• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popular fitness Youtuber quits due to 4chan shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Why did 4chan target him?

I believe the answer for this question will always be "for the lulz".

Sucks that I just heard about him after this development. I want to get more serious about my fitness so his old YT videos might be a good springboard for me.

U2NUMB

Anyone have any info on why the heck they would go after this guy? Never seen him before but he seems genuine.

Vyroxis

Banned
Why did 4chan target him? OR what exactly did they do?

Who they decide to ruin is pretty random. The probably targeted him because he actually knows his stuff, and it didn't jive with some of terrible fitness gurus that reside on their health board.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Who they decide to ruin is pretty random. The probably targeted him because he actually knows his stuff, and it didn't jive with some of terrible fitness gurus that reside on their health board.

From what I'm seeing on /fit/, he actually posted a little bit on 4chan.

/fit/ is in civil war right now.

Folks on /fit/ say that he was on steroids and wasn't open about it, but I still don't see why this was worth doxing him for

Jenga

Banned
Folks on /fit/ say that he was on steroids and wasn't open about it, but I still don't see why this was worth doxing him for
so was this actually 4channers or some people releasing his info saying they were from 4chan

these are very two separate things

entremet

I have no idea personally, but dude has been training for 20 years. His physique doesn't look unobtainable naturally at all.

At most I can see him on HRT, which is legal with a prescription. He also wasn't a competitive bodybuilder, so I wasn't faking it for shows, so I don't get the witchhunt. He had a very positive message.

Ydahs

Hmm... I might give some of his workouts a try sometime this month. It's been a while since I've done any heavy lifting and I don't have a car to drive myself to the gym everyday, so I guess it's worth a shot.

Dude doesn't have an ego like other Youtube bodybuilders that I've seen.

casabolg

Banned
To generalize the opinion of it on 4chan:

-He was a public idol on /fit/ for a longest time, they all loved him
-Someone on /b/ found his information and proceeded to dox him
-/fit/ wanted this to end throughout
-People decided to call him, spread the word of where we lives
-He gets prank phone calls and even a person doing comments at him home
-He gets worried as the pranks get more serious and leaves
-/fit/ is so upset about it they are currently in disarray and many people left /fit/ altogether because of how disgusted about what /b/ has done to the man
-/fit/ is now looking for other role models as he's now in self-exile and Zyzz is dead

They loved the guy and generally did it because they could and some took it too seriously. That's how it usually works with 4chan.

NomarTyme

-/fit/ is so upset about it they are currently in disarray and many people left /fit/ altogether because of how disgusted about what /b/ has done to the man
-/fit/ is now looking for other role models as he's now in self-exile and Zyzz is dead

They loved the guy and generally did it because they could and some took it too seriously. That's how it usually works with 4chan.
Thanks.

reggie

Banned
Yeah I would like to know the full details before I make judgement. GAF understands 4chan like 60 year olds understand videogames.

So it was out of NOTHING? WTF 4chan, seriously

jesus

casabolg

Banned
What a terrible place.
That's what 4chan says.
When /b/ does something other boards like (/pol/ liked /b/ tailing Adria Richards, Katawa Shoujo Generals used to like the quality KS threads /b/ used to have, etc) everyone seems to be surprised and such.

The only boards I can't really stand are /b/, /v/ and /vg/. That is where the site gets its reputation from.

/m/, the mecha board, for example, is pretty laid back and mellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom