• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Into the Badlands |S2| Live Action Anime w/ Chi Warrior Megazord | Sundays on AMC

aku:jiki

Oh man, they gave MK more lines. Why would they give MK more lines? On the upside on the acting front, at least Sunny's plastic robot wife actually managed a smile that seemed almost human.

Sarcasm aside, wasn't really feeling this episode at all. Loved the beginning with the two new environments and Sunny as a slave and I was grinning when they did that slow-mo shot of the chain being pulled to signal that Sunny's about to mess some guys some up, but basically from the moment MK spoke the illusion broke for me and I kind of hated the rest of the episode. The actress for the master was pretty bad too, and I'm sad to say that Nick Frost was a bit shit as well. The Widow wasn't even hot this time!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What did everyone else think when Marton Csokas' name popped up in the opening credits ?

I was like "Oh, I guess Quinn survived after all..."

How did Sonny end up in that slave mine? I completely forgot what happened last season.

After the Chi Warriors defeated Sunny, The River King captured him and sold him into slavery. (he wanted Sunny to kill M.K. in exchange for passage out of the Badlands because M.K. had previously, by accident, slaughtered an entire boatful of The River King's men. Sunny brought him the disfigured head of some rando and told him it was M.K. - but The River King found out it was a lie after he trailed Sunny and witnessed M.K. fighting the Chi Warriors)

Xevren

Binged the first season and watched the first episode for season 2. I'm so in love with this show. Even more in love with Widow <3

Sir Doom

Widow is still bad ass. That fight scene. Wow after watching Iron Fist
and I agree MK is still sucks but hopefully this training changes it
After the Chi Warriors defeated Sunny, The River King captured him and sold him into slavery. (he wanted Sunny to kill M.K. in exchange for passage out of the Badlands because M.K. had previously, by accident, slaughtered an entire boatful of The River King's men. Sunny brought him the disfigured head of some rando and told him it was M.K. - but The River King found out it was a lie after he trailed Sunny and witnessed M.K. fighting the Chi Warriors)

thanks to this. I was lose

It feels like they're playing up the colors even more this season for the Barons.

Was not paying attention to the credits and totally caught off guard by the ending.

Finally watching the premiere. Five minutes in, and it already feels like it has a bigger budget and scope than anything in Season 1

I was disappointed with the fights in the first ep this season. Too much focus on gore and not enough on choreography imo. Compare them to the Sonny vs. Four Widow henchmen fight from S1 if you don't get what I mean.

I just want a balanced mix of Wuxia choreography and 70's/80's campy violence.

I was disappointed with the fights in the first ep this season. Too much focus on gore and not enough on choreography imo. Compare them to the Sonny vs. Four Widow henchmen fight from S1 if you don't get what I mean.

Totally agree. Too many fast cuts, too much wire work, the martial arts just seems off compared to the first season.

Great premiere, the new characters all look so cool especially how diverse the cast is. That Widow sequence was so good, the choreography was amazing props to their stunt crew. So happy AMC decided to give this show a season 2.

corin7

Neo Member

I can agree with this. The gore was just a bit much by the end and a couple of the fights could have gone a bit longer with less cuts. The one where Sonny tries to escape was the one exception. I felt that was spot on.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L+SD Ratings

Season 1

Episode 1 - 6.4 million viewers and a 3.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 4.8 million viewers and a 2.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 5.2 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 2.4 million viewers and a 1.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 2.2 million viewers and a 1.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 2.2 million viewers and a 0.8 A18-49 rating

Season 2

Episode 1 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 rating

lumi7890

L+SD Ratings

Season 1

Episode 1 - 6.4 million viewers and a 3.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 4.8 million viewers and a 2.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 5.2 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 2.4 million viewers and a 1.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 2.2 million viewers and a 1.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 2.2 million viewers and a 0.8 A18-49 rating

Season 2

Episode 1 - 3.4 million viewers and a 1.4 A18-49 rating
Not to bad, hopefully. the positive reception from this first episode will pull in more people .

Just finished watching first episode of second season and it was amazing. I screamed with joy when The Widow turned the guy into minced meat.

Iton Fist should have learned so much from this

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
TV fights should have learned so much from this

FTFY. You're welcome.

Into the Badlands shows that with a proper budget and rehearsal, you can do decent fight scenes on TV. Why Marvel couldn't do it (outside of being cheap-asses), I'll never know.

Renpatsu

To be fair though the style of fighting in ITB is very specifically in the lineage of Hong Kong action and Wuxia epics of which the skills required to pull it off are pretty strict. In general when you compare it to Western action direction that style quickly becomes unfeasible at the pace of most television productions without a cast and crew that has a firm grasp in that style of action. ITB pulls it off because Wu and co have the connections to bring in some of the bests in the industry with that area of expertise and make it a priority within the very conception of the show's production schedule.

WarRock

Holy crap they went so hard in the brutality. Agreed that there wasn't enough focus on the choreography, but I'm ok with that every now and then just so they can show off how ruthless the situation is. I mean, Widow wasn't looking for a fight against equals, she was slaughtering sheep.

Master being full D&D Monk powers is hype.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Force of Eagle's Claw

While Sunny and Bajie struggle to stay alive, the Widow faces challenges as she consolidates her power. Meanwhile, MK discovers secrets about his past.

Qvoth

just watched episode 1, shit man i forgot like 99% of the story
the amc recap video doesn't work in my country so it doesn't help
wtzgU.gif

just watched episode 1, shit man i forgot like 99% of the story
the amc recap video doesn't work in my country so it doesn't help
wtzgU.gif

Sunny has a child and left his life behind to find them. MK has a dark power that is out of control. That's it. The recap video is geolocked for me too

Bandit1

Just watched last week's episode, really loved the opening and the fight with Sunny all locked up. Ain't nobody got nothing on the widow, and still not into all the supernatural stuff with MK.

TheFlow

Banned
Finally watching the first episode. Holy shit what a great opening. Production values seem to be crazy. And that opening song!

Yooooooo, the fights scenes and choreography. The mystical/supernatural stuff. That gotdamn Widow massacre. The budget. Amazing. I'm glad this show is back.

TheFlow

Banned
Finished the first episode it was awesome.

Hate to say it but I love the stuff with M.k. This is what I wanted from Irok Fist

Top Bottom