• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Demo Impressions [Online Open To All]

rozay

Banned
Unless you know how have the ability to rip the Game/Demo file itself to your pc and then know how to extract the audio is a format you pc can read then know.

Protip. You cant
I suppose we'll just have to wait for the PC demo to get the ogg files then.

that, or the russians will come through again.

Gambit61

Gambit, is your link also in files like Data0000 Data0001 or do you have the game files not encrypted in the 360's format?

I ripped the data from a 360 formatted usb. It should look like this
Content\0000000000000000\45418987\00080000
with the actual demo file in 00080000. Dunno what format it is though lol.

Gambit61

Insanity ain't no joke...

It's pretty brutal.

Yeah, my friend just stopped by and had to lower it back to normal because of the enemy at the end of mission 2 lol. Then again he was trying out Vanguard for the first time, where in ME2 he was Adept.

Milly79

So I have the .iso and the .zip...I'm still not 100% certain what I should be doing?

Follow this:

Replace BF3 with ME3 and you're golden.

1. Download Horizon 360 from here.
2. Plug your flash drive into your computer and open up Horizon 360. It should automatically open it up in the program on the bottom right hand side.
3. Drag and drop the BF3 file into the window that has your flash drives contents, it should start importing.
4. Once the import is done, close the program, unplug your flash drive, plug it into your 360, then go to My Xbox > System Settings > Memory > USB Drive > Demos, and copy the BF3 Beta to your 360.
5. Once that's done, go to your game library and it should be at the top of the list.

Try this?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yeah, my friend just stopped by and had to lower it back to normal because of the enemy at the end of mission 2 lol. Then again he was trying out Vanguard for the first time, where in ME2 he was Adept.

Vanguard is really hard in this game. I switched to Assault when I decided that using up close tactics when enemies had multiple turrets wasn't happening. :lol

I wish I could skip to part 2 so I could try more classes more easily, since the game plays so differently now.

Wiggum2007

Something felt, I dunno, wonky playing the demo. Maybe I'm just not used to the controls yet but eh. Feels like ME2 in constant fast-forward.

Okay the download from Gambit does not work if you copy the "data" files straight to a usb drive. Looks like we will have to copy them to the drive extract the content folder with a USB Xplorer and inject it into out own formatted USB structure.

Testing now if it works ill write a tutorial

smr00

Banned
Fudge i wish i got this demo, i can't do the burn thing because my dvd writer on my laptop isn't working /sadface

Oh well i guess i have to wait till the 15th.

Something felt, I dunno, wonky playing the demo. Maybe I'm just not used to the controls yet but eh. Feels like ME2 in constant fast-forward.

It gets better, I felt similar in my first try, I'm in the third right now and really digging the movement, cover and all. Tempest + cryo ammo feels fantastic.

Vire

Okay, found it in quick play but now it says "Can't launch Mass Effect 3 (demo)"

e56a3.gif%20

Gambit61

Ignore the iso file, that was an accident lol.
If you burned the files I uploaded, you need to go to Games > My Games
then scroll until you see the demo.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Okay, found it in quick play but now it says "Can't launch Mass Effect 3 (demo)"

Then it looks like we have a problem - that's what it says when you try to play it on an account other than the one you downloaded it with.

My burn will be done in 3 minutes so I'll confirm it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So one of BioWare's main combat goals for Mass Effect 3 was to diminish the necessity to use a ton of guns. They wanted to make powers more useful and versatile, and the trade off of carrying less weapons for faster recharge worthwhile. So you could theoretically pimp the pistol + powers Vanguard or whatever, using more powers than guns.

Did they succeed or fail?

Vire

You guys should have gotten on my ExpertZone guide earlier. :p

So one of BioWare's main combat goals for Mass Effect 3 was to diminish the necessity to use a ton of guns. They wanted to make powers more useful and versatile, and the trade off of carrying less weapons for faster recharge worthwhile. So you could theoretically pimp the pistol + powers Vanguard or whatever, using more powers than guns.

Varying levels of success. It's certainly better than it was in ME2.

I need to do an Adept run.

smr00

Banned
You guys should have gotten on my ExpertZone guide earlier. :p

Varying levels of success. It's certainly better than it was in ME2.

I need to do an Adept run.
I have an account, had it for along time but it shows me not verified.

I even completed the quiz but it says i have to verify before i can get my code /rageface

Wiggum2007

It gets better, I felt similar in my first try, I'm in the third right now and really digging the movement, cover and all. Tempest + cryo ammo feels fantastic.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping. Honestly didn't like that the demo was like straight combat all through, hope it's not representative of the final game. Maybe I'm just burnt out on Mass Effect combat after playing so much of 2 but I feel like I had lots of "oh god another wave?" moments.

Wiggum2007

Seems so, but for the 2nd gameplay scenario (in the opening you only have a couple powers) they give you a full loadout of 4 weapons and you can't change that, which means your power recharge time is increased dramatically. So hard to get a good feel of it. Kinda annoying trying to play through as an adept and waiting like 10 seconds for Pull to recharge :/. But yeah the intro section I basically just played with the powers I had (warp, singularity, and biotic punch), with only a pistol the recharge times were extremely fast, even at a low level.

kitzkozan

I only saw a couple of video of the demo, but the power cooldown in the 1st gameplay scenario is extremely short. Having 4 weapons must impact the recharge time greatly, but an adept would probably run with small guns or mod them so that they don't cripple your usage of biotics or tech.

Why don't people just register on Expertzone? Have they stopped giving out codes?

The combat is quite tough, turrets are a pain in the arse.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yup, same message - can't be launched.

Well, looks like we gotta wait for a lucky code or all the way till Tuesday - dummy accounts, USB sticks and discs won't work with this - luckily I only use re-writables for demos.

Should've done the Expertzone thing, but this was totally unexpected with this demo thing.

shinnn

Well it is not working in the dummy account thread either. The demo is locked to the original account. =\

Forget about this guys.

Wiggum2007

Man is Vanguard Charge really disorienting for anyone else too? It's the way you just warp forward and the camera doesn't follow you forward until like the instant you hit your target.

Kimaka

I'm happy that Bioware made it quicker to see Shepard's face in-game. In ME1 and 2, I hated that they put in unskippable cutscenes that you had to watch before finding out that Shepard looks hideous in-game when they otherwise looked fine in character creation.

Top Bottom