• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonkers Amazon.com PSN Deals

Via Kotaku, have some silly PSN deals. All of these are for the PS3 version, but some come with cheap upgrades to the PS4 version. All of these are for the US versions, so international folk see the instructions at the bottom.

Live Now
GTA V $34

Thursday
CoD Ghosts $40 (can be upgraded to PS4 version for $10)
CoD: Ghosts + Season Pass $90 (can be upgraded to PS4 version for $10)
Assassin's Creed 4 $34 (includes $5 credit, can be upgraded to PS4 version for $10)
FIFA 14 $40
Lego Marvel Super Heroes $30

For three hours from Thursday 9:10 EST
Now live, deal ends in:
t1385701800z1.png

Battlefield 4 $25 (includes $5 credit, can be upgraded to PS4 version for $10)
Battlefield 4 + Premium $75 (includes $10 credit, can be upgraded to PS4 version for $10)

Once the above timer runs out, the prices will change to:
Battlefield 4 $30 (includes $5 credit, can be upgraded to PS4 version for $10)
Battlefield 4 + Premium $80 (includes $10 credit, can be upgraded to PS4 version for $10)

(do note that the credit is for Amazon's PSN store, although they also sell PSN credit. If you upgrade a game to its PS4 version, you'll still have the PS3 version).

Oh and US PS+ will be $30 on Amazon on Black Friday.

International folk: you'll need a US address (preferably in a state that doesn't charge tax for digital purchases, such as Delaware), and a dummy US PSN account. Stick the US address in the Amazon address book, splash the cash, and activate the codes on the US PSN account. Log into your dummy account, download the games, and then switch to your regular account to play them. Do note that last step won't work on a Vita or a PSP, so don't buy any handheld stuff with this method.

Pastry

Banned
Grimløck;91564678 said:
Battlefield 4 for the PS4 is essentially $30? Is it worth it with all the crashes and connectivity issues?

I'd say it's definitely worth it now. It's still not perfect but significantly better, a ton of fun problems aside.

Excellent this needs to become a thing...light the fire under sony's ass and finally undercut retail.

This may be why Sony established this partnership in the first place. Allows them to undercut retail pricing on PSN, by using Amazon as the "bad guy."

gryz

Banned
Grimløck;91564678 said:
Battlefield 4 for the PS4 is essentially $30? Is it worth it with all the crashes and connectivity issues?

its been working well for me since last week (with an occasional crash every once in a while) but its pretty great

shem935

Banned
Grimløck;91564678 said:

It's gotten a lot better. Played for 5 or so hours yesterday without a crash. Still some major bugs though.

Grimløck;91564678 said:

I've put over 80 hours since launch and have had a ton of fun (when it works)

Grimløck;91564678 said:

Yeah, definitely. It's playable, but still getting ironed out.

Also, $34 + $10 to get PS4 version of Black Flag - yay or nay?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
for the PS3 to PS4 upgrade, do you need to do anything on the PS3 side?

For example if i dont own a ps3, can i do the upgrade with just a ps4?

there should be an upgradeable title on the ps4 psn store. and i think there is a redeem code with ps3 version. you will know you did it right if you can buy the upgrade version on the store.

Does this apply to digital versions of games or just physical?

I believe all of the deals mentioned are available digitally. There's a couple of others (notably, Last of Us for $30) that's physical only.

Oh well, i guess it was a good thing i couldn't get it last weekend; now i can get it cheaper :)

Edit. Wait, it's the PS3/360 version or the next gen one?

Everything's the PS3 version.

I forgot to ask, are the games region free for PS4?

Like for example if I buy BF4 on the US account, will it act like a UK version of BF4 along with the DLC when played on the UK account?

casmith07

Grimløck;91564678 said:

$30 entry for a game that's $59.99 I think is worth it even if you have to wait another month for everything to be working 100%.

I'm diving in at that price.

I forgot to ask, are the games region free for PS4?

Like for example if I buy BF4 on the US account, will it act like a UK version of BF4 along with the DLC when played on the UK account?

Yes, as long as you downloaded the stuff on your US account.

Bad7667

Do these codes work on a Canadian PSN?

Edit: When I click on the link, AC4 shows up as $51.28, is the deal over?

Edit2: I'm dumb and didn't read. Sorry.

LQX

Nice. BF4 will be my first not-part-of-PSN+ digital PS4 game. Hopeful they don't run out of digital codes in that 3 hour span.

Edit- Do you need a PS3 to upgrade to the PS4 version?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

How does the upgrade work? I don't have a PS3, can I still take advantage of these deals?

how do i upgrade the digital bf4 version to a ps4 version?
I think when you redeem the Amazon code on PSN it'll flag your account as eligible for the upgrade discount. You can then purchase the PS4 version by going either here or to the PS3 | PS4 section on the PS4 Store.
Are the the PS3 versions still playable if I upgrade to the PS4 version?

Yes.

DedValve

Banned
Question, is the performance plus graphics a big enough leap from PS3 to PS4 on ACIV?

I can get by the graphics (although I really wanted to be wowed which I doubt the PS4 version would have done anyways) but I just want a smooth experience. No hiccups.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Excellent this needs to become a thing...light the fire under sony's ass and finally undercut retail.
They're busy doing just that. Sony's been the most progressive of the big three in terms of offering digital games. At least in my experience.

UNCMark

Banned
how do i upgrade the digital bf4 version to a ps4 version?

On the PS4 store if you have the PS3 version in your purchase history, it will allow you to buy the 10 dollar upgrade version of the game. For instance there are 2 versions of BF listed on the PS4 store. 59.99 and Upgrade. It wont let me buy the upgrade right now, but it would if it were in my history.

I thought the upgrade thing was only for physical PS3 copies to digital PS4 copies and that you needed to leave the PS3 disk in the drive? So they definitely have a digital only upgrade option?

Yep, digital only upgrade option has been long confirmed.

So I redeem the PS3 code from Amazon on Sony's website, then go to my PS4 and buy the upgrade? Something along those lines?

Yes.

HORRORSHØW

Question, is the performance plus graphics a big enough leap from PS3 to PS4 on ACIV?

I can get by the graphics (although I really wanted to be wowed which I doubt the PS4 version would have done anyways) but I just want a smooth experience. No hiccups.
I don't know how the PS3 version of AC4 fares, but the PS4 version has been smooth sailing.

Top Bottom