• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Weekly Episode 1

Ashodin

wii_weekly3.png

So I've been thinking about doing my own video show after the video I made for the TP alternate run through dungeon 7, and I finally did it tonight. The intro is really tacky, and there's not much in the way of music, but I hope I can be informative and helpful.

This is going to be a two-a-week series starring yours truly, where I detail out some stuff about the Wii. It's nice for people who want to see how to do things with the Wii directly. Now my camera isn't the best (nor is my TV), like some OTHER video shows out there, but hopefully it still comes across as good.

The videos are located at:

http://www.kakariko.com/wiiweekly1_0001_wmv.zip (124 MB, WMV)
http://www.kakariko.com/wiiweekly1_0001_avi.zip (219 MB, AVI)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VKGH6LUC (124 MB, WMV)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTjNpP4fNQ4 (19 MB, WMV)

Yes, it's scripted, I tried doing a video straight without any script and it was horrible, lots of uh's and dead air. Hopefully you'll all enjoy this and look forward to my next one!

This episode was meant to be up yesterday, but with all the processing and uploading, it took forever. So it's up now, and I've gotta plan Thursday's episode.

Enjoy!

Maxrpg said:
I'd have it on youtube, except I'm not a director and it's over 10 minutes long.

Yeah I try to avoid youtube when I upload my videos. Though its more accessible I am anal about video quality, so I can't bare to let one of my videos be viewed on some low-res, compressed, movie player.

Though for some reason this file is taking forever to decompress right now. : (

Might have to download again.

Ashodin

GreenGlowingGoo said:
Another vote for Wiikly. Wii Weekly makes it sound like a bad pun of wee wee. :)
If enough people want it, I'll gladly do it. That's the cool thing about this show - user input is listened to the most.

Noooo, keep the name, just remove "weekly" from the subtitle, it's redundant.
"WiiWeekly - Your guide to all things Wii" sounds better, I think.
Can't download though. Got stuck twice.

Ashodin

Evangelos said:
A megaupload link is coming.

Captain N

Evangelos said:

I got stuck twice, but that was right clicking it..I've found just clicking the link will make it save much faster

Ashodin

Captain N said:
I got stuck twice, but that was right clicking it..I've found just clicking the link will make it save much faster
Yeah, my servers are very weird when it comes to downloading.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
For crying out loud

Don't do everything in one take.

I feel like I was watching you rehearse.

Ashodin

sp0rsk said:
For crying out loud

Don't do everything in one take.

I feel like I was watching you rehearse.
Comments are welcomed! I was thinking about that myself. Next time will be different. First steps are always rocky.

knoo

Just watched it and really liked it.
You shouldn´t give scores for VC games imho though. Say what you like and dislike and if you think it´s worth the money.

Mii Request: Homer Simpson

Ginko

I'm watching it right now. I think you should loosen a bit and make it look more "cool" than the formal approach you're taking.

keanerie

Ginko said:
I'm watching it right now. I think you should loosen a bit and make it look more "cool" than the formal approach you're taking.

I agree. I think the show's good and I like it, but your attitude on camera is somewhere between a HSN salesperson and a nervous high school student giving a PowerPoint for the first time - it's just kind of awkward. Transitions between segments are also kind of abrupt - maybe some visual cues before the segment rather than after you turn the camera around to begin the segment? Also, your sweater is like a size too big for you, dude. :)

Keep it up, though - I look forward to the next episode.

Ashodin

Ginko said:
Tomorrow (today?)'s episode has more of this.

keanerie said:
I agree. I think the show's good and I like it, but your attitude on camera is somewhere between a HSN salesperson and a nervous high school student giving a PowerPoint for the first time - it's just kind of awkward. Transitions between segments are also kind of abrupt - maybe some visual cues before the segment rather than after you turn the camera around to begin the segment? Also, your sweater is like a size too big for you, dude. :)

Keep it up, though - I look forward to the next episode.

Don't worry about it - I was very nervous at the time of creation, but I'm much more relaxed now.

Mason

Two times a week seems a bit excessive; is there really that much stuff to cover? I think it would be better if you put a little more time into making one well-produced and edited show per week.

Ashodin

Mason said:
Two times a week seems a bit excessive; is there really that much stuff to cover? I think it would be better if you put a little more time into making one well-produced and edited show per week.
Slow weeks most likely will be reduced to one a week. It's two a week now for all the rabid people who desire Wii info after a launch.

can you youtube it? I don't want to download 124 megs
The link is above.

You need a new server man. I'm using the megaupload one now but I hate megaupload the site annoys the hell out of me. Compression artifacts drive me nuts, why I wont watch the you tube version that thing is probably compressed to hell and back)

Ashodin

Shin Johnpv said:
You need a new server man. I'm using the megaupload one now but I hate megaupload the site annoys the hell out of me. Compression artifacts drive me nuts, why I wont watch the you tube version that thing is probably compressed to hell and back)
Some of the people above were able to get it, I believe if you just click on it directly it'll download faster.

Deku

Banned
hey can you wear a mic or maybe set up a mic closer to you?
The sound quality is a bit tinny and hard to hear.

Otherwise, a good start.

Scoot said:
If Reilly would do a PS3 show and you keep doing a Wii show, all of my dreams would be realized. Jesus saves!

oh gawd :lol

You have to try and fit "Jesus Saves" somewhere in the next 1up Yours. I need to hear the words come from your mouth.

Ashodin

Scoot said:
If Reilly would do a PS3 show and you keep doing a Wii show, all of my dreams would be realized. Jesus saves!
I'm glad I make half of your dreams come true!

Deku said:
hey can you wear a mic or maybe set up a mic closer to you?
The sound quality is a bit tinny and hard to hear.

Otherwise, a good start.

These things are possible.

Top Bottom