• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infamous SS Photo Mode |OT| If it's not bokeh, don't fix it

TheDude108

l7fvCP1l.jpg

really good fun this editor.

These detailed chain shots got me thinking...how great is God of War going to look on PS4?

To me this is the most exciting thing about this thread. I love Second Son and think it is the best game on all current gen platforms but if Sucker Punch can do this 80 odd devs, what can SSM do with their skills? Even the PS3 God Of War games look "next gen" at times. Give them the power of the PS4, a more linear less open world than Second Son and a new interesting mythology (Norse/Aztec) and I think we'll be blown away. I'm pretty certain we'll get a teaser of some sort at E3 (best way for SSM to boost their morale).

Everyone likes that third picture of mine, but I actually debated posting it, I though it was the weakest of the three. I love this one - because of the helmet formed over Delsin's face, his positin, the (natural) contrast and reflections:

6mUkGHB.jpg

You guys gotta realise... Any release this early on, has had the final SDK for less than a year. All the games we're playing are ports. On top of that, completing a game has allowed SuckerPunch some insight into their PS4 development pipeline.

The games are seriously going to get so much better. Think about the sort of refinement that occurred between Drakes Fortune and Uncharted 2.

viveks86

You guys gotta realise... Any release this early on, has had the final SDK for less than a year. All the games we're playing are ports. On top of that, completing a game has allowed SuckerPunch some insight into their PS4 development pipeline.

The games are seriously going to get so much better. Think about the sort of refinement that occurred between Drakes Fortune and Uncharted 2.

True, but all these images are not allowing me to think! You are part of the problem! :p

What in the world… o_O

This is exactly the sort of photomode all games need, especially now that sharing is such a big thing. It allows you to capture the perfect moment and actually see how much work Sucker Punch put into the game.

dygzHCl.jpg

viveks86

Guys! Remember when SP released this image and people made fun of it? Yeah…

Infamous-Second-Son-01.jpg

Whoever made that screenshot should take a long hard look at this thread and reevaluate their skill sets. :D

You guys really made some nice grabs I have to say. Been playing Diablo the last weeks but this thread certainly made me eager to go back and finish SS.

GavinUK86

Took me all day to get shots like these. I don't think i've spent so much time on a photo mode of a game. It's so addictive..

"Don't shoot! I'm just a conduit. I'm not a bio-terrorist".

13904295291_9a649a7ca6_o.jpg

13904295051_1004330f8b_o.jpg

13927469343_b02181c879_o.jpg

How are you guys getting the picture quality to a good level ? I posted one to my twitter and it was pretty poor quality

Try the PS4 app method instead of posting to any social media network:

1. Attach and send the pic to your second account or to any friend.
2. Open the PS4 app on your phone (iOS/Android)
3. Open the conversation and save the photos.
4. Upload to any non-compressing hosting site (pomf.se/minus.com etc)

The quality isn't that good this way either but sometimes a difference is noted from posting on to FB/Twitter and saving the pictures that are attached.

Nafai1123

Banned
If SP had released some of these prior to the game coming out, I would've thought they were bullshots. Playing the game you miss out on so much of the insane detail in the world.

Eldren

Amazing work, everyone. Really impressive stuff. I spent a while messing around with the photo mode, thinking I'd taken some great shots, only to realise that in every single one of them I'd left the menu open without realising. So here's a couple of others I snapped in the current mission I'm on. I still need to work out how to use the depth of field stuff properly; I did a little experimenting but I don't quite think I've got the hang of it yet.

Top Bottom