• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming died with Shane Bettenhausen

Lets be honest. None of us care about video games anymore. Shane's presence on theweekly 1up podcast was us living our child like exuberence for video gaming vicariously through him, and now that that is gone we have nothing. The passion is gone. A new prince of Persia? Wow thanks who gives a fuck? Need for Spped and Tony Hawks pro rider no thanks you. Lets just realize this now.

tino

Banned
Well, the 1up breakup was when I stop listen to most of the gaming podcasts. That and I got a full time job.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Shane isn't dead. He's linked his brain directly into Home because Sony's version of reality is better than this one.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Never liked Shane that much nor all the "MANGOD" tomfoolery that went with his name.

Worst voice on 1up Yours. Good riddance. Hope he finds better success in product planning than bringing down my favorite podcast.

Seriously, I never saw his appeal and I was reading EGM since the Mortal Kombat 2 cover way back when.

what the fuck is this thread.

Must be spring, we're getting the yearly "guess i gotta give up videogames" and "videogames are dead" people coming out of the woodwork since things are a little slow. :lol

Punch-Out!! and Bionic Commando this week!

The only reason I can see someone being disappointed in 1up without Shane is if they're one of those crazy PS3 cultist fans.

SonOfABeep said:
what the fuck is this thread.

Must be spring, we're getting the yearly "guess i gotta give up videogames" and "videogames are dead" people coming out of the woodwork since things are a little slow. :lol

Punch-Out!! and Bionic Commando this week!

The only reason I can see someone being disappointed in 1up without Shane is if they're one of those crazy PS3 cultist fans.

Bionic Commando sucks

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I've never once listened to anything from this Shane chap and I'm just excited about gaming as I ever have been.

Bootaaay said:
I never listened to a 1up podcast - why does all of GAF have a man-crush on this Shane guy?
He was a sensationalist on the podcasts with good gaming credentials and he was a pretty good journalist.

Bootaaay said:
I never listened to a 1up podcast - why does all of GAF have a man-crush on this Shane guy?

The answer lies in his devotion to Sony and this forum's general hard-on for anything the Playstation brand produces, quality or not.

I said it!

smurfx

get some go again
i've stopped caring about video games about 3 years ago. i still read gaming gaf but only to keep up with what's happening. the news is more exciting to me than the games themselves. especially when e3 roles around and people here have meltdowns.

voltron

heh I kind of agree.

Not about the games part. I still play way too many waste chunks of days playing when I should be developing real estate investment portfolio to make me rich.

But it almost pains me to say that I really dont enjoy 1upyours as much any more.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I literally had a dream with Shane in it last night. I'm not one of those 1up fanboys who thinks about that world too much but there he was. I dreamt he had an official Nintendo-made Wii disk with every Virtual Console game on it, and I was planning to steal it somehow. I would never steal from someone like that in real life, but I was totally ready to rob dream-Shane last night. shame. :/

My dudelove for Shane Bettenhausen is thoroughly documented. Haven't listened to a 1Up podcast since his departure. Sometimes he was a little over-the-top, sometimes he was an idiot, but he was a lovable idiot. Our idiot.

And the other 95% of the time he was the best thing to happen to fake radio since Orson Welles.

Mar

SonOfABeep said:
Jeremy Parish > Shane Bettenhausen.

He knows more, is a better writer, and has better taste in games.

eyes.gif

Top Bottom