfill all the pre-orders they had taken. How long did Walmart have pre-orders available for?

Bsigg12

I got my Dinklebot on the way from Amazon. Sucks to hear for folks though. Hopefully some become available for those who really want it.

Palocca

I had a feeling this was going to happen. Walmart's really spotty with their supply checks. The same thing happened to me for the Diablo 3 LE.

just checked my email and i got a message with the header " a message from amazon.de over your order ( destiny ghost edition)" Oo....

a cold shiver went down my spine XD

thank god it just told me i can rate the game on their site now XD jesus .... this game is making me crazy.

sucks for everybody who got a cancellation email :/ i just hope it really is a limited edition. I dont want to see this Ghost edition for 80€/ $80 6 months from now.

Z3M0G

This would have nothing to do with the game itself, and something to do with the swag or packaging of this edition of the game.

D i Z

YOu know you done fucked up when you can't supply walmart with product.

There has to be more to the story here.

More like Walmart didn't cap their order limit like they were supposed to and thought that they could squeeze out stock that would go to smaller retailers, like they usually do.

FStop7

Banned
I managed to get a preorder in for the Ghost and Limited editions. I've been back and forth on which one I really want to keep. I mean, $50 for a talking toy thing that's going to gather dust. But if it really is that limited, then maybe it's worth keeping.

I'm still kicking myself for having sold two sealed collectors editions of World of Warcraft for $150 each. They're worth a lot of money now.

DryvBy

More like Walmart didn't cap their order limit like they were supposed to and thought that they could squeeze out stock that would go to smaller retailers, like they usually do.

Walmart has had a lot of screw ups on their website. Remember last year with the TVs?

LQX

It is kind of ridiculous they are limiting the pre-orders. These people want one. Limited Edition like this should essentially be limited on the basis of only those that pre-orderd gets ones, not make 1000 and that's it. I hate crap like that just as much as calling something limited like Halo LE's then mass producing hundreds of thousands of them.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Oh shit. I feel so sorry for anyone who got theirs from Walmart there and got it cancelled. That has to royally suck ass.

x-Lundz-x

Walmart has had a lot of screw ups on their website. Remember last year with the TVs?

Yes I do, because I immediately called bullshit on it and told everyone it was never going to be honored. Then people posting pics of their hauls of 2 55" Samsung TV's for 700 dollars and I went in a corner and cried.

It's supposedly actually limited unlike the Halo LEs.
This is one of my pet peeves in the industry, period. Limited that's not actually limited at all, "limited" that only get determined after pre-order numbers come in), or ones that get another printing run close to or at launch.

If it's the above it's a CE. There's no shame in calling it that. The only reasons to lie about the limited nature of something are a placebo effect of awesome for the player and some easy semi-scammy cash for retailers.

Mr Jared

Sort of killing my hope for Amazon to get more stock in for the LE (not Ghost).

I'm in the same boat. Signed up for email notifications in the event they restock, but if demand is truly that high for the $100+ edition of the game, losing hope for the less expensive versions.

I even bugged Dan Amrich on Twitter (Activision CM) and I make it a point to never bug my fellow industry types about this sort of thing. What have you done to me, Destiny? ;____;

Crazy. Walmart is usually top notch in monitoring and updating inventory. But as another suggested, they probably assumed they could strong arm more copies from another chain like Target or Best Buy.

LiK

You can find the last gen editions easily but the PS4 is pretty much sold out from demand. I don't think they are withholding anything. The initial preorder stock is gone. Not unusual.

DryvBy

Yes I do, because I immediately called bullshit on it and told everyone it was never going to be honored. Then people posting pics of their hauls of 2 55" Samsung TV's for 700 dollars and I went in a corner and cried.

#TeamProcessing

VIqNhsj.jpg

Man I'm glad I went with my gut feeling. I had cancelled this when they never sent me the codes, I knew someone was going to mess up.

I regret I didn't order from amazon when it was up even if I had to wait months for someone to pick this up for me on a trip to the states

Runus

I managed to get a preorder in for the Ghost and Limited editions. I've been back and forth on which one I really want to keep. I mean, $50 for a talking toy thing that's going to gather dust. But if it really is that limited, then maybe it's worth keeping.

I'm still kicking myself for having sold two sealed collectors editions of World of Warcraft for $150 each. They're worth a lot of money now.

I've done this same thing. Have the Ghost Edition ordered at Amazon and then an LE paid off at Gamestop. Can't decide what I want to do with the Ghost Edition. I may just hang onto it for a bit and sell it later. I don't really need it.

Top Bottom