• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! May |OT| Round 2! FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last couple issues of meandering at a worse pace aren't really in the trade that he's talking about though. And after the last issue things have actually started happening again. It was only really spinning its wheels for a couple issues.

Chairhome

Thanks, guys. I'll pick it up. Looks like a few of the new 52 trades are about $8 on Amazon. I'll probably pre-order Swamp Thing, too.

How long do you guys think it'll be before new 52 paperbacks of the things getting hardcovers come out? I kind of want flash, aquaman, and batwoman, but I don't think I want them hardcover-bad

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Animal Man TPB is good, right? I'm thinking about checking it out... my library doesn't look like its getting it, so I checked amazon. They get it next week and its only $8! Good buy, right? http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401235077/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The first five issues of Animal Man are the best five issues of any book DC has put out since the New 52 started. Buy the trade.

e: Good christ, they're only 8 US dollars!!! I think I might buy a stack of em and hand em out as gifts over the course of the year! Mother's/Father's day is coming up soon. How familially appropriate!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
How long do you guys think it'll be before new 52 paperbacks of the things getting hardcovers come out? I kind of want flash, aquaman, and batwoman, but I don't think I want them hardcover-bad

I don't think we know. For the last pre-52 stuff, it still looks like a 10-12 month wait between hardcover and softcover.

They moved Flashpoint really quickly however, like 5 months. But who knows if that's going to be anything like their schedule for the New 52. They may have just wanted to get that out and wrapped up real quick before no one cared about the event.

Why do book publishers in general print Hardback books before paperbacks?

I always assumed it was cuz they made more money that way, is this the case?

Why do book publishers in general print Hardback books before paperbacks?

I always assumed it was cuz they made more money that way, is this the case?

Yeah they do make more money on them. the markup on hardbacks easily exceeds the additional cost of making them.

EDIT: And I guess I'll wait for paperback on the new 52 ones I'm uncertain about. There's no shortage of older series I haven't finished. Hell, I still need 2 volumes of sandman.

1335906829.jpg

Phil Noto on #26 AND #27? McKone has gone from doing three issues to only one! Not that I'm complaining, Noto >> McKone.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Phil Noto on #26 AND #27? McKone has gone from doing three issues to only one! Not that I'm complaining, Noto >> McKone.

sweet. Noto is better than mckone and tochnni. i liked the first artist on uxf the most.

Nothing?? I'm getting like 13 books :( :lol.

nah. next week is supposed to be invincible, morning glories, peter panzerfaust, manhattan projects, uncanny x force and wolvie & the x-men. whew.

My debit card was compromised so tomorrow I'll be able to get Earth 2, World's Finest, GI Combat, Mind the Gap, X-O Manowar and Dial H.

Does anyone know when the Comixology store updates? Is this like Steam where it's going to 12:00 PM Pacific Time for new releases?

So suspect Fury MAX wont have a digital release and I'll have to slog out for a printed copy.

What happened to Frankenstein? I was going through some of the 52 previews and, man. Sad nosedive, art-wise.

Really impressed that Flash and Batman have stayed consistent this whole time. Batman really shouldn't work with that art style, but it so does. (Although I still don't fully back the Snyder Train. That one article about all his stories starting with the same pages kinda ruined him for me and I have yet to see a Batman writer [including Morrison] who can create a new set of enemies for Batman that are better than what he already has.)

I'm hoping Action Comics gets good this week.

I also liked that theory (this thread? last thread?) that Hope isn't Phoenix.

Also, HOLY SHIT, did you see Guedes in Secret Avengers? WHAT HAPPENED?!?! That was fucking beautiful. Total 180 from his Wolverine stuff. Amazing.

Also, dropped the two Hot Cross Bunns from my Marvel pulls. I just wasn't feeling those first two issues.

I caught up on Fatale last week and oh my goodness. Wow. Hell of a book. (lol pun internded)

Really impressed that Flash and Batman have stayed consistent this whole time. Batman really shouldn't work with that art style, but it so does. (Although I still don't fully back the Snyder Train. That one article about all his stories starting with the same pages kinda ruined him for me and I have yet to see a Batman writer [including Morrison] who can create a new set of enemies for Batman that are better than what he already has.)

I'm not looking forward to the Owls coming back in future stories. The actual enemy(ies) don't even interest me a whole lot right now.

Penguin

Seems like Comixology is currently offering the original New 52 number 1s for a buck each, if wanted to check out something missed the first time or just want to hop on.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Finally got all caught up with American Vampire.

Totally enjoyed it - a great look at American history with Vampires that are actually interesting. The latest 1950s 4 issue arc was just the coolest.

ElNarez

Banned
Seems like Comixology is currently offering the original New 52 number 1s for a buck each, if wanted to check out something missed the first time or just want to hop on.

This is a good thing DC is doing and people need to know about it. And from the wording on the site it's actually permanent. So, doubly good.

Slayven

Amazing Spiderman 685, fuck yeah. Even when the whole world is gunning for him and a hot foreign chick damn near humping his leg. Spiderman shows why he is the greatest superhero ever.

Penguin

This is a good thing DC is doing and people need to know about it. And from the wording on the site it's actually permanent. So, doubly good.

Oh didn't see the text, what does it say?
Actually, would be awesome if every 8-9 months, DC just drops the price across the board for those old comics. Great way to get folks to catch up or a second wind

ElNarez

Banned
Oh didn't see the text, what does it say?
Actually, would be awesome if every 8-9 months, DC just drops the price across the board for those old comics. Great way to get folks to catch up or a second wind

Well, it says "Now 0.99$!".

Nice. Happy I didn't pay the 2.99 for the JLA yesterday or some of the others. A lot of them were 1.99 before though, but some series seemed to be $2.99 for back issues oddly.

MARVEL RANT TIME:
GO TO DAY AND DATE DIGITAL DAMNIT! Why can't I get Fury Max and GI Combat in digital format. I really don't have the room or desire to store paper copies. Grrrr

damn... amazing you say?

really didn't want to head out in this rain -_-

I'm not sure if you would find it amazing because we like different stuff but our none cape stuff is similar.

I need Mind the Gap, Diamond delivery guys were involved in an accident so it didn't come in today.

If you live in the Northeast or especially near I-71, some of your books might not be in stores today

On April 21 at approximately 3:30 a.m., a Diamond truck was involved in a horrible head-on collision caused by a car driving in the wrong direction on Interstate 71. The driver of the car died at the scene, while the two drivers of the truck sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
Please be aware that, due to this tragic accident, a number of titles and items that were on the truck and scheduled to arrive for sale on May 2 will be unavoidably delayed.
These items –- including new product, reorders, and Free Comic Book Day titles — are now scheduled to arrive in stores with an on-sale date of MAY 9.
A partial list of the affected product, grouped by New Product and Reorders, and alphabetized by description, is given below:
AVENGERS X-SANCTION HC
BELA LUGOSI TALES FROM GRAVE #2 (RES)
DANGER CLUB #1 VAR CVR 2ND PTG
DC UNIVERSE LEGACIES TP
FANBOYS VS ZOMBIES #2 MAIN CVRS
FCBD 2012 2000 AD JUDGE DREDD SPEC (NET)
FURY MAX #1 (MR)
GARFIELD #1
MARVELS THE AVENGERS AVENGERS INITIATIVE
MIND THE GAP #1 CVR A
MIND THE GAP #1 CVR B
MIND THE GAP #1 SHARED EXC CVR
RICH JOHNSTONS THE AVENGEFULS #1
SPAWN #219
STAR TREK ONGOING #8
X-O MANOWAR (ONGOING) #1 20 COPY INCV AJA CVR (NET)

Source:
http://ifanboy.com/articles/attention-some-books-arent-in-stores-today-due-to-a-fatal-traffic-accident-involving-a-diamond-truck/

ElNarez

Banned
So, Action Comics #9. It has a massive corporation with evil lawyers swindling a Superman from the hands of its creators and corrupting its ideals for their own personal gain.

I think there might be some kind of subtext to this.

Don't think as much happened to the delivery drivers, but the guy who drove on the freeway in the wrong direction died

Still bad for the drivers who have to think about that. It's like assholes who jump in front of a train.

Is AvX any good? I figure that might be fun for a read. I'm currently in the X-Men Schism Arc that I found on Comixology.

I really wish the Marvel Comics Unlimited option had an offline component like Spotify. If I could sync and use it without an online connection I'd sign up again in a heartbeat.

Hero

Just read Avengers vs X-men #3. How does Marvel get away with this? There was hardly anything going on at all. Where are the character fights?

the chris

Just read Avengers vs X-men #3. How does Marvel get away with this? There was hardly anything going on at all. Where are the character fights?

You'll need to buy the other series that Marvel has going on to get the fights, at only $3.99 a pop these things deliver action in the Mighty Marvel Manner that you have come to expect from the House of Ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom