• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2017 Edition

Heero5

Glad you do, thanks! Was really impressed with them as they were not overpriced, practical and look nice. Took two of us to put it together, the build quality is great. Was looking for something wide but not too long in depth so it doesn't stick out as much. That is a spare room in the house (used for gaming/chilling out) which was big enough for a two seater sofa, TV unit and those two storage units. As the room was a square(ish) shape I was able to cable up a 5.1 Tannoy speaker system to the AV Reciever which I can't do without for gaming now.

I'm from the UK so I got them from the Argos online store as they had a decent range and good value:

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/8720131

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6095758
Thanks for the info! I've been needing a upgrade on shelving for games/movies. I'm in a fairly small room, thanks for the advice!

Here's my current setup! My whole apartment is basically a battlestation. Also an Ikea showroom lmfao. There's an Ikea 4 miles from me, sigh.

Anyways!

Here's the desk, nothing too fancy. i5 4690k/8gb/gtx970 in a Define r5 and an ASUS 144hz monitor. Corsair mechanical/wireless headset and Zowie mouse.

A shot of the whole thing-

The couch and main gaming area. The right side of the couch slides out and makes the couch one big bed essentially, and the chaise lifts up for storage. Coolest couch ever! It was a birthday gift from my mom last week! Old coffee table is the only thing left to upgrade in the apartment, although I will be getting a heavier duty book shelf soon as well, even though it's pretty new.

The cabinet of games!

And the main setup. No cable or TV here, it's purely a gaming and Netflix/youtube/Pandora setup. I like it better that way! Gaming rig has a long HDMI running to TV for games as well. Played through DOOM 2016 PC on the big screen this week with a friend, was amazing.

I hope everyone likes it! It's still a work in progress, but I've got a lot of inspiration from GAF and r/battlestations, so thanks for posting up your rad setups!

I like your set up. You have a lot with such small space.

I notice a lot of PC with I5. Is there a preference with that over I7?

Also did you get that game cabinet from Ikea also?

Office / PC Gaming

1iWgFA8.jpg

Living Room (old photo when I first moved in, not much setup)
(Xbox One S, Wii U not pictured)

uZlBrUx.jpg

pOONtCs.jpg

Again, old photo right after we moved into our house, no frames up or other furniture but you get the general idea.

lem0n

I like your set up. You have a lot with such small space.

I notice a lot of PC with I5. Is there a preference with that over I7?

Also did you get that game cabinet from Ikea also?

Thank you! Yeah I'm used to having small rooms at my parent's house so I've learned how to make the most of my space!

The difference between the I7 and I5 isn't a whole lot, if you mainly play games. The I7 is better for editing, that's really it. I don't do any of that so the premium price just wasn't worth it to me. I assume it's a similar story with the others here, as well!

And yeah, the TV cabinet is from Ikea, but I picked the feet and doors out myself!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So this seems like probably the best place to ask - Are there any particular entertainment centers that would be recommended for housing a lot (8+) consoles? Moving into my own place this summer and since I already use these threads for ideas I figured I'd ask directly.

So this seems like probably the best place to ask - Are there any particular entertainment centers that would be recommended for housing a lot (8+) consoles? Moving into my own place this summer and since I already use these threads for ideas I figured I'd ask directly.

the most popular ones I've noticed the last few threads are the Ikea Besta and the Ikea Kallax. the Kallax is more of a shelf. the besta is extremely customizable and pretty affordable. I personally have the Besta and i really like how i put mine together

Squarehard

Someone should make the show us your collection 2017 edition since no one has yet.

That's where I shine since my gaming set up is dated. :D

the most popular ones I've noticed the last few threads are the Ikea Besta and the Ikea Kallax. the Kallax is more of a shelf. the besta is extremely customizable and pretty affordable. I personally have the Besta and i really like how i put mine together

+1 for Besta, there are so many combos, it's cheap and it looks great.

AfroDust

Here is my new living room setup. Was waiting for the 2017 thread to post. We did a whole-home renovation in 2016. I don't much care for fireplaces, but my wife insisted on one. So it was up to me to design a unit that integrated one without ruining the tv experience. I don't care for having a tv above a fireplace, so this is what I came up with. Everything is custom made to my original drawings. I had soft leather handles made for the tops of the drawers, which all use heavy duty Blum hardware to be able to store some of my movie and game collection. There is also more storage built into the sides and rear of the sectional couch that we bought. The top of the cabinetry is Caesarstone, and the unit is constructed strong enough that several people can stand on it. The area above the drawers is wired for gigabit ethernet, as is the rest of the house. All speaker cables are 4 conductor wire and are routed through the walls. All audio interconnects are balanced XLR. The first pic was taken the day all the wall-mounting happened. I have since cleaned it up a bit (the rest of the pics).

Hardware list:
Sony XBR-65HX950
3x Paradigm Signature W5 v.2 (front and centre on-wall speakers)
2x Paradigm Signature ADP3 v.3 (rear on-wall speakers)
JL Audio F112 Subwoofer (on its own dedicated circuit)
Anthem AVM60 Pre/Pro
D-Sonic M3-2000-5 Amp
Nvidia Shield TV
PS4 Pro
WiiU
2x Furman AC-215A surge protectors (one for subwoofer, one for Anthem/D-Sonic)
Isobar Ultra surge protector (for everything else), hidden in a Bluelounge CableBox

That is ULTRA clean fam.

J-P

Neo Member
Sorry for the horrible photos/lighting. It seems i'm horrible at taking pics.

Anyway:

cYzHwVD.jpg

jRwn13l.jpg

t07bY8d.jpg

zRDtyJ6.jpg

LG B6 65
PS4 Pro
Sonos 5.1 Setup

Edit: lmao image fail.....finally got it

I love everything about that. Bravo.

Not over the top. Not "LOOK AT ALL THE MONEY I SPENT" like some of the posts here and in the pickups thread.

Awesome.

sarcastor

just upgraded my 4 year old system to a AOC 34" monitor and RX480 4gb. I can play most games at 3440x1440 at medium quality at least :)

lyUkJSb.jpg

J-P

Neo Member
Are those custom tri-force covers on the stalls?

nah my girlfriend found them and really liked them but when I pointed out they had triforce symbols she didn't know what that was. I thought it was a nice bonus though.

sarcastor

o.o is the a hole in the wall?
that s where i tried to mount a mount for my older monitor and it didnt work very well

Nice setup. Where did you get the desk from?

Its the ikea gerton! i really want hairpin legs for it but i dont want to spend $60 on unnecessary legs

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50106773/

Nice setup! Just curious, how many pixels would 3440x1440 at high resolution be? :3

damn you ESL class!

Brandson

But still messy thanks to all the devices stacked on top.

This was a deliberate choice on my part. I think it works on a long lowboard style unit. You don't have to worry about airflow over the electronics and everything is easily accessible to hookup a retro console. My goal was to get the top of the unit to be as low to the floor as possible, while satisfying all of the fireplace's safety requirements.

For my home theatre room I am working on, I have a dedicated rack in a closet for all the gear as there will be no furniture near the screen. I have ductwork into the closet to provide sufficient air there. That room won't be ready for photos until at least late Summer. It will be a projection-based setup and Atmos capable.

hobozero

that s where i tried to mount a mount for my older monitor and it didnt work very well

Looks like there is brick underneath the drywall? If I owned that place, I would tear the drywall out entirely. The exposed brick behind the computer desk would look awesome.

Brandson

so uh, what are the chances you can help me design a future mancave

because dang this room is amazing

Thanks. Happy to give feedback but I don't think I have the time to do complete designs. Although it could be fun, I have a different full time job that has nothing to do with design.

ShyGuy

Sorry for the horrible photos/lighting. It seems i'm horrible at taking pics.

Anyway:

jRwn13l.jpg

A) Don't apologise for "horrible photos". Seeing people's setups in any way is better than not seeing them.

B) I like your setup a lot! Very nice indeed.

C) For realz...the only thing you need to do in this pic is hide the Sonos cables behind the legs of the tables, to make it look cleaner. I see two Sonos speakers, each showing the

Bumhead

Banned
So many awesome setups in here!

Just finished my new PC build, so my desk is my main gaming area currently:

6fjWtzc.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous.

Currently torn between this, a Phanteks Evolv Glass and a Thermaltake P3 myself. All gorgeous cases but your pics might have swayed me towards the 570x.

iuuk

Not as nice as many of the other pictures here, but I like it all the same;

Couch gaming:

PSTV and Apple tv on the left, PS4 on the right next to the speaker, PC connected via 10m HDMI-cable.

Desk gaming, on what actually is the worlds most grandiose desk;

Got to make due with the space I've got (and yes, those curtains are getting replaced, they did not like my airco last summer).

Here's my current setup. I am not partial to the minimal aesthetic that appears to be so popular on these boards, rather I prefer my pad to look warm and lived in.

The two main jam stations, the PC/small CRT area, and the console/TV/bigger CRT area:

3LA4hXD.jpg

vt7jnX6.jpg

^Got an Xbone, PS4 Pro, AVS, and PS3 set up in the TV area, plus some Wii U games and a bunch of arcade sticks.

Q3Z2gTv.jpg

I have a SCART switch and signal distributor set up so I can play games on either monitor at the same time, including the computer monitor (via OSSC).

Here's a close-up of the shrine:​

Here's all my stuff on the shelves, excluding the ones on the bottom cause they need dusting.

I have a medicinal card.

Hardware list:
Sony XBR-65HX950
3x Paradigm Signature W5 v.2 (front and centre on-wall speakers)
2x Paradigm Signature ADP3 v.3 (rear on-wall speakers)
JL Audio F112 Subwoofer (on its own dedicated circuit)
Anthem AVM60 Pre/Pro
D-Sonic M3-2000-5 Amp
Nvidia Shield TV
PS4 Pro
WiiU
2x Furman AC-215A surge protectors (one for subwoofer, one for Anthem/D-Sonic)
Isobar Ultra surge protector (for everything else), hidden in a Bluelounge CableBox

That's what I'm talking about. That Anthem Paradigm life.

I haven't posted my set up for 2017 yet cause it's in a transition period as I'm moving away from DefTech and going to go either B&W CM 9 or 10 or Paradigm Prestige 85 or 95 going to drive them with a MRX 1120 Actually going to listen to them tomorrow actually.

KingStrava

Neo Member
Nothing too much has changed. I've added a PSPro and PSVR to the setup. I'm mostly working on all the home automation now. I can post some video's if anyone is interested.

image4_zps6chwbctd.jpg

image1%203_zpsblhpdb8x.jpg

image3_zpsa1dzif8r.jpg

Sorry for the poor image quality.

Kureransu

Mine really hasn't changed much since 2011, I did get a new 5.1 surround speaker set and a new receiver a few years ago not pictured here, but this gets the job done well. I think this pic is from 2013.
setup.jpg

I'm mostly working on all the home automation now. I can post some video's if anyone is interested.

Please do, I would definitely be interested both in the infrastructure and in the functionality aspect of it. I'm contemplating putting together an automated system in my next house, so some ideas would be more than welcome.

Nothing too much has changed. I've added a PSPro and PSVR to the setup. I'm mostly working on all the home automation now. I can post some video's if anyone is interested.

image4_zps6chwbctd.jpg

image1%203_zpsblhpdb8x.jpg

image3_zpsa1dzif8r.jpg

Sorry for the poor image quality.

I love the media cabinet! May I ask where you found it?

Top Bottom