• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly cannot think of a single good thing about Alan Wake other than the visuals. The story, dialogue, and especially gameplay were all among the worst I've experienced in games.

Catvoca

Banned
I dig the combat in Alan Wake. There's something really satisfying about popping the darkness with your flashlight and then headshotting them with a pistol.

We know, you feel the need to say it every time someone says the name of the game.

I just legitimately don't understand it. I get how people can like games I don't. I'm not into Halo or PUBG, but I can at least respect those games. I was trying to think of a comparison, but I can't think of a major-release game that I found less enjoyable to play and for which I cannot see any upside. The worst part is that I really, really liked Max Payne so I know that Remedy can make good games or at least could at one time.

I honestly cannot think of a single good thing about Alan Wake other than the visuals. The story, dialogue, and especially gameplay were all among the worst I've experienced in games.

I really know ny way around a joystick.
This lady in stardew valley just told me so.

Also Dan's love of stardew valley made me check it out and I lost my entire day playing it.

It's a pretty good game.

I enjoyed that stream, the West guys seem to be having a lot more fun these days

I always imagine a 'Behind the Music' scenario

Where they're happy on camera, but as soon as it's off, they just ignore each other and have a general hatred of each other.

....anyhow in the SNES quick look, Brad mentions an infamous post on IRC about FF7 being Playstation exclusive >_> Is that saved somewhere?

Jintor

BTA

Imagine a new Fiasco with the Beast team we have now?

Fuck, I hope it happens.

I'm not sure what they'll do because they're pushing the player count past what seems to be manageable for this kind of game, especially if they stick to the 2-3 hour episode length. Might have to split it into 2 episodes or do 2 separate groups?

I do wonder what game they'll use this year regardless. Last year was Follow, which was the same as FatT's holiday game. And thanks to FatT's Patreon Austin's going to be decently familiar with a lot more games that are good for oneshots, which means we do have somewhat of a pool to guess from based on that alone.

I could see the latest Bluff City game, InSpectres, getting picked due to Jeff's fondness for Ghostbusters. But considering their Bluff City game of it is already set in New Jersey and has an ex-pro wrestler player character, I could see that being a bit repetitive for Austin.

ev0

When you click on a cnet link and theres an annoying autoplay video that has nothing to do with the article you clicked and the voice coming from it is Bakalar..

repeater

When you click on a cnet link and theres an annoying autoplay video that has nothing to do with the article you clicked and the voice coming from it is Bakalar..
0fpIdua.gif

Have $30 in eshop moolah

What are some good games you'd guys recommend?

The only one I can think of is Steamworld Dig 2

I kinda want Stardew, but the lack of touch features kills my enthusiasm

Curufinwe

I still can't believe that there's an R-rated cut of a fucking Hobbit movie.

Such a bewildering trilogy. It's like they looked back on every successful decision they made in adapting Lord of the Rings and said "okay but what if we did the exact opposite"

There's an R rating because the MPAA decided a dagger going thru an orc hand required it. Never mind that orcs getting their heads chopped off had only been worthy of a PG 13 going back to FotR. A third movie with a long, violent battle as the focus is common to both trilogies.

http://furiousfanboys.com/2015/12/07/why-the-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies-was-rated-r/amp/

Tubobutts

Have $30 in eshop moolah

What are some good games you'd guys recommend?

The only one I can think of is Steamworld Dig 2

I kinda want Stardew, but the lack of touch features kills my enthusiasm
You should get Stardew and the lack of rumble should kill your enthusiasm more than the lack of touch.

I've only played in handheld so that could be the case. Good to know that it's a bug and not supposed to be completely absent.

Yeah yeah, I'm seeing that if you start the game in docked mode, you can then take it out and it will have rumble in portable mode.

stMrQ8Y.png

1. Almond Joy
2. 3 Musketeers

fuck da rest

Bought Stardew and Picross S

:p

Gonna continue with Steamworld on the PC

Friday the 13th Beastcast ������

Oh the horror that will emanate from this thread if the whole Mario debate is brought up ������������

Hey, fuck you forum. Why does Blitz get to ghost but I don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom