• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: King of Fighters XIII Steam Release is Imminent

Grief.exe

We have been watching this registry app for a long time. Thought I would bring this to the attention of GAF as a whole.

The registry app went up months ago with the King of Fighters XII store name. Since then we have been seeing a stream of steady updates. The past couple weeks have seen multiple updates per day.

The past few days have seen new icons added, pricing options configured in the app, and metacritic page.

Last time we saw all of these additions to an app, FFVII was released

The achievements parsed from the app match the 360 release.

Should give this another go, my lord at the tutorial in the console versions. Learning the basics.....doing fine.....DO A 15 STEP COMBO WITH MULTIPLE SWITCHUPS

Magwik

Banned
Which reminds me, have the severs for Halo 2 Vista gone down yet? Still waiting for the Steam release of the Halo trilogy.

Crossing my fingers for rollback netcode. I'm not gonna hold my breath for GGPO because SNK Playmore is a Japanese company, but if we could at least get Arc System Works-level netcode, I'd be happy.

RM8

Will double dip if netcode is better. Awesome <3 More PC fighters (and this is a great one!).

Mileena

Banned
You won't fool me again SNK. Improved netcode or pass, no exceptions this time. I'll wait for a bunch of impressions instead of day 1ing like the console version -_-

Baust

I just searched "King of Fighters" on Steam and found this:

NHOyqFG.png

Is that video related? If so, looks like it's going to be called "King of Fighters XIII: Special Steam Edition."

BFA

Been waiting for KOF to be on PC legally for at least a decade. Hopefully the netcode will be much better and release 98 next.

Been waiting for KOF to be on PC legally for at least a decade. Hopefully the netcode will be much better and release 98 next.

Legally, I guess you can play that King of Fighters Korean MMO :p

But this is awesome news. I hope they go back and rerelease XI as well. I hope my purchase funds KOFXIV

Baust

It makes me wonder if we'll be getting extra characters this time around, since the port is nearly two years after the console version.

Duckking2000.gif

I miss Duck King... :(

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Here's hoping they cleaned up the netcode!

:|

Or may be they take it to the next level, remove multiplayer and just make it a single player game. They'll call it...

"KOF13: Man Vs. Robot Special Steam Edition" with steam trading cards.

It makes me wonder if we'll be getting extra characters this time around, since the port is nearly two years after the console version.

Duckking2000.gif

I miss Duck King... :(

I don't even know how I feel anymore regarding extra characters. Sure there are characters I miss but I'm afraid they might fuck something up.

Silly question, will there be a version for Steam on the Mac?

I did download the Steam software once to play that Portal game (it was free), needless to say I played that for about 15 mins before I deleted Steam (the game was incredibly boring to me), but this might tempt me to try Steaming again.

Silly question, will there be a version for Steam on the Mac?

I did download the Steam software once to play that Portal game (it was free), needless to say I played that for about 15 mins before I deleted Steam (the game was incredibly boring to me), but this might tempt me to try Steaming again.

probably not

Fighting games don't usually come to Mac unless a generous team donates their time to develop like what happened to Skullgirls

Top Bottom