• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia announced (NA)

Weevilone

Winners don't do Amazon (another victim claimed).

Yeah I definitely try to do Best Buy GC but in this case Nowinstock.net failed me. The good news is that when I finally realize all this stuff is dumb and throw it in the recycle bin, none of this will matter.

fernoca

If anyone is willing to part ways with some of the additional content of the LE, for around $60 let me know.

I just want the artbook, pins and soundtrack. XD

Not the box or game with reversible cover.

I might be getting a second LE that I forgot to cancel. I'll let you know what pans out
So...Amazon just put some on sale, so ended ordering one for $47.99. Guess I'll have the game and box too. XD

Thanks anyway.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help.

I got the UK limited edition (the massive wtf box) and can't seem to get the pin box back into it's cardboard indent at the top of the box.
When I try and close the lid it's as if the pin box is too big. Is there a method to this?

Sorry if I sound like a total idiot.

Purdy

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could help.

I got the UK limited edition (the massive wtf box) and can't seem to get the pin box back into it's cardboard indent at the top of the box.
When I try and close the lid it's as if the pin box is too big. Is there a method to this?

Sorry if I sound like a total idiot.

Did the same thing, white insert that holds game/amiibos catches on one of bottom cardboard edges, wiggle it about and push down, should sit well below the art book

-NeoTB1-

Got my dented corner Amazon copy today!

Thanks for the envelope and the thoughtless packaging Amazon.

Sucks. I've been buying games almost exclusively via Amazon for several years now and not once received something in that condition. Well, other than a Warehouse item which clearly stated it had blemishes. Guess I'm one of the outliers.

But yeah, my copy arrived today and I'm very pleased with it. I can't wait to get started!

jrcbandit

I just assumed since it is a large sized limited edition, Amazon wouldn't be stupid enough to send it in a padded envelope. HAHA, of course it was still sent in a padded envelope and got damaged.

Zaventem

Could anyone post a pic of the US LE with a game case for scale? I'm thinking about sending the Euro monstrosity back and getting the US one.

Since EU has the amiibo pack ins it i'm guessing it's much larger width wise but it still looks huge as shit to me.

Naux6HN.jpg

oHVB0kQ.jpg

EloNoolah

Received mine from Amazon in the dreaded paper envelope and the bottom corners of the box and the art book are crushed up. Everything else is fine and the box isn't that big a deal to me but the state of the art book really upsets me. Do y'all think there's a chance I could get a replacement for just the book from Nintendo or should I try getting a replacement for the entire set from Amazon?

t26

Received mine from Amazon in the dreaded paper envelope and the bottom corners of the box and the art book are crushed up. Everything else is fine and the box isn't that big a deal to me but the state of the art book really upsets me. Do y'all think there's a chance I could get a replacement for just the book from Nintendo or should I try getting a replacement for the entire set from Amazon?

You can get a replacement from amazon, but chances are they will be ship the same way.

Effect

Yeah the US LE is massive because of the size of the included artbook.

Not sure how I missed just how big the art book is. Checked my mail today and was handed this big mailing envelop. I wasn't sure what it was until I hoped it and saw the Fire Emblem box. Welcome surprise.

Won't be touching the game for a while but wanted to make sure I got the LE edition as I got Fates. Really enjoy these.

Edit:

One of the corners was a little pushed in at the tips but not to big of an issue.

Holy SHIT is the artbook disappointing. They made this thing look so much more substantial in the photos than it actually is. I was so excited to have an artbook full of Hidari's gorgeous character designs, but this thing looks like it barely runs 50 pages.

I'm distraught, brehs. :-(

Reki

Holy SHIT is the artbook disappointing. They made this thing look so much more substantial in the photos than it actually is. I was so excited to have an artbook full of Hidari's gorgeous character designs, but this thing looks like it barely runs 50 pages.

I'm distraught, brehs. :-(

I felt the same. Funny considering I wouldn't be as dissapointed if it had smaller dimensions but more pages.

I was spoiled by the artbooks of Bravely Second and Awakening last year.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I felt the same. Funny considering I wouldn't be as dissapointed if it had smaller dimensions but more pages.

I was spoiled by the artbooks of Bravely Second and Awakening last year.

I feel like I'm the only one that never goes in with full artbook expectations. Things like Bravely Second are suuuuuuper rare, yet everytime people get disappointed when the artbooks aren't a full 200-pg $40 msrp arbook. I actually get surprised when we DO get a full-sized artbook.

I'm going to guess that this artbook is similar in length to the old NISA ones that were large and hardcovered.

PSFan

My LE arrived from Amazon today in perfect condition. And it came in a large padded envelope. So it doesn't happen to everyone.

Credo

Got mine from Amazon just now. It came in a large, grey, padded envelope. The bottom corner was smushed in and there was a 6-inch or so crease running up from that corner across the middle.

Somehow, I had forgotten that I also ordered a copy from Gamestop, so I was surprised to find a package from them in a large box with the game inside, surrounded in layers of air pillows. It was in pristine condition. I guess it's time for me to stop hating on Gamestop.

Amazon isn't the only problem.

Received my best buy order today, and it was obviously packed by an idiot. Bubble mailer, smashed to hell.

Anybody want it? I'll call it $60 shipped media mail, in a box to alleviate any additional damage.

I'll post pictures if somebody doesn't claim it before I can get them taken and uploaded.

More here:
http://imgur.com/a/OSVeU

Thanks to AlexFlame116 for the assist.

I feel like I'm the only one that never goes in with full artbook expectations. Things like Bravely Second are suuuuuuper rare, yet everytime people get disappointed when the artbooks aren't a full 200-pg $40 msrp arbook. I actually get surprised when we DO get a full-sized artbook

See, I generally don't expect this. However, in this case, the photos Nintendo used to advertise the LE definitely made the artbook look more substantial than what you normally get in the average collector's edition. Hell, even the artbook in the photo on the back of box looks much thicker than the actual thing, lmao.

Amazon isn't the only problem.

Received my best buy order today, and it was obviously packed by an idiot. Bubble mailer, smashed to hell.

Anybody want it? I'll call it $60 shipped media mail, in a box to alleviate any additional damage.

I'll post pictures if somebody doesn't claim it before I can get them taken and uploaded.

http://imgur.com/a/OSVeU

Hmm. Seems like imgur "simplified" the format, and now I can't get it to work, but that link should take you to the album.
Try this.
mpye17V_d.jpg

Got my amiibo from GameStop. I think I'm developing a big problem. I always want things to look their best so I was poring over the amiibos to see which one looked best.

Crap...

B.K.

I got my LE today from Gamestop. It was in a box, so it wasn't damaged, but there were a few places on the back of the box where the color got rubbed off the game's box because it was in a cardboard box with no padding and could move around.

I got my LE today from Gamestop. It was in a box, so it wasn't damaged, but there were a few places on the back of the box where the color got rubbed off the game's box because it was in a cardboard box with no padding and could move around.
Yeah same thing happened to mine. It's not TOO bad but it is disappointing to me. Wish they had given it some padding.

Mozendo

Was supposed to get my copy today, amazon delayed it by a day which frustrates me since I was going to give it to my girlfriend who's leaving to canada early in the morning tomorrow. Amazon hung up on me talking about it too :S

Reki

I feel like I'm the only one that never goes in with full artbook expectations. Things like Bravely Second are suuuuuuper rare, yet everytime people get disappointed when the artbooks aren't a full 200-pg $40 msrp arbook. I actually get surprised when we DO get a full-sized artbook.

I'm going to guess that this artbook is similar in length to the old NISA ones that were large and hardcovered.

Agreed, we´re not getting a full artbook for this price, and we shouldn't expect to. But I would have preferred the format of the ones that came with FE Fates or TMS#FE. Seeing a big, hardcover format made me think it was meatier.

I will say the Sound Selection is great though. 30 tracks is unusual. And the pins look nice too, although I don´t know where to put them.

Picked up my LE from Gamestop earlier today. Again, if I can have piece of mind of non-damaged stuff if it means missing out on 20% off, I'll take piece of mind.

IMG_1221_zpsnueryybi.jpg

Adamator

Like most here, my LE was shipped in a damned Bubble mailer from Amazon and damaged because of it.

I swear, every time. Every single time. I've had them ship me TINY items in huge ass boxes that are so overprotective it's stupid, yet every single time I get a collector's Edition from them, it's damaged in some way.

The good news at least is when I write to them about it, they always take care of me. Such was the case this time as well.

If any of you got a crushed box, try writing Amazon about it. YMMV of course, but I was offered the option for a exchange (since they *Surprise* have them in stock), or to keep my item for a discount. I ended up going with the latter, though they did not initially say how much the discount would be, but it ended up being 50% off. I can live with that.

I got mine shipped from Best Buy. It was in a big box, but when I opened it, there was no padding or protection or anything. Only one of the corners got dented just a little bit so I'm not terribly upset, but why use an oversized box if you're not going to put anything else in there? They shipped the amiibo duo separately and that had air packet bags in with it. Kinda funny since I don't care about amiibo packaging.

Like most here, my LE was shipped in a damned Bubble mailer from Amazon and damaged because of it.

I swear, every time. Every single time. I've had them ship me TINY items in huge ass boxes that are so overprotective it's stupid, yet every single time I get a collector's Edition from them, it's damaged in some way.

The good news at least is when I write to them about it, they always take care of me. Such was the case this time as well.

If any of you got a crushed box, try writing Amazon about it. YMMV of course, but I was offered the option for a exchange (since they *Surprise* have them in stock), or to keep my item for a discount. I ended up going with the latter, though they did not initially say how much the discount would be, but it ended up being 50% off. I can live with that.
Dang. They only offered me 30%. I ended up taking it like half an hour before they popped back in stock. So I just ordered a new one. We'll see what it looks like when it shows up and I'll just return the crappier one.

Alex

Mine came from best buy, as I missed the boat on Amazon. Was packed super well though, large box with tons of air packets. Normally I don't like best buy but kudos on the shipping.

Seems weird how much it varies from person to person.

Mine came from best buy, as I missed the boat on Amazon. Was packed super well though, large box with tons of air packets. Normally I don't like best buy but kudos on the shipping.

Seems weird how much it varies from person to person.

I think that's mostly down to different warehouse where employees are evaluated based on packages shipped. If you get lucky you get someone who cares enough to not put laundry detergent on top of something fragile.

Top Bottom