• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations is headed to 360, PS3, PC and WiiU May 21st, 2013

xandaca

I'll be looking at the Wii U version unless the port is terrible. Wiimote compatibility would be ideal, but I doubt Capcom will put in anything beyond the minimum effort so I'll almost certainly have to make do with dual analogue.

iGl9FbNZiYXR9.gif
death @ you draggin your own fave :lol

Fantastic game on 3DS. Dunno if this is worth a double dip for me but for all those that never played it should get it if true RE game is what you like.

Most likely handheld timed exclusive
It would be really strange for Nintendo and Capcom to enter into a deal that allows the game to be ported everywhere but the Vita but I guess anything is possible right?
Maybe they're reading GAF and seeing all those people posting how much fun they're having with the system made them think that the Vita market is oversaturated.
The schadenfreude in this thread is pretty thick.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
What the fuck? I'm saying that the price is too high. It's amazing how many people frequent message boards despite clearly not being able to read.

What I'm arguing is the specific reason why I think the price is too high. Not because it once was a 3DS game -- a great game is a great game despite its plattform and RE:R is easily as good as the last numbered entries in its series -- but because it's a late port that's not offering enough new content to convince.
Firstly, there is no reason to attack my intelligence.

Secondly, that's where we disagree. Why does the number of hours that you get out of a game determine its price? I get many many hours out of a Pokemon game. That doesn't mean its price should be high. This is a handheld game with a smaller budget than a console game. It should be a good deal cheaper.

PKrockin

Amazing gif.

I'll be looking at the Wii U version unless the port is terrible. Wiimote compatibility would be ideal, but I doubt Capcom will put in anything beyond the minimum effort so I'll almost certainly have to make do with dual analogue.

It might still have gyro aiming, which was great on 3DS and there's no need to worry about the 3D sweetspot now.

Plasma

Banned
Seems a bit pricey for a port, I'll probably double dip and pick it up when the price goes down (Didn't take RE6 long).

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
So the WiiU version is going to be the best console version. Right guys?

Pikma

Banned
It seems this is the Double Dipping week for me, as I'm getting it for WiiU, this time I promise I'll play it.

Seanspeed

Banned
Cool news. I'll definitely be getting it at some point. Price seems fine if its a full-length game, which it sounds like it is.

mihon

Capcom, I'd rather a new game that was developed to be played in consoles, PC and HD... but nooo..... let's stick with the easy.

Glad that everyone is pleased by a remake / old game anyway.

wrowa

Firstly, there is no reason to attack my intelligence.

You should have thought about that before posting an arrogant, dismissve and condescending reply where you accuse me of something I haven't even said.

Due to that I'm also not interested in having a discussion with you. It's nice that you have another opinion and you are certainly entitled to have one, but I'm not going to argue with someone who clearly has shown that he's only interested in what I'm writing in order to ridicule me.

yurinka

It would be really strange for Nintendo and Capcom to enter into a deal that allows the game to be ported everywhere but the Vita but I guess anything is possible right?
Maybe they just signed an exclusivity deal for portables. I assume that Vita sales aren't a problem if it's coming for WiiU too.
Anyways it's cool to see a Capcom game in all home platforms, and released the same day.

That it isn't on Vita probably has something to do with Capcom signing 'handheld' exclusivity for some of its franchises, or perhaps its a deal where Nintendo doesn't allow Capcom to release games on Vita if they have already been published for 3DS.

Or they just don't want to port it to Vita, which I can't really believe at this point since MT Framework would make the costs of that not too great.

dani_dc

This is great news, I didn't even consider a PC version.
I'm also enjoying the trend of PC games being 10 euros cheaper than consoles, Capcom seems to finally starting to "get" the PC market, and I appreciate it.

I skipped the 3DS version but I'll be picking up the PC one.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Cool. I'll pick up the PC version.

I actually bought the American 3DS version for cheap a while back, but after picking up a Japanese 3DSLL, I just can't go back to that tiny screen. Especially for a 3D action game.

Top Bottom