• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Cousins: Mirror's Edge 2 is in production [DICE: Never trust a badmouther]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Ben Cousins, the former executive producer of the Battlefield franchise (who has been hiring a couple of DICE employees to work at ngmoco recently) has said that Mirror's Edge 2 is in production.

Chances are fairly good he would actually know this.

His statements come after DICE mentioned they have 300 staff and are working on more than Battlefield in a tweet linking to said article.

Ben Cousins Twitter said:
Ben Cousins ‏@BenjaminCousins

It is general knowledge in the Stockholm dev scene that Mirror's Edge 2 is in production at DICE http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-21-dice-we-dont-want-to-become-a-battlefield-factory
Source: https://twitter.com/BenjaminCousins/status/271202320606457856

Update:

codhand

MLJ4X.gif

eXistor

Finally, I was sure it would happen some day; for all the denial, they never seemed to stop talking about it. Now don't fuck it up.

I didn't hate Mirrors edge, but why now? If there was enough support or interest shouldn't they have tried to capitalize on it some tme in the last 6 years?

Orayn

So the project has a pulse, that's good. Now we get to worry about them trying to make it appeal to a broader audience. :(

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I didn't hate Mirrors edge, but why now? If there was enough support or interest shouldn't they have tried to capitalize on it some tme in the last 6 years?

Easier to relaunch IPs near the beginning of a generation.

DICE is also much larger and doing a lot less side work for other studios now.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
What are the odds it will become a shooter?

Co-op and multiplayer shooter, here we come!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If true I will remain cautious. We all know what EA do when they make a sequel.

legacyzero

Banned
I like the first one. I just hope they add a bit more content than feeling like I'm Trinity running from agents.

Game was gorgeous too.

Dachande

Good. They should've learned what worked and what didn't from the first one. It's entirely possible to fix its problems and make the second one awesome.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So glad to hear this. Hope they don't turn it into a straight up shooter, as those were the worst moments of the original game. In fact, if they make it so that you can avoid firing a single shot that would be great ME1 had some sections were you were pretty much forced to, unless you wanted to play hide and seek with the guards and punch them to death).

Oh, and a sandbox mode would be the best thing ever.

How can you capitalize on something that won't came out till 2 years later?

-BLITZ-

I can't feel a thing. Who ever expected to see this coming. I didn't.

The thread truly deserve to have the best .gifs

Orayn

Can't wait for EA to turn this into an FPS.

I can feel my heart sinking already.

"You can still play this exactly like the original. We've just made it more accessible, de-emphasized the physics, modified the parkour work with a single button, and added more cinematic, action-oriented scenarios. Be sure to preorder at GameStop to get the exclusive Skyline map pack DLC, which should please fans of the first game."

Top Bottom