• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDM |OT| Future Flo-Rida Hits

Went to EDC in NYC last year and while I was in Ibiza Iv'e been out every night and saw top guys like Tiesto, Guetta, Skrillex, SHM, Afrojack,Avicii, Carl Cox and Armin. So much fun. Its awesome that in Ibiza you have all these guys playing every night of the week. Guetta F**K Me Im Famous party at Pacha was my fav out of the bunch
probably not the most popular opinion on GAF, but I love Guetta

In NYC we get top DJ's all the time at the hottest clubs, but its just not the same. The club space is just too small to contain the madness that you can find in Ibiza, Vegas and Miami.

Krabardaf

Cool thread.

DnB fan, but listen to all kind of EDM.

Used to enjoy Dance Department podcast from NL radio 538, but it's not free anymore. Bullshit.

Will follow what happens here :)

andylsun

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone been able to track down the full 2-hour Cirez D set from weekend 2 of Ultra? I can only find a 15-minute upload and it's driving me nuts. I need that set.

Rukes

The front page still gets no respect
Haha dude, I wanted to include Rukes photos but didn't wanna get hit with a cease and desist. :) If you don't have a problem with me using your photos I'll gladly put some up.

You can post pics wherever, just as long as they aren't edited/cropped/watermark removed/etc... :)

Pretty amazingly accurate list!

Omg I forgot about Beelzebeat.

Along with so many other favorites, it's unfortunate that Middle of Nowhere gets no love from many Orbital fans.

Know Where to Run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SckgNhaZFr0

I Don't Know You People
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAEr7yYpDis

middle of nowhere was the first orbital album I bought. i'd heard halcyon, satan, and lush but the local record store didn't have those in stock and i didn't have a credit card to buy stuff online yet. otono will always have a special place in my heart; deeeeeep breaks.

otono ft. pooka

daviyoung

Banned
To all the people who discovered great new music in the Groundbreaking Electronic thread, you're welcome

To all the people too scared to post in that thread, fuck you that's not a reason

This thread should be renamed to Pop Dance OT of RIP MTV, Groundbreaking Electronic should be renamed Electronic Music Thread of Beeps and Boops

I will be frequenting that thread because the music is more my bag. Also whoever was responsible for recording UMF sets really fucked it up.

I have subbed to this thread because I sub to every thread I post in.

Peace.

Phreaker

Love EDM long time! :)

Any of you guys listen to RadioDanz (internet radio)? What other EDM online stations do you listen to if at all?

To all the people who discovered great new music in the Groundbreaking Electronic thread, you're welcome

To all the people too scared to post in that thread, fuck you that's not a reason

This thread should be renamed to Pop Dance OT of RIP MTV, Groundbreaking Electronic should be renamed Electronic Music Thread of Beeps and Boops

I will be frequenting that thread because the music is more my bag. Also whoever was responsible for recording UMF sets really fucked it up.

Peace.

yeah man, because why cater to people's tastes when we can just say "fuck you, your shit sucks"?

PLUR, bro.

Cagey

Banned

Peace.

What if we don't post in your thread because we don't like your music, and thus find the thread irrelevant?

kaskade

i am LOVING these two new Kaskade tracks

Kaskade & Project 46- Last Chance

Kaskade - All That You Give FAces (Kaskade Summer Loving Mash Up)

amazing vocal on both of those tracks, second track has that summer vibe too!

i cant wait to see him this summer

also a new track form Ummet Ozcan, i can see a lot of djs dropping this in their set
Ummet Ozcan- Here & Now DAT BASSLINE :O! probably one of my fav track from 2013 so far

This is the first time we've heard the full version of Last Chance right? I loved it since the clip he put of "Summer Lovin" for his vegas thing. Song is destined to be played a ton this summer. Perfect summer sound.

D23

This is the first time we've heard the full version of Last Chance right? I loved it since the clip he put of "Summer Lovin" for his vegas thing. Song is destined to be played a ton this summer. Perfect summer sound.

wow nice name haha.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Not like he would really be Gaf anyway.

conspiracy-keanu-template.jpg

Dreaver

Great thread.
I'm quite into EDM since the last 2 years or so. I listen to a lot of sub genres (electronic, electro house, UK garage, techno, minimal, dubstep, drum and bass). I'm more into the "underground" stuff like Photek, Flume, SBTRKT, Disclosure, Kavinsky and Daft Punk (well, not that underground but not that known). I'll keep most of those artists in the underground thread. Doesn't mean I don't like the more known artists though, I saw Swedish House Mafia live at the One Last Tour, loved it. I would love to see more artists live, sadly most of my friends aren't into EDM, let alone festivals.

By the way, perhaps another nice site to mention in the first post is EDMTunes, they're quite big.
I bet you deadmau5 is here somewhere, talking about minecraft

His photographer posts here sometimes (Rukes), I think he is the biggest dj photographer in the world.

D23

Great thread.
I'm quite into EDM since the last 2 years or so. I listen to a lot of sub genres (electronic, electro house, UK garage, techno, minimal, dubstep, drum and bass). I'm more into the "underground" stuff like Photek, Flume, SBTRKT, Disclosure, Kavinsky and Daft Punk (well, not that underground but not that known). I'll keep most of those artists in the underground thread. Doesn't mean I don't like the more known artists though, I saw Swedish House Mafia live at the One Last Tour, loved it. I would love to see more artists live, sadly most of my friends aren't into EDM, let alone festivals.

By the way, perhaps another nice site to mention in the first post is EDMTunes, they're quite big.

His photographer posts here sometimes (Rukes), I think he is the biggest dj photographer in the world.

he already posted in the last few pages or so

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Added EDM Tunes to the OP since there have been a few people who have mentioned it already.

Thanks, listening to this now. I generally can't tell some of the harder DnB apart from Dubstep since they sound really similar to my ears.

Thanks, listening to this now. I generally can't tell some of the harder DnB apart from Dubstep since they sound really similar to my ears.

It seems that "hard D&B" has swung towards 175bpm dubstep recently, which is a pity. Certainly, that's how I'd describe Zardonic's recent stuff (somehow, I don't think he would disagree). Check out Dark Rain that I linked, and note the difference.

Yeah, a lot of Zardonic's recent stuff leans more towards the Drumstep side of things. But that's fine with me cause I adore Dubstep/Drumstep just as much as I do D&B. I'll post a batch of favorite *blank*step tracks later on, despite the hate they may get.

Forgot to post this tune as well:
Joanna Syze & Tyhh - Left in Dust VIP
Stomps all over the (already great) original version, imo.

Top Bottom