• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop: Preorders for PS3/Wii can only be made in used game tradeins. IN HAWAII

http://s93408648.onlinehome.us/uploads/gamestop_wiips3_preorder.jpg

GameStop will start accepting pre-orders for the PS3/Wii on MONDAY SEPTEMBER 18. This will last for ONE WEEK only. Any store can and will stop taking pre-orders at any time (most likely when their limit is reached). I have been advised (and I advise you) to go to the store on Monday and get your pre-order in.

GameStop is NOT ACCEPTING cash, or store credit for your down payment on a pre-order. You HAVE to trade in games or accessories when you pre-order. It must total $50 or more, and it will all go towards your system pre-order. Any money you put down after $50 can be credit, cash, or whatever else GameStop/EB accepts. This applies for both the Wii and the PS3.

Any promotions on game trade-ins active during your pre-order transaction can be used toward this pre-order stuff. That means that you can take advantage of the "trade 3 games and get $10 extra" offer currently being held at GameStop/EB.

You are GUARANTEED to get a Wii, but the date you get it IS NOT GUARANTEED (he specifically told me that you are not guaranteed to get your system on launch or anytime during the Christmas season).

Stores are going to give out launch systems based on chronological pre-order order. That means if you are the first one to pre-order/reserve your Wii, you will be the first one to get a Wii on launch day.

Reservations are limited to 1 per household.

If you want to know what exactly the text says at the bottom of the flyer, here it is: "Cash or Store Credit will not be accepted. Reservations of the PlayStation 3 or Nintendo Wii are limited to one (1) reservation/purchase per household."

And the text near the GameStop logo at the bottom: "All trades must be in working condition and are subject to manager approval. As GameStop cannot control production and shipping issues by the manufacturer, the reservation deposit will only gurantee a spot in line when the PlayStation 3 or Nintendo Wii becomes available. The reservation deposit does not guarantee reciept of a system available to purchase by Christmas."

Wow. Just wow.

:lol

what's funny is that with the Wii at least, I doubt they're gonna have some huge manufacturing shortages anyway, so you can just buy it anywhere

it is just a gamecube turbo, hurhurhurp

ZeoVGM

Banned
What the ****?

I just got out of work a couple hours ago and what the ****?

I just traded EVERYTHING I wanted to trade in my collection THIS WEEK to get money for these ****ing things. Now I can't ****ing use that credit towards it?

M3wThr33

Banned
Max Payne and many other games are only $2-ish.
Buy a few copies of those, flip it and use the trade-3-for-$10 and your cash is as good as put toward it.

Pellham

Banned
This is the biggest bullshit policy i've ever heard. $50 worth of tradeins?? That's like 20-25 games! **** you gamestop/EB.

...then again i'll probably still preorder from them cause I really want to pick the system up on launch day, and not wait a day for overnight shipping from amazon or whatever

I work at GS, and I have heard nothing about this. I even asked my DM today in a conference call and she didn't know.

I call bullshit, but that pic looks pretty legit. I dunno.

ZeoVGM

Banned
QuickKick89 said:
I work at GS, and I have heard nothing about this. I even asked my DM today in a conference call and she didn't know.

I call bullshit, but that pic looks pretty legit. I dunno.

my coworkers said he heard it'd start in 3 days.

this matches up.

omg rite said:
What the ****?

I just got out of work a couple hours ago and what the ****?

I just traded EVERYTHING I wanted to trade in my collection THIS WEEK to get money for these ****ing things. Now I can't ****ing use that credit towards it?

can't you still use that credit towards it? It didn't seem to say that you have to specifically do the tradein during that time.

uatu.jpg

"COME ON GUYS, SERIOUSLY. YOU'RE MAKING THIS WAY TOO EASY FOR ME."

Striek

$50 isn't that much. I actually thought 250-600$ worth of tradeins was what they wanted reading thread title.

ZeoVGM

Banned
soul creator said:
can't you still use that credit towards it? It didn't seem to say that you have to specifically do the tradein during that time.

read the actual first post plz.

Christopher

If anyone complys with this...just wow.

Can you people really just not wait until they are readily avaliable, do you HAVE to play it first comes out.

whatever, I guess my lost of interest in video games lately just gives me a "meh" attitude towards this, as in I'll get it when it comes around in stock...none of this bullshit.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Wtf. So if I trade in some PS2 games, I'll have just enough to cover the bottle of lube I had to provide for you to **** us over with?

Screw you Ebgames.

Duderz

Banned
If this is true, I'm canceling all my preorders I have in place (Zelda, Okami, FFXII, and VP: Silmeria) and never shopping at these crap stores again.

I'm sick of their shit.

EDIT: Wait, better not do that with FFXII, since they're the only ones getting the collector's edition.

So much for sticking it to the man. :/

Moderation Unlimited said:
I understand why they are doing this...to prevent EBay reselling, obviously.

It just happens to be a retardedly cumbersome system.
Ah. Good point. Hurts only PS3 resellers, though as Wii will not be hard to find. Still, I'm sure some of the bigger eBayers have multiple ways of getting a good number of PS3s. If this is why this is being done, it really won't end up working at all. It's going to be sad to see a lot of people give up their old stuff for this.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
you have to be kidding me :|

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
shrug. i've got a bunch of crap to trade in anyway. preordering a 360 didn't work out so well, but i might as well give it a go.

Christopher

drohne said:
shrug. i've got a bunch of crap to trade in anyway. preordering a 360 didn't work out so well, but i might as well give it a go.

so the stove was hot, you touched it once and got burned...and now your going for it again. Man, I really need to get into business.

M3wThr33

Banned
Well, It's time for me to find shit to trade.
I don't EVER trade games in, so this is going to be weird...
Edit:
Screw that. I'll just camp out at Wal-Mart, like I did for the GameCube years back. It was fun.

Tarjeta Prepagada said:
Trade in Madden and NCAA 07 (360)...BOOM you're over $50.

Hmm i may just do that.
Err. That probably won't work. Traditionally, sports games dependent on a single year are marked down heavily. Much, much more than half-price.

oddigy

Wait a second, hold the phone.

Does this mean they're not going to be accepting any kind of preorders online?
If not, well... hell. I guess I'll be picking up a Wii somewhere else, whenever I'm able to.
They've sunk to a new low... paying pennies on the dollar in NONTANGIBLE ASSETS for trade-ins.

I pity the fools who fall for this.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
M3wThr33 said:
Well, It's time for me to find shit to trade.
I don't EVER trade games in, so this is going to be weird...
Edit:
Screw that. I'll just camp out at Wal-Mart, like I did for the GameCube years back. It was fun.
I'm seriously thinking about it. I dont think I even have 50 dollars in game I want to trade. Thats seriously like 10 used games to them. They rape you on trade ins.

this is the most retarded thing ive ever heard.

Top Bottom