• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon for Nintendo Switch given a release date of "2018 or Later"

From Nintendo's Earning supplementary info

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170726_2e.pdf

mwBLEBT.png

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Wouldnt it be funny if pokemon released at the end of the switch life cycle.
And the better version would be om the newer gen?

This happened to me when i bought the wii u day 1 for the new zelda 😂😂

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
We knew it wasn't a 2017 title, so that's not really new information. Always was gonna be 2018 or later.

takriel

It could definitely use more time in the oven. I'm growing really tired of the Pokemon formula. They need to change a lot of things.

Thores

Don't worry we will get a new Pokemon in 2018 for New 2DS.
Pokémon took a year off in 2014, between Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and Sun/Moon. Pokemon Switch will obviously be the start of a new generation, so I think it wouldn't be too crazy if the franchise took another year in between Gens.

I'd personally be totally fine with a 2019 release.

Wouldnt it be funny if pokemon released at the end of the switch life cycle.
And the better version would be om the newer gen?

This happened to me when i bought the wii u day 1 for the new zelda 😂😂

Buying a console for a game without a single screenshot isn't à good idea, yeah.

2018 is looking likelier by the day. There's no more new Pokémon, and the anime's started actively rushing to get through the Sun and Moon story- we're basically halfway through after well less than a year.

Shirke

I wonder how high a Pokemon Switch attach rate could be, considering Zelda and Mario Kart are crazy high. Definitely will be a drop from 3DS numbers, but depending on how many Switches are out by that time, I could see 10 million being possible.

Changed the image to the NA release schedule because people were getting confused about Rabbids.

Rabbids is in the third-party section for EU/NA.

JoeM86

Completely expected.

I'm still hedging bets on 2019. It makes the most sense and fits established procedures by The Pokémon Company

Completely expected.

I'm still hedging bets on 2019. It makes the most sense and fits established procedures by The Pokémon Company
It fits "THE PATTERNS", but it doesn't fit the evidence we have before us.

Unless you think there's some other reason they're tossing off the whole of Akala Island over the course of a month in the anime?

Some Nobody

Eh. After "Stars" , I've just decided to put this on the backburner in my mind. Hype is pointless for this project. Either way, we'll know by...what, next May? That's usually how it works.

sorathecrow

Neo Member
I'm willing to bet we won't see it in '18. Unfortunately. I wish they could have had an HD remaster of SuMo for Switch out the gate.

deleted

Well, I'd love for it to make 2018 and be a fresh take on the formula, but it doesn't seem like the Switch will run out of games soon, so 2019 might be okay for me too.

Kinokou

With Pokemon selling double digits millions I can only think that a waiting for the game until the switch is at similar numbers is profitable.

AzaK

2018 or later? Eeek. That sucks. I was really hoping to finally play a mainline Pokemon game that wasn't on a stupid handheld.

JoeM86

It fits "THE PATTERNS", but it doesn't fit the evidence we have before us.

Unless you think there's some other reason they're tossing off the whole of Akala Island over the course of a month in the anime?

It even fits the patterns for everything but anime. Anime is a bit of a wildcard here due to the changes of it.
Eh. After "Stars" , I've just decided to put this on the backburner in my mind. Hype is pointless for this project. Either way, we'll know by...what, next May? That's usually how it works.

So after a baseless rumour spread by certain parties, you're deciding to ignore an actual known project?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
hopefully with a Release of SWITCH XL. bigger Screen and much bigger battery.

Most ppl assume that they will be holding this one back until they have a smaller/cheaper/more compact Switch on the market.

Love Metroid Prime 4 as TBA

But but we had to announce both at the same time!!

,,,and ? This doesnt mean much.

Top Bottom