• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - April 2013

M3d10n

Can someone check the price for Code of Princess in the NA eShop? It got a nice price drop in the Brazil eShop (from R$ 82 to R$ 60, which is a little under US$30).

I'm not sure if this is an actual wide sale or if ATLUS is experimenting with their prices in the Brazil eShop. I found another price drop: Hotel Transylvania dropped from R$50 to R$39.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone check the price for Code of Princess in the NA eShop? It got a nice price drop in the Brazil eShop (from R$ 82 to R$ 60, which is a little under US$30).

I'm not sure if this is an actual wide sale or if ATLUS is experimenting with their prices in the Brazil eShop. I found another price drop: Hotel Transylvania dropped from R$50 to R$39.
Canadian eShop: $29.99 as of 15 seconds ago.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member

To echo the above post, $29.99 in USA.

JavyOO7

All those sales on the eShop. I wished they all extended for a few more weeks. Sucks being poor. ):

That said, I'm happy the sales aren't limited to one or two of them this time. There's a whole mess of them! Good job there, NOA. I did get ATV Wild Race yesterday with money I found on my piggy bank, so I'll make sure to note on CN that I got that game because of the sale going on.

Hopefully more sales are coming soon!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Really tempted by a lot of these sales. I still kind of want to hold out for Kirby's Adventure being a Club Nintendo offering :/ heavily considering Art of Balance Touch and Tokyo Crash Mobs. Interested in Fluidity too, but wish it was cheaper.

Erethian

All those sales on the eShop. I wished they all extended for a few more weeks. Sucks being poor. ):

That said, I'm happy the sales aren't limited to one or two of them this time. There's a whole mess of them! Good job there, NOA. I did get ATV Wild Race yesterday with money I found on my piggy bank, so I'll make sure to note on CN that I got that game because of the sale going on.

Hopefully more sales are coming soon!

It's what happens when NoA and NoE give full price control to publishers and independent developers. Now they just need to communicate the sales better. Like there should be a way on the eShop (3DS or Wii U) to find out all the games currently on sale, and it should be one of the first things you see on the store front. Much like how Steam has a "Specials" category on the front page.

Drago

It's what happens when NoA and NoE give full price control to publishers and independent developers. Now they just need to communicate the sales better. Like there should be a way on the eShop (3DS or Wii U) to find out all the games currently on sale, and it should be one of the first things you see on the store front. Much like how Steam has a "Specials" category on the front page.

Seriously. Now that sales are a very common thing on 3DS, they should put a permanent sales category on the bottom row of the eShop.

NoA should just rehaul their eShop to be much more like the superior organized Europe eShop. NA eShop is a giant mess :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
$10 more and it's time to rebuy it!
Is Code of Princess any good? I've heard it's rather short, and has lots of... how to say it? Anime-like cleavage. Not that it bothers me, mind you, but I'm not a fan of that kind of art style.

I can't believe that Nintendo hasn't discovered how to do that yet. And there's no way (that I know of) to see all available demos either.

Is Code of Princess any good? I've heard it's rather short, and has lots of... how to say it? Anime-like cleavage. Not that it bothers me, mind you, but I'm not a fan of that kind of art style.
I really enjoyed it, though it has to be played in 2D mode. To be honest, I didn't get enough time with it to be really specific. All of my physical 3DS games got stolen last year, along with my 3DS. Nintendo replaced all of my download games, but (obviously) couldn't replace the cards.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I really enjoyed it, though it has to be played in 2D mode. To be honest, I didn't get enough time with it to be really specific. All of my physical 3DS games got stolen last year, along with my 3DS. Nintendo replaced all of my download games, but (obviously) couldn't replace the cards.

Damn man, that really sucks :(

L Thammy

The story might be considered short, I guess. It's a beat em up game. But there's a lot of missions and multiplayer stuff.
The main character's clothes are completely ridiculous but it's generally more cute than sexy. Go to Google image search and look for Solange, Zozo, and Ali. Those are the worst of it.

The stages are all short, bite-sized things where you fight either a wave of enemies or a boss. The main problem is that it isn't balanced for all characters. It's fine if you're playing the main character, perhaps a little slow, but if you're playing as Ali you'll find enemies can counterattack you during your combos. And she's the fast character.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That's terrible, man. I'm glad that Nintendo replaced your downloadable games, but it totally sucks for the console, physical games and the situation you went through.

Do you mean that 3D looks bad on it? I may grab it someday, if it is as fun as you say.

The story might be considered short, I guess. It's a beat em up game. But there's a lot of missions and multiplayer stuff.
The main character's clothes are completely ridiculous but it's generally more cute than sexy. Go to Google image search and look for Solange, Zozo, and Ali. Those are the worst of it.

The stages are all short, bite-sized things where you fight either a wave of enemies or a boss. The main problem is that it isn't balanced for all characters. It's fine if you're playing the main character, perhaps a little slow, but if you're playing as Ali you'll find enemies can counterattack you during your combos. And she's the fast character.
So you mean that there are several characters which are borderline unplayable and/or not worth using?

Hearing that it has extra missions and multiplayer sounds nice. I don't mind if it's short as long as it's good enough during the time it lasts, and replayability is always a plus.

L Thammy

So you mean that there are several characters which are borderline unplayable and/or not worth using?

Well, most of the enemies and bosses you fight are playable in the bonus quests. The enemies are fluff and don't have a lot of attacks. A lot of them are really similar to each other too. The bosses and additional characters are fine.
In the story mode, you have four characters. One of them is probably the best character in the game, one of them is terrible.

BowieZ

Banned
Has anyone downloaded Riding Stables 3D - Rivals in the Saddle or My Riding Stables 3D - Jumping for the Team?
lol

What's with the bizarrely euphemistic subtitles?

zroid

Banned
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - MAY 2, 2013

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Virtual Console™ on Wii U™

PAC-MAN® – Control iconic character Pac-Man as you navigate through mazes, eating Pac-Dots and simultaneously avoiding devious ghosts. Warp from one edge of the maze to the other using tunnels, or eat a Power Pellet to turn the tables and make the ghosts vulnerable. Earn extra points to achieve the high score and see how far you can get before losing all your lives.

MEGA MAN™ – Join the blue bomber in his first ever adventure as he battles the evil Dr. Wily and his robotic henchmen. Mega Man is a super robot created by the genius scientist Dr. Light. When another scientist by the name of Dr. Wily goes rogue with an army of six of his own devious Robot Masters, it's up to Mega Man to put a stop to his nefarious plot by traversing a series of stages rife with enemies, traps and perilous platform challenges. Mega Man was originally released for the Nintendo Entertainment System™ in 1987.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS™

BearShark – BearShark, the hit animated 3D series exclusively on Nintendo Video™, has inspired a game. Play as Steve, last of his bloodline, as you run, jump and swim for your life from the top predators of land and sea.

Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS™

Balloon Fight™ – Don't be fooled by the simple premise of Balloon Fight: Underneath the game's cute exterior you'll find a surprisingly challenging game with strategy to spare. After mastering the easy-to-learn controls, you will have to get a grip on the game's impressively realistic physics and ever-increasing enemies and environmental hazards like lightning and water.

Nintendo eShop Sales

Nintendo Games – For a limited time, Pushmo™, 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure™, Dillon's Rolling Western™, Fluidity: Spin Cycle and Tokyo Crash Mobs™ are on sale in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. The sale ends May 9 at 9 a.m. PT.

Games by Shin'en – For a limited time, Art of Balance TOUCH!, Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!, Nano Assault Neo and Nano Assault EX are 30 percent off exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. The offer ends May 9.

Zen Pinball 2 – Zen Pinball 2 is your home for nonstop pinball action. Featuring an exciting lineup of pinball tables, including Marvel Pinball™ and Plants vs. Zombies™ pinball, as well as a collection of original designs, there is a table for everyone. For a limited time, all Marvel Pinball tables are 50 percent off exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS Wii U Download Zen Pinball 2 for free by 9 a.m. PT on May 9 to get all Marvel Pinball tables at the discounted price.

Marvel Pinball 3D – Marvel Pinball 3D is the ultimate super hero pinball experience, featuring original tables based on legendary characters from the Marvel Universe. Zen Studios is celebrating the theatrical release of Iron Man 3 with a Marvel Pinball 3D sale. For a limited time get the game for 50 percent off exclusively in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS until 9 a.m. PT on May 9.

Also new this week:

TANK! TANK! TANK! (DL) (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Kung Fu Rabbit (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Gummy Bears Magical Medallion (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

My Riding Stables 3D - Jumping for the Team (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Armageddon Operation Dragon (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS / DSiWare™ on Nintendo DSi™)
To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://news2know.net/nintendo/downloadLbdz5CjQ.php.

rjc571

Banned
As far as I can tell, Armageddon: Operation Dragon is a game where you ride a dragon through outer space to stop an asteroid from hitting the earth. SOLD!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Haha, oh my. But at least it's three Virtual Console games this week. After all, who doesn't want Balloon Fight for $4.99 on their 3DS now?

serplux

Decent week. Getting Denpa Men 2 and Mario and Donkey Kong later this month, so don't have a ton of room allocated for other digital stuff.

Haha, oh my. But at least it's three Virtual Console games this week. After all, who doesn't want Balloon Fight for $4.99 on their 3DS now?

No more ambassador games though!

Tank! Tank! Tank! :D

That plus updating MM1/BF is it for me this week.

So no Wii Virtual Console this week, but Mega Man for Wii U.....

I'm still waiting for Mega Man 6 on Wii VC Nintendo.
And MMX3. They're not happening though, hopefully they will on Wii U VC (along with Demon's Crest, Mighty Final Fight, NES Strider, etc, etc).

sakipon

There's a notice in the Euro eShop: Marvel Pinball 3D demo will be removed next Thursday. Wonder why?

Atleast they let people know beforehand.

Yay Tank! :D

I was just wondering yesterday if we'd ever get the freemium DL version in NA. Now when I get a Wii U I can play it for free and grab the paid DLC if I really want to, the game otherwise should have no play limits ala demos, excite!

Also excited to download the update for Balloon Fight on eShop so now all my NES Ambassador games are updated. :)

Still dying for GBA games... :'(

Roto13

I'm still dying for Game Boy games. Doesn't 3DS have enough NES games now?

The 3DS had enough NES games when it had 0 NES games. Releasing fewer Game Boy games in favour of NES games that I could play on my Wii if I was interested was always something I was afraid was going to happen, and I was right. :(

Jackano

Fantastic Four Table — ($2.17 – 50% off until May 9th)

Captain America Table — ($2.17 - 50% off until May 9th)

Civil War Table — ($2.17 - 50% off until May 9th)

Any recommandation out of those 3?

I'm still dying for Game Boy games. Doesn't 3DS have enough NES games now?

I wonder what happened there. Were GB sales that bad that no-one wanted to make the effort to get their games on the 3DS VC? I mean, the library of really great games isn't that large, but there are a lot more still to go before the GB/GBC libraries are exhausted.

EDIT:

Checking, I see that Europe has 50 games between the GB and GBC, but GB releases came to a halt back in October 2012, and we've gone over a month without a new GBC release. It seems like the NES releases became far more regular when the GB releases halted and they're continuing pretty strongly now.

Top Bottom